Anyone like the Massai?

I'm poking around for a Massai Cut 32, I assume they no longer make them. This morning I went into H Madison Avenue and 2 SAs had never even heard of the Massai and couldn't have been less helpful!

I've searched the forums and seen a few pics but most people seem to have the non-cut version. Anyone have some photos or a modeling shot they could share? How long is the cross body strap? Any help is much appreciated! I know there's far more knowledge here that at the Hermes flagship NY store...

I love my Massai cut. It is etoupe and I travel with it a lot due to the interchangeable straps for cross body or,shoulder wear. Plus it is lighter than an Evi. I will post some photos a bit later today. A terrific bag and you can likely find on reseller or eBay possibly, but have it authenticated because this style bag has had knockoffs.

Thank you Lanit! Would LOVE to see pics, I'm 5'7" and trying to figure out if it would work cross body. I have 2 Evelynes that I use all the time but I would like a lighter, sleeker option

I'm poking around for a Massai Cut 32, I assume they no longer make them. This morning I went into H Madison Avenue and 2 SAs had never even heard of the Massai and couldn't have been less helpful!

I've searched the forums and seen a few pics but most people seem to have the non-cut version. Anyone have some photos or a modeling shot they could share? How long is the cross body strap? Any help is much appreciated! I know there's far more knowledge here that at the Hermes flagship NY store...
Take a look at my thread I started a few years ago when I got my Massai cut. There are mod photos etc.
http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/...r-k-and-a-happy-ending-for-2-h-lovers.756026/

Here we go dear. I am 5'5 average build and it has adjustable straps so no problem on your height. My DD is 5'8 and she can rock this bag though it is not her style (yet), fortunately for me. She prefers the Evi for its casual look and has an indigo barenia. I am wearing it with the shorter strap and normally prefer this option unless I am traveling or have meetings in the field when needing hands free tasks.

I wish H would make it again. I would love one in swift or evercolor in a bright neutral. I would love another one in Electric Blue.
IMG_6885.jpg
IMG_6881.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ForeverInPink

I have the regular not Cut Massai in black clemence and it's one of my favorite things I've ever bought. Indestructible, chic, under the radar and holds a ton. I bought mine from an European consignment shop online, had it authenticated before purchase and it was on the trusted seller list. It didn't come with the cross body but because it's so long, I think that it's fine on the shoulder. Someone from H corporate saw it on me recently and we talked about how a bag in this style would do very well these days, with the cross body/hobo options coming back in. It's only downside is that its a bit of a bottomless pit and I'm always scrabbling around for things but in terms of a travel bag, it's my safest option because if I can't find my wallet in it-a pickpocket definitely won't :cool:

Reactions: ksuromax