Are you a returner?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. very guilty, but yes i used to be a returner. i used to work down the street from nordstrom rack, and i would go there once a week during lunch and sometimes i would make really bad bag decisions (pressed for time) so i would buy something, take it home realize i had nothing that matched, take it back the next week, and lo and behold something new would catch my eye.... actually i think i'm more of a compulisive shopper than a returner...

2. if it does not work for me, i will return in rather than "wasting" the money and I don't worry about facing sa's. If it wasn't practical in the real world, you return it.
    simple.

3. I can update my previous post now... I bought a Coach Sig Tote and a LV Neverfull yesterday. I woke up this morning and decided they must go back. oh well.

I'll keep the Coach Patchwork wallet though since I am using it.

4. I have been a returner in the past. I think it's really hard to know if you like a bag until you get home and fill it and actually use it. I haven't returned any of my LV's - - those are expensive so I have taken a longer time making the decision to buy them...I ask about them...play with them in the boutique and compare pics etc. For cheaper bags I have brought home and realized I don't like them...they go back. I wouldn't return anything that was really used by me - I make sure I take care of them until I decide whether I want them or not.

5. I dont ever return high end merchandise that I bought in a store (online is different!). The reason is that I usually think about the purchase for so long and if I buy it, it is actually something that I've wanted for a very long time and I've made sure I have enough money for. I'm not really an impulse buyer, it takes me forever to make up my mind! But once I take the plunge, the item is mine for good! :yahoo:

However, cheaper clothes/shoes bought at places where no one really spent time to help me is another story. I change my mind on those purchases often!

6. I don't think I am a serial returner - but I do return things.

Most of the time I buy things that I really like - and I do research on it, look for the best deals etc - can't really go wrong there.

But at times when I return, it could be several reasons, I needed the money for something else, or it really didn't suit me or that I found something else...

I think we just like the fact that there is the return policy so that we can actually change our minds if we do.

Unlike my mother tho - my dad says that one day they will abolish the return policy because of my mom LOL!

7. It takes me ages to pick out a bag and I don't purchase it unless I'm absolutely sure I'll like it.

So no

8. Never.

9. I have absolutely returned bags but the times I have done it are when purchasing a great deal impulsively online and it doesn't look the same IRL

10. Yes.

11. I'm not a returner, but my bff is..almost every single time we go out to shop it will be to a place where she has to return a handbag..it first started with shoes, clothes and Coach handbags..the Coach people knew her at the 2 locations we live by..I never understood why she kept changing her mind only after a week..it was so compulsive..it got worse with Fendi and LV and even to this day she still does this. I noticed she doesn't even really like the bag and then exchanges it for another she hardly likes and the chain goes on endlessly.. with me I only buy bags I truly love and research it online and purchase it because I'm sure I like it.. it got to a point where she would buy the same bags I would- "just because"..it drives me nuts..
    :smile::nogood::nogood:

12. I have only returned one bag a Kate Spade I bought.
    It was damaged so I had to ship it back.

13. I return things ordered online all of the time with no guilt. I order the bag, open it and sometimes, I don't even need to try it on. I just know that it's not going to work and I repackage it to be sent back. For a while, I think my toddler thought that when you open packages, you're supposed to shake your head and say, "Oh, NOOOO...this is not going to work.":shame::lol: It's usually a case of the website not giving a completely accurate description of the item. And I list all of that on the slip that requests the reason for the return.:smartass:I probably need to get a babysitter and actually step into a few more stores and look at bags instead of relying on the online descriptions.

14. No, only once in my life have I returned anything (a pair of jeans) to a store.

15. Well I returned a total of 3 bags .... two LVs and one Fendi. At first I got my mom a neo speedy for her birthday but she didn't quite like the speedy so I exchanged it for a Manhattan PM. The SA packed the manhattan PM in a ripped dustbag. I'm not usually the one to complain so I took it home and presented the new bag to my mom. Then she tells me she would rather have an Chanel. So I returned the Manhattan PM again. Then the SA accused me of swapping the dustbags!!! I was pretty outraged. So I purposely went back and purchased another Manhattan PM from another SA and kept it. I also purchased a Fendi from a SA in Bloomingdales. I actually really liked the bag but I decided I wanted the LV multicolore speedy. So I went back and returned it. I was actually hoping it wouldn't be the same SA but she was the only one working there. I mean feeling bad is only normal. But would you want to be stuck with a bag that you don't even really like over feeling bad she lost a couple of bucks?