Anyone still use their classic speedy?

I have 7 lv bags and 2 of which are the classic speedy 30 :giggle: I have the DA and DE, for some reason I'm not a fan of the monogram print in speedy's. The DA was my very first LV piece purchased over 10 years ago and I still love the style. The Speedy B is versatile, but I personally don't like the look of the leather running down the side when using as a hand held bag.

Reactions: Strep2031
I have a speedy35 in monogram that I'm living more and more as I get older. She's 8 years old now and starting to get a nice patina on her. I do have to note that most of my collection are classic bags because I've always wanted bags that I can carry for years and don't feel dated. I went with the 35 because I'm on the taller side and feel this size balances out my frame better.

Reactions: Strep2031
I have been doing a huge closet purge of different brands of bags and my LV. My speedy 30 I definitely kept. Even though it seems like everyone has a neverfull or speedy I kept mine. I didn’t really use my speedy much but now that I have limited myself to 5 LV bags :/ will definitely be in my rotation more often! I have always loved my speedy 30 :smile:.
In which print do you have? I just purchased the mono 30 Im worried it might look big on me. I have the ebene 30 and i love that one. But I personally think the dark shade of the ebene hides the size.

I use mine often. My mono speedy was my first. I love it and it will always have a special place in my heart. It has aged beautifully and I use and abuse it. I love a classic LV speedy. They will never be passé. Mine is like an old friend with lots of great memories of places we’ve gone and good and bad times.

I use my classic MC speedy 30 nearly daily for the past 5 years to work and after work events, alternating with the LV Melie (tote) when I need to take in my laptop. During quarantine, the MC speedy has been more useful as a grab and go bag for me. The MC speedy is heavier than the monogram speedy because it has more hardware, but it’s always been such a joy to carry. And generally I don’t like the way a neverfull looks on me - too casual.

I have a Speedy B 30 in monogram. Prior to COVID it was my go to travel bag! I usually bring another handbag too depending on where I am going. I have kept the vachetta in great condition and being the rainy season I don’t use it much right now. I plan to bring it out in the fall.

I have speedy 25 b DE , I use it pretty much ; especially on rainy days or vacations or whenever need a easy-use bag . But I like the shape of classic speedy more than bandouliere ; so I bought a mono speedy25 :heart::heart: a couple days ago. I am very happy with her . Neverful is the only bag that I will never buy from LV . It is not for me . Classic speedy is the most beautiful and elegant bag for me , but after alma of course:smile:9C79B039-4396-43B8-9751-083F7BB4E828.jpeg

I have a Speedy from 1983 that I bought in college. I just brought into LV to be cleaned up a bit so I can go back to carrying. I have not carried in probably 10 years.

UPDATE: Finally picked up my Speedy after LV having it for 5 months. She came back looking absolutely beautiful except the inside authentication tag is missing. They must have removed it when opening up the seams, I contacted LV and waiting for a reply.

UPDATE: Finally picked up my Speedy after LV having it for 5 months. She came back looking absolutely beautiful except the inside authentication tag is missing. They must have removed it when opening up the seams, I contacted LV and waiting for a reply.
I read your post says 80s speedy, do you mean that little white cloth tag? they may have given you a date code, check to see if there is a date code on the chap under pocket.

Last edited:
I read your post says 80s speedy, do you mean that little white cloth tag? they may have given you a date code, check to see if there is a date code on the chap under pocket.
The older Speedy bag does not have an inner pocket. The tag was in the seam on the inside. I purchased my bag in either 1983-1984