Antique Peranakan Jewellery

Hi all, I am new to this forum! Ooh didn't know there are so many peranakan jewellery lovers like me out there!!! ;)I just bought a very very nice set of kerosang during my vacation in malacca! I have attached the picture. The intan are all very clean and the workmanship is very exquisite! I simply love it! Do you think so?
Just to share with everyone, the place i bought the kerosang is a traditional goldsmith shop (like those in chinatown),located just opposite the hotel I am staying (hotel hallmark inn)! The shop was filled with antique Peranakan jewelries. How I wish I can buy every piece of art there!
Perlin,
when i see this type of jewelry, i do feel the same, i wish i can own all of them! haha they are just so beautiful and irresistible!
when i hv time, i will take photos of them, admire them again and again...
and when i miss to get a nice piece, i will feel so lost for some times!
so i will work extra hard in order to afford to buy more..

I was just on google trying to find a photo of kerasong jewelry to e-mail to a friend who lives in N.Y. when I accidentally came upon this thread. Although I'm a purse forum member, I never check the jewelry section. But, I'm really glad that I accidentally came across this thread. I don't have time to read the whole thread now, but will read it later.

I just finished ironing my handmade kebaya and silk, tulis batik sarong. I'll be wearing it to the Sade concert tonight. I absolutely love Nonya clothing. I flew to Singapore, a few years ago, to have my kebaya hand made. I had already bought the sarong a year or two prior at Aljunied on Arab Street. They have an excellent selection of Indonesian, silk, tulis, batik sarongs. They only get in a very small quantity per year as they have them special made in a village in Indonesia.

My kebaya took months to have made and then it was flown to me. I bought my kebaya kerasong jewelry at Naga Antiques in the Tanglin Centre in Singapore. It's the small antique mall that houses antique stores. I think it's the oldest mall in Singapore. I shop a lot at that mall. It's around the corner from the high-numbered end of Orchard Road. The Shanghai Tang store was/is right behind Tanglin Centre. I don't remember if that Shanghai Tang store still exists or not.

I just stumbled into this forum and am glad to meet all of you here.

I am a peranakan from Malacca. In May i was robbed and lost a beautiful intan earring. Was in Malacca yesterday and spotted some interesting bracelet and earrings in Jonker Walk. They are expensive. During my last trip where i lost my earring, i bought a lovely 'kana' ring from a goldsmith shop. Was like a trade off ! bought one and lost one!!!! So sad.

Oh..mum passed down a set of kerongsang so beautiful that we dare not use instead it's been lying in the safe.

found a place to do my kebaya. Next trip going to chose the pattern. kept the material for more than 10 years and workmanship has gone up many folds.

I have a pair of nyonya beaded shoe with manik patong - original. Redo the sole and cost me 240.00 pure leather. Haven't worn it yet.

are you peranakan from singapore or malacca or penang?

Hi Musician

You can find peranakan jewelleries in Melaka. those in Jonker Walk are expensive. The smaller goldsmith shops at the lorong and backlanes are cheaper.

Few months ago, me and my friend bought some lovely pieces.

babaruby

go to "go advanced" and click on the paper clip icon and you can browse your files and attach from there

Hi all, I am new to this forum! Ooh didn't know there are so many peranakan jewellery lovers like me out there!!! ;)I just bought a very very nice set of kerosang during my vacation in malacca! I have attached the picture. The intan are all very clean and the workmanship is very exquisite! I simply love it! Do you think so?
Just to share with everyone, the place i bought the kerosang is a traditional goldsmith shop (like those in chinatown),located just opposite the hotel I am staying (hotel hallmark inn)! The shop was filled with antique Peranakan jewelries. How I wish I can buy every piece of art there!

is this an old piece or replica?