Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

:graucho: You are all very curious islanders. :smile:
The brand is called Rural Kind. They make bags that I would call "adventure bags". Hard wearing materials like thick vegetable tanned leather for straps and coated canvas for the bags. My bag is not on their website as it is a collaboration with an online shop from the UK that sells "organic" stuff of different kinds. My bag is an all leather bag.

Reactions: Mariapia and vink
I never wore/wear any of my Docs without socks. I even wear the more elegant one with nylons. The sandals are the only ones I wear barefooted.

It seems like you need shoes with soft leather. So, I would check the leathers of your Docs in question. If it is very stiff I would not take them. There is no use in owning shoes that hurt you.

I am (although it does not seem so) minimal in the shoe department, too. Most of my docs date from 1998-2010. I visit the store regularly, but I am not tempted to buy.

I hate stuff that falls apart quickly. I do not want to buy new shoes (and clothes and other things) every year and produce a huge mountain of junk just because the companies want to sell their stuff. :sad:

Thank you very much for your suggestions! I'll see if I can handle the leather. (I think it maybe quite stuff based on the type of the shoes, but I really like that shade of red and I adore that thick rubber soles. [emoji28])

I don't like stuff that falls apart after only a short time, too. I still remember that I can wear many of my clothes right from junior high to undergrad and they'd still be fine. I can't change much on how the industry is heading so my only solution is to stock up when I find things that I like. But it works horrible on my clutter home and life. I'm trying to make peace with that all now. Sometimes, old favorites may have to go, or there's no place for experiments anymore. (Arg! Life starts to get boring!) But I can only keep too many stuff and my wallet has its own limit. [emoji28]

Reactions: Ludmilla
Making decisions is always difficult for me...:blush:
Even more so when it comes to bags. :panic:
Am I the only one?;)

No. You're not. [emoji6]

Which one do you like more? I love the look of the hammock, but I doubt its practicality. I don't like the look of the Ricky at all, but I know it'll do the job.

What do you think?

The brand is called Rural Kind. They make bags that I would call "adventure bags". Hard wearing materials like thick vegetable tanned leather for straps and coated canvas for the bags. My bag is not on their website as it is a collaboration with an online shop from the UK that sells "organic" stuff of different kinds. My bag is an all leather bag.

That's the kind of stuff I like! I have super soft spot for canvas bags! I need to see it when you get it, please..... [emoji4]

Hehehe. I am a very bad girl. I am doing a bit of a cliffhanger.... ;)
It is not a well known brand. :smile:
When will you receive it, Ludmilla?:smile:

Thank you very much for your suggestions! I'll see if I can handle the leather. (I think it maybe quite stuff based on the type of the shoes, but I really like that shade of red and I adore that thick rubber soles. [emoji28])

I don't like stuff that falls apart after only a short time, too. I still remember that I can wear many of my clothes right from junior high to undergrad and they'd still be fine. I can't change much on how the industry is heading so my only solution is to stock up when I find things that I like. But it works horrible on my clutter home and life. I'm trying to make peace with that all now. Sometimes, old favorites may have to go, or there's no place for experiments anymore. (Arg! Life starts to get boring!) But I can only keep too many stuff and my wallet has its own limit. [emoji28]
I am stocking up things I like, too. And I am trying to buy new clothes only when something old cannot be worn anymore. As I am not a huge fan of buying clothes this works quite well. It also works with shoes. It is hard not to clutter the house with books and bags, though. :biggrin:
I got a full leather bag. If I like it there will be a coated canvas bag in my life, too. ;)

Reactions: Mariapia and vink
I am stocking up things I like, too. And I am trying to buy new clothes only when something old cannot be worn anymore. As I am not a huge fan of buying clothes this works quite well. It also works with shoes. It is hard not to clutter the house with books and bags, though. :biggrin:
I got a full leather bag. If I like it there will be a coated canvas bag in my life, too. ;)

Good for you! I have all your problem, plus the clothes! I like clothes shopping. [emoji28] Now, I try to limit myself to once a month and I keep track of what I buy just to cut down on the amount. I know what I have in my closet, but like I said, the hoarding mentality always works wonder on me unconsciously.

Can't wait to see your bag! [emoji4]

Reactions: Mariapia
Good for you! I have all your problem, plus the clothes! I like clothes shopping. [emoji28] Now, I try to limit myself to once a month and I keep track of what I buy just to cut down on the amount. I know what I have in my closet, but like I said, the hoarding mentality always works wonder on me unconsciously.

Can't wait to see your bag! [emoji4]
I am such a hoarder. I cannot give things away as long as they are not ruined. My brain always says: "it might come in handy one day." And as soon as I am ready to give sonething away my mother chimes in saying: "oh, but it still looks like new!" :P
Hehehe. I am VERY curious about the new bag, too. Good thing: I give another bag away for this one. ;)
She looks comfy and I actually like the patina on her. It shows she's been loved and is a great companion.

Thank you. :smile: This one is one of the "to-go-to" bags. :smile:
I am always a bit on the fence with the patina on that one. There is some colour transfer on the back I do not like.

Reactions: vink
I am such a hoarder. I cannot give things away as long as they are not ruined. My brain always says: "it might come in handy one day." And as soon as I am ready to give sonething away my mother chimes in saying: "oh, but it still looks like new!" :P
Hehehe. I am VERY curious about the new bag, too. Good thing: I give another bag away for this one. ;)

I am always a bit on the fence with the patina on that one. There is some colour transfer on the back I do not like.

Gently run the color with a white eraser. Will lighten it up. Follow with leather conditioner.

Reactions: vink

Don't worry about colour transfer, Ludmilla. It's unavoidable. I had some on my Minelli( same colour as your Bree) and though it had been there for quite a while, I cleaned the bag with Nivea baby milk and it disappeared. :smile:
Your new bag has already shipped? Wonderful! We are all waiting for a reveal!:yahoo:

Reactions: vink and Murphy47