A little dissapointed but still look what arrived today...

Hi CatCat!
The bag looks beautiful... looks pretty smooth in the pics - and I think in general the leather of the fall season is thicker and maybe a bit harder than the previous seasons. I bet it will soften up with use - and age beautifully. It's not really a light color though - which may be a good compromise for you, wanting a lighter color but having kids and not being able to have a very light one.
I'd say live with it for a bit and see how you feel. I always stuff the bag with my stuff and parade around my apartment, trying it with different outfits (TMI?). This helps me figure out whether the bag feels like "me."
Try the hand massage, but hold off on products if you think you'll return it. I think the 50 Euros for return is better than the cost of keeping a bag that you are less than crazy about, you know?

I definitely recognize it as the Fall '06 camel ... but it does look like this is one that is on the darker end of the spectrum of variations that naturally occur with these bags. Also, the pics I posted were from Bal NY and I do not think they reflected the true color very well - they definitely photographed lighter than the true color looked when I saw it IRL.

I think your bag looks BEAUTIFUL, btw ... one of the nicest camels I've seen! :smile: BTW, BalNY calls this color "Butterscotch," and yours definitely reminds me of yummy butterscotch ... :smile:

Yes, I don't understand what's up with the guy who names the colors at Balenciaga. Butterscotch would have been perfect.
I mean, didn't they ever see what a camel looks like IRL :roflmfao: ?

Hi Cat- Congrats on your Camel bag :yahoo:but i am sorry that you were dissapointed.:sad: It looks little darker than the Fall one, do you think it might be the flash from your Camera? The one from the Spring 06 is darker but the one from Fall 06 is lighter (called Butterscotch). It is gorgeous though and i agree with every one if you start using it will get better but if you are not happy with it you should return it.:heart:

I understand the kind of let down you may feel if you were looking forward to something slightly different. But from my side its absolutely georgeous!! Looks like a huge piece of caramel candy!

I think your request to the SA asked for many things. Possibly there just wasn't a bag with all the requirements you wanted. The leather is definitely thick and not veiny and not shiny. It is difficult for most new bags to be slouchy, but that would come with age and use. It is definitely the FW06 camel – I have seen this exact same shade just a couple of days ago in my local boutique. However, I also saw bags that were much lighter than this in Selfridges several weeks ago. I think there is a large variation, and one of the things you did not state was for a light-coloured bag. When I bought my grenat from Aloha Rag, my only requirement was that it looked more red than bordeaux, and that was exactly what I got.

If you don't love it, send it back and ask for a different one in exchange. You will have to prioritize what exactly is the most important requirement for you and just ask them for that. Bear in mind, though, they still may not have your colour in their stock, so again, it would be a risk. But perhaps you could ask them to email you photos first for you to choose.

Catcat do you mind if i ask you how much was the total inc. shipping? i am in Sweden and i want to order one as well from LVR, did you pay customs charges??

The bag looks pretty!! It's amazing how different the leather and color look from bag to bag though. It makes the bbags very fun and interesting while at the same time making it hard to buy a bag sight unseen.