Anyone shop in Japan recently?

I went to the VCA stores in Tokyo and they all did not have sweet hammered necklace or anything hammered. HTH

I am going to Shinjuku today so might just pop in to see. But i am guessing most probably no stocks. 😅

Btw i did see the sweet hammered rose gold bracelet in one of the boutique because the SA took it out for me to try as they were out of vintage alhambra 5-motif ones. But i did see sweet carnelian and mop necklace in 1-2 boutiques but not in Tokyo.

Last edited:
Reactions: vivilisa
I am going to Shinjuku today so might just pop in to see. But i am guessing most probably no stocks. 😅

Btw i did see the sweet hammered rose gold bracelet in one of the boutique because the SA took it out for me to try as they were out of vintage alhambra 5-motif ones. But i did see sweet carnelian and mop necklace in 1-2 boutiques but not in Tokyo.
Would appreciate any updates if you see the hammered pieces in stock.

I was there in May and the stock was so depleted because of the tourists & weak yen, so I'm not surprised it's still depleted around the holiday months. I did get offered champagne, water and chocolate though. I scheduled an appointment in advance and exchanged a few texts with the SA via WhatsApp prior to the appointment so I wonder if that make a difference.
Hi! Would you be able to share contact details of your SA? I’m visiting Japan in April hoping to score a few things

Are walk-ins allowed or do you need an appointment? Going in March !
Walk-ins are allowed but sometimes they may ask you to wait. I would highly recommend making an appointment in advance to save more time and have a better overall experience with VCA. By requesting an appointment, you can write down what items you are looking to purchase and any inquiries you have at the inquiry/description box provided when making an online appointment. When your appointment date is close, an SA will reach out to you through email to reconfirm your visit and recheck inventory for you prior to your visit. However, they are not allowed to hold any items for you in accordance with VCA Japan’s new policy. Best of luck for your VCA appointment and I hope you have a great time.

Hi! Would you be able to share contact details of your SA? I’m visiting Japan in April hoping to score a few things
When you schedule the appointment on the VCA website they'll assign a SA who speak your preferred language to reach out via WhatsApp in advance and potentially put aside a few pieces for the appointment if they happen to be in stock. The SA who assisted me was just a randomly assignment, not someone I work with regularly to help track down hard to find or popular pieces.

When you schedule the appointment on the VCA website they'll assign a SA who speak your preferred language to reach out via WhatsApp in advance and potentially put aside a few pieces for the appointment if they happen to be in stock. The SA who assisted me was just a randomly assignment, not someone I work with regularly to help track down hard to find or popular pieces.
Hi, were you able to find the items you were looking for? And, how was the overall stock? Thanks

Reactions: Kellybuzzbuzz
Hi, were you able to find the items you were looking for? And, how was the overall stock? Thanks
I've asked for a few pieces in advance and none were available at the appointment. Granted, I was there in April, considering the weak yen and lots of tourists flooded there for the cherry blossoms, the stock was severely depleted. However, the SA was able to help me track down a pair of the VA malachite earrings that I asked for a day before I leave Japan, but I passed on them as I wasn't crazy about the pattern of the particular pair.

Reactions: abunks
In Tokyo now. Leaving on Saturday. Was in Osaka, Kobe, Nagoya, Kyoto, Yokohama but no stock for any vintage alhambra 5-motif bracelets except for one store with MOP or diamond ones. Managed to score a yellow gold guilloche necklace but i had wanted to get the 5-motif onyx bracelet too. I probably visited at least 10 stores in total. 😅

Service not exactly great too. No drinks were offered at all though i got an alhambra catalogue? Its so different from buying in Singapore whereby i got champagne and chocolates and drinks.
Thanks for that update! I really had hopes of finding the 5 motif guilloche bracelet but now it looks I might have better chances of winning the lottery lol. Do you remember where you saw the mop bracelet? Also, do you have a contact that you can share?

Stopped by all 3 Ginza locations yesterday looking for either a basic 5-motif Vintage Alhambra or 6-motif Sweet Alhambra bracelet. Ginza Maison showed me the rose gold diamond 5-motif Vintage Alhambra, Ginza Six offered a Lucky Spring 5-motif rose gold with carnelian, mother of Pearl, and onyx.

Basically was told that there were none of the basic vintage Alhambras as they were sold out in Japan currently.