A little dissapointed but still look what arrived today...

Catcat do you mind if i ask you how much was the total inc. shipping? i am in Sweden and i want to order one as well from LVR, did you pay customs charges??

First of all thanks everyone for your nice comments it's true that this darker shade is probably more apprpriate for a mum with a little one :yes: and it does start growing on me it was just a shock at first because I imagined a much lighter bag not knowing that there were so big diffrences in the same color. That also helps me to understand why a lot of us were so confused about the camel ss and fall thing.

lovelv the bag was 945 euros shipping for europe is 30 euros for orders under 1000 euros. Above it it's free, they ship fedex and there are no customs for countrys in the EU.

catcat... that's a lovely bag!
i know how you must've felt... i also were disappointed when i first purchased my new b bag from store. i was more excited when i go my used b bags...
but after using it for some times, it gets more and more pretty.

Hey catcat, I really love you bag! As far as the texture is concerned, this bag will soften up so much after a few days of use. What's funny is, my camel bag was pretty stiff and then after using it for about 3-4 days and stuffing it full of stuff, it became super slouchy. But my black bag (same season) was already slouchy when I bought it. So remember, maybe your bag just needs to be broken in a bit.

But I agree, if you're not happy, 50 euros is a small price to pay compared to 900+ euros!

Maybe it's the lighting but it looks a lot darker the one that I got. It looks more like the spring 06. Here is a picture of mine. It could just be the lighting, but mine looks different. I think it's a beautiful color. I like the darker color.

Attachments

• pic009v2.jpg
    pic009v2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 40
  • pic010v2.jpg
    pic010v2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 32
  • pic011v2.jpg
    pic011v2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 32
Catcat,
Maybe you had this reaction of disappointment because you've never seen this colour in real...so maybe it's just a reaction of surprise !!!!
Sometimes it takes time to love a colour : first time I saw ink I did'nt like it...and now (5 monthes later) I have 2 ink bags....

I'm not a Camel F06 girl ...but I think your bag is really gorgeous !!!
The leather looks great and I'm sure it will be better with use !!!!

It's beautiful CatCat! Maybe it will grow on you some more with time? My Cornflower is the most "veiniest" of all my Bbags but I like it, kind of different and it gives it some character. Good luck with your decision!

I agree babyclouds. I don't like that fact that my caramel has almost no veins. I think it is too smooth and it's one of my least favorites. I think some veins add to the character an look of the bag. I would have rather had it darker too.
Catcat, I think it's really pretty and you should keep it. The leather looks nice and I think your color is gorgeous.:yes:

cat:
Since you had never seen the color in person, I think it is a normal reaction to be a bit surprised. There seem to be so many variations in the "camel/caramel" tone. Like they said above, even within each season's colors, there are variations and then add that to the variations possible in the thickness, dryness, and veinyness of leather, I think it is unpredictable unless you see it IRL.

I got my camel day and I have to admit at first, I wasn't 100% crazy about the leather (a little more veiny than I wanted) but it has really grown on me and I found that the softness of the leather was more of a priority for me. I think you should carry it around for awhile. But if it is the color you don't like vs. the leather, you should consider a return. All bbags deserve your unequivocal love! :smile:

I agree babyclouds. I don't like that fact that my caramel has almost no veins. I think it is too smooth and it's one of my least favorites. I think some veins add to the character an look of the bag. I would have rather had it darker too.
Catcat, I think it's really pretty and you should keep it. The leather looks nice and I think your color is gorgeous.:yes:

Thanks for posting your pics and actually I agree I need some veins and a little of the distressed look if not I think it's boring.
And having slept over it : I love the color it's much warmer thus more easily to wear during winter.
I will just have to get a lighter bag for spring :P

pursemania I hope to see pics of your day; The only thing that bothers me now is that it's NOT soft at all kind of dry but since the leather is rather thick I will go for the massage thing and then condition it with apple. I havn't ordered LMB stuff yet but will do so. But I want to soften the leather without changing the texture I don't know if that makes sens.

Can you use apple to condition and then use the shine restore of LMB or do those products don't go together?