Anyone shop in Japan recently?

Thanks for that update! I really had hopes of finding the 5 motif guilloche bracelet but now it looks I might have better chances of winning the lottery lol. Do you remember where you saw the mop bracelet? Also, do you have a contact that you can share?

Sorry for the late reply. I cant remember where the MOP bracelet was but I know that both Tokyo and Osaka stocks are really scarce or close to zilch for 5-motif vintage Alhambra bracelet pieces. I ended up getting the yellow gold vintage alhambra necklace in Nagoya.

Thanks for that update! I really had hopes of finding the 5 motif guilloche bracelet but now it looks I might have better chances of winning the lottery lol. Do you remember where you saw the mop bracelet? Also, do you have a contact that you can share?

Sorry for the late reply. I cant remember where the MOP bracelet was but I know that both Tokyo and Osaka stocks are really scarce or close to zilch for vintage Alhambra pieces. I ended up getting the yellow gold vintage alhambra necklace in Nagoya to match with my bracelet 😆

I stopped by 3 Tokyo boutiques this week and wanted to report my findings/experience.

I was on the hunt for a 5 motif Alhambra bracelet in onyx or chalcedony and knew it was going to be difficult to get. I booked appointments for all my visits.

First boutique I visited was the Shinjuku Isetan one. The SA was nice and spoke decent English. They did not have what I wanted, but had a RG grey MOP and diamond 5 motif bracelet. There was also a decent selection for the vintage Alhambra pendants. She showed me the grey MOP and onyx pendants, which I passed on. I asked about the sweet onyx earrings but they did not have that. I actually emailed this boutique the following day to check the bracelet inventory but was told there was nothing.

Second boutique was Ginza six. This boutique was extremely busy. There were some language barriers and at first they tried to turn me away, despite me coming up and saying I had an appointment. I had to re-explain myself a couple times before they let me in. They looked for an English speaking SA and she ended up helping me. They also didn’t have what I was looking for, but after a while, the SA decided to tell me they had a YG guilloche and diamonds in stock. She told me the 5 motif bracelet availability has been very scarce, and even Japanese residents need to pre-order to get what they want. Also remember seeing the vintage pendants in a few different stones. Sweet Alhambra onyx earrings were available here but I decided to pass on those.

Last store I visited was today at the Nihonbashi Mistukoshi boutique. After the last two disappointing appointments, I was going to skip this one. By chance, I happened to be in the area so decided to just drop by. Again, there were language barrier issues and they were trying to turn me away
 again. I was a little annoyed and tried to explain I’m here for my scheduled appointment. They kept saying no reservations and I wasn’t allowed in. So I started walking away but I was quite annoyed and didn’t think it was right that I scheduled an appointment and they wouldn’t let me in?! So I pull up my confirmation email (which was in Japanese) and show it to them. They immediately apologize and get me seated right away. This store was a lot quieter and the SA there knew limited English. She told me they didn’t have what I was looking for (as I expected). I asked if they had any 5 motif bracelets at all and she said no but they have some of the sweet one motif ones. I was thinking I’ll walk away empty handed because it seemed like they had nothing. But since it took so much work just to get in, I didn’t want to leave right away and decided to waste the SAs time. I just kept asking her “do you have _____?” and most of the answers to that was “no”. I was about to walk out. Somehow she ends up telling me she does have a WG guilloche 5 motif bracelet. Not exactly what I wanted
 but I asked to try it so she brought it out for me and also offered me water. Btw this was the only boutique that ever gave me water. I ended up buying this one and yes it was quite a bit cheaper than buying in my home country (US).

My first VCA piece was a YG MOP pendant purchased last October in Osaka. I went without an appointment and I had a much more pleasant experience there. I’m sure it’s because the Tokyo boutiques are much busier and they simply don’t have the capacity to give you the best service. So I recommend going outside of Tokyo if possible, but don’t rule it out. If you want something, be persistent. Good luck!

I stopped by 3 Tokyo boutiques this week and wanted to report my findings/experience.

I was on the hunt for a 5 motif Alhambra bracelet in onyx or chalcedony and knew it was going to be difficult to get. I booked appointments for all my visits.

First boutique I visited was the Shinjuku Isetan one. The SA was nice and spoke decent English. They did not have what I wanted, but had a RG grey MOP and diamond 5 motif bracelet. There was also a decent selection for the vintage Alhambra pendants. She showed me the grey MOP and onyx pendants, which I passed on. I asked about the sweet onyx earrings but they did not have that. I actually emailed this boutique the following day to check the bracelet inventory but was told there was nothing.

Second boutique was Ginza six. This boutique was extremely busy. There were some language barriers and at first they tried to turn me away, despite me coming up and saying I had an appointment. I had to re-explain myself a couple times before they let me in. They looked for an English speaking SA and she ended up helping me. They also didn’t have what I was looking for, but after a while, the SA decided to tell me they had a YG guilloche and diamonds in stock. She told me the 5 motif bracelet availability has been very scarce, and even Japanese residents need to pre-order to get what they want. Also remember seeing the vintage pendants in a few different stones. Sweet Alhambra onyx earrings were available here but I decided to pass on those.

Last store I visited was today at the Nihonbashi Mistukoshi boutique. After the last two disappointing appointments, I was going to skip this one. By chance, I happened to be in the area so decided to just drop by. Again, there were language barrier issues and they were trying to turn me away
 again. I was a little annoyed and tried to explain I’m here for my scheduled appointment. They kept saying no reservations and I wasn’t allowed in. So I started walking away but I was quite annoyed and didn’t think it was right that I scheduled an appointment and they wouldn’t let me in?! So I pull up my confirmation email (which was in Japanese) and show it to them. They immediately apologize and get me seated right away. This store was a lot quieter and the SA there knew limited English. She told me they didn’t have what I was looking for (as I expected). I asked if they had any 5 motif bracelets at all and she said no but they have some of the sweet one motif ones. I was thinking I’ll walk away empty handed because it seemed like they had nothing. But since it took so much work just to get in, I didn’t want to leave right away and decided to waste the SAs time. I just kept asking her “do you have _____?” and most of the answers to that was “no”. I was about to walk out. Somehow she ends up telling me she does have a WG guilloche 5 motif bracelet. Not exactly what I wanted
 but I asked to try it so she brought it out for me and also offered me water. Btw this was the only boutique that ever gave me water. I ended up buying this one and yes it was quite a bit cheaper than buying in my home country (US).

My first VCA piece was a YG MOP pendant purchased last October in Osaka. I went without an appointment and I had a much more pleasant experience there. I’m sure it’s because the Tokyo boutiques are much busier and they simply don’t have the capacity to give you the best service. So I recommend going outside of Tokyo if possible, but don’t rule it out. If you want something, be persistent. Good luck!
Congrats on getting the WG guilloche 5 motif bracelet! Is it about a 8% vat refund? I’m going to Tokyo in April and will be looking for VA earrings. I don’t have high expectations but will still try my luck anyway. Thanks for your update!

Congrats on getting the WG guilloche 5 motif bracelet! Is it about a 8% vat refund? I’m going to Tokyo in April and will be looking for VA earrings. I don’t have high expectations but will still try my luck anyway. Thanks for your update!
Ty! Yes, it was around 8% tax refund. I saw a few VA earrings available with limited selection and colors. I’m sure stock changes quickly but hope you can find what you’re looking for!

Reactions: molmol4317
@hotdog420
Thank you so much for the thorough update. 2 of those Tokyo stores I have booked for my trip end of this month. It gives me an idea of what to expect especially in terms of crowd n experience. Sounds like a challenge n not so pleasant experience comparing it to home country. I'm also going to Osaka n Kyoto n booked appt in one of each. I am looking to buy my 1st VCA, a 5 motif Alhambra bracelet, YG Guilloche or Carnelian or Onyx. I'm going with an open mind. Congrats on snapping the WG Guilloche✚ I hope I can get as lucky as you aređŸ™đŸ€žđŸ€. Thanks again I appreciate it. Enjoy your new beauty!

Went to the Ginza Maison today with an appt for the 5 motif chalcedony bracelet and they didn’t have any. They said it was scarce all over Japan and is order only. They had a few pendants (mop and onyx). A few sweet pendants too. Had the most stock in earrings.

Went to another location across the street and also didn’t have any 5 motifs but had some pendants.

• Sad
Reactions: molmol4317
I was looking for the sweet Alhambra white gold diamond earrings. Visited the VCA boutique in Kyoto yesterday without appointment ( I arrived when they opened at 10am) and they have 1 pair in stock. They are willing put it on hold for me to think about it for a few days. Very friendly staff overall.
When asked about availability on 5 motif bracelets, they only have the ones in diamonds ( vintage sizes). Overall prices in japan is lower then the states plus tax refund so it’s pretty good deal!

Hi all, Is it still worth visiting the Tokyo stores as I have not secured an appointment in any of the 7 stores when I am there next week?
I'm heading to Japan today :smile: but made appt to 2 Tokyo stores, Osaka & Kyoto. I'm after a 5m Bracelet but I'm not putting my hopes up . I think it's still worth visiting the stores but set no expectations & be prepared to Q up also from what I read it's not the same stores experience as what you get from your local stores.