Age you lost your virginity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wore red at my wedding...no joke. :biggrin:

Deserve to wear white? :blink: Funny concept - every woman deserves to wear whatever she wants on her wedding day, regardless if she has had sex with one, none, or one hundred.

Last I checked life was about experimentation and exploration.

amanda said:
your wedding night is special because it's the first night you spend as man and wife, not because you have sex.

every time i have sex with my boyfriend is beautiful and special because we love each other, not because it's the first time we ever did it.

Excellent points that deserved to be reposted.

I'm following Swankys example, I plead the 5th ;]

I know this is totally off-topic, but I've found that a disproportionate number of women who wait until marraige to have sex (religious and non-religious) do not enjoy sex and most of them have never reached orgasm, either due to shame or more commonly, inexperience. Additionally, couples that are super-religious and were both virgins before marriage, tend to have the most problems regarding sexual function. Sadly, sex sometimes becomes non-existent in their relationship, or viewed as a means of procreating only. Of course, the opposite is sometimes true, but rarely.

This is a tally that I've kept after having worked in several primary care clinics. During history taking, we ask questions regarding intercourse of all women, all ages. It is not my opinion.

Take from this what you will, but waiting may not always be the answer to sexual or emotional fulfillment.

Wow, good for you guys! I was 21, but that was a l-o-n-g time ago, and I now have kids that old. I was despairing that anybody ever waited much past puberty anymore. You give me a lot of hope that maybe people still think that this is serious stuff.

lol - great topic:lol: :nuts:

I was 18 and he was supposed to have split from his wife...(YEAH RIGHT) Lying tu*d.... :huh: :evil:
So...no, i'm definitely not still with him:lol:

I'm 28 now and am engaged with a 3 year old son..it took me quite a few men to find the right one!:wacko: :weird: :P

And, i used to be religious too, i won't go into too much detail, but i grew up as a Jehovah's Witness, where sex before marriage was (and still is) considered to be immoral.
(Never understood that myself, sex is for pro-creating??)
I appreciate we enjoy it too, maybe that's why the JW's want to stop it - they don't want the earth to be over populated?!:weird:

And as for the test driving a car - i agree!!! LOL:lol:

clanalois said:
I know this is totally off-topic, but I've found that a disproportionate number of women who wait until marraige to have sex (religious and non-religious) do not enjoy sex and most of them have never reached orgasm, either due to shame or more commonly, inexperience. Additionally, couples that are super-religious and were both virgins before marriage, tend to have the most problems regarding sexual function. Sadly, sex sometimes becomes non-existent in their relationship, or viewed as a means of procreating only. Of course, the opposite is sometimes true, but rarely.

This is a tally that I've kept after having worked in several primary care clinics. During history taking, we ask questions regarding intercourse of all women, all ages. It is not my opinion.

Take from this what you will, but waiting may not always be the answer to sexual or emotional fulfillment.

I have many religious friends and they are very experimental in their marriages.. Some things that even make me blush, and I'm Swedish!! LOL So I'm just saying that it doesn't have to be like that.. I think a lot of religious couples find a lot of fulfillment in their sex life, regardless if they decide to wait or not.

I'm not very religious and I'm not a virgin. I was quite young and no I'm NOT with that guy anymore :blink:

northernbelle33 said:
*sigh*
I think it's sad that people can assume that since a person is in a relationship, they're no longer a virgin, and that it's usually true.
I'm waiting for marriage, and could never imagine giving my virginity (virginity shouldn't be something you lose, it should be something you give) to someone I'm in love with "at the time." I'd be heartbroken if I ended up breaking up with the person I gave it to. I know that marriage isn't a guarantee that you'll stay together, but it's far more solid than a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.
Also, if you have already had sex, the wedding night won't be as special. You would be doing something you have done before.
I don't feel this way because of my religion (don't go to church, have issues with a lot of the rules of my religion, etc). I just feel that waiting is the right thing to do. I want to deserve to wear that white dress.
In short, I'm a virgin, waiting for marriage.
~Tracey

same with me I couldn't have written it better

All this talk of sex & waiting until marriage reminds me of the episodes of Sex & the City where Charlotte decides not to have sex with Trey before marriage only to discover he can't get it up:shame: . What an unpleasant surprise that must be.

Having sex before marriage is a choice. That doesn't make it good or bad or right or wrong. It doesn't mean you can't wear white on your wedding day or that your wedding night won't be as special. As others have said it's the fact that its your first night as husband & wife that makes it special, not the fact that you're finally getting it on. Besides, isn't it something like 70% of couples don't have sex on their wedding night because they're too exhaused from all the running around at the wedding?

jillybean307 said:
Besides, isn't it something like 70% of couples don't have sex on their wedding night because they're too exhaused from all the running around at the wedding?

That sure rings true....and yes, i agree, it's the being together that's the special part, whether you have a ring on your finger or not.
It all comes down to personal choice - if you feel it's right to wait, then good on you, if you can't wait to jump and roll around in the hay, then good on you too!:P

My sister and her husband divorced (they married as JW's) because they found they were totally incompatible in the bedroom after getting married, they'd waited for so long to 'get down to it' and when they did, it was such a disappointment....sometimes these things just don't work the way we want them to.......IMO i think it comes back to that old test-drive-a-car theory:lol:

I was on my first year of medical school (when we learn about physiology of reproduction) and since medicine is learned especially on the bedside and you have to SEE first......:biggrin: I was 20

Status
Not open for further replies.