Are you a returner?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. ITA and my bags are not $1000+. Don't stone me but especially when I buy online, the brown truck arrives, I open the package, tape the package back up and drive over to the UPS store to send it back - a complete circle taking about 15 minutes!! I don't usually buy at boutiques so it's not so personal when I shop at Bloomies or NM and if I buy the bag, take it home, live with it a day or two and don't love it, I return it! Usually, in that case, my strongest emotion is RELIEF... I don't usually worry about the SA's because I know I will be back and buying again..BELIEVE ME: what stays is far more things than what gets returned!!!:okay::supacool:

2. I purchased a premium designer bag with a scratch on the leather towards the bottom but because i was LAZY, I didn't take it back for an exchange...........^_^

I'm not a serial returner but I have gone and made returns and exchanges on items other than handbags....

3. i've returned some bags in the past...yes...i have to admit. :sad: yeah, i do feel bad for the person who has lost their commission...but if i'm not totally sure about the bag, i try not to let anybody waste their time and help me decide (b/c if i'm not sure about it, more than 75% of the time i will return it). but i don't return as often as some other people i know

4. No I usually know what I want & don't return.

5. I am not a returner at all unless a product is actually defective. I just don't see the point. IMHO, there is no difference than trying it on in front of a mirror in a store than trying it on at home. I just make sure it's something I know I want. I know what I have in my closet, I know what I wear, I know what it's going to go with.

6. I have returned bags that I bought online. Even though I am careful when I order, sometimes the color or size isn't exactly what I wanted. I never feel guilty making a return.

7. I return if I am not happy, but it took me awhile to get to this point. I am just careful to keep my receipts and not take off the tags until I am 100 % sure.
    Three years ago I ordered a Devi Kroell from NM, from a store,not on line. When the bag arrived I hated it on site- wrong color, wrong size. And hugely expensive, I felt terrible whenever I thought about it. But the SA sent such a sweet note in the bag, I felt too bad to return it. I know I am spineless!
    Three years later and I love the bag and am SO glad I kept it. So my problem worked out to my benefit.

8. I'm a returner. I try to get things I love but sometimes I never actually use it or it doesn't look right with what I bought it for. So I will return it.

Most of the time it's because I shop online a lot and when I receive it, it doesn't look like what I envisioned it would look like, doesn't fit, etc. so I return it.

I don't fret about it because it rarely affects a commissioned SA since most returns are online or at places without commission. I also don't have very many regular SAs at the moment because I have yet to find very many people who seem to do more than open a dressing room for me. For me to give a SA my business they need to treat me somewhat special - free shipping, thank yous, calls to let you know of sales, giving you a business card, remembering something I like... just something above opening a dressing room and ringing up an item.

9. I am a returner and don't feel guilty at all. After all, most of the department stores I buy from in London have a no quibble return policy as long as it has not been used.

Most of the time, there is also too much pressure being put on you in the shop to buy. I prefer to make up my mind in the privacy of my own home. Besides, a bag looks completely different when you have all your stuff in it - imagine the hassle of emptying out the contents of your bag in the middle of a shop into the bag you are trying on!

10. I rarely ever return anything. I don't think I've ever returned a bag.

11. Never returned a bag, I rarely make rash purchases. Buy the time I buy something, I'll have tried it on, daydreamed about it and absolutely sure that I want it.

12. I've bought 2 bags, that I loved in the store but once I got them home and put my stuff in them..I really didn't like them.
    So I took them back and exchanged for something else, normally more expensive.

13. i am... i don't mean to be, but i am. i don't worry sas, though, b/c i shop elux.

14. NO , I usually give purchases a lot of thought, I don't return unless there's a malproduction.

15. Boy oh boy, thats a GREAT question for everyone on here! Yes, I was a serial returner. I was so wishy washy with my purchases that I was ALWAYS returning bags! It was so bad, that I would call and make sure my SA was NOT working on the day I was returning a bag, because I would feel bad. I am MUCH better now. I TRY and choose wisely now. Today I bought a Coach Indigo Denim logo Tote and a Indigo Patchwork Wallet AND a LV Neverfull bag. I doubt any of it will be returned. GREAT question! One of the best questions ever asked on here. Come on girls, spill it! You know we are all returners!:P