A great surprise after an awful day.

step 1: some time while he's out gather together the biggest bunch of stuff you might need to carry around -- i mean all of it: sunglasses, extra sweater (fisherman knit -- not fine cashmere), magazines, portfolio, laptop (don't forget the cables and the disc drive), address book, ipod . . .

step 2: buy a good bottle of wine or whatever he likes to drink

step 3: take it all out to the coffee table -- fill up the birkin with what you can and leave the rest on the side, with the open bottle and glasses.

step 4: when he comes home you say "sweetie, can you come here for a minute?" and then you hand him the glass of wine and explain how it's such a wonderful bag and you love the idea of having a gift from him that you carry with you . . . BUT you'd be able to get more use out of it if it were big enough to fit the laptop etc. -- so you can use it on those days, too. and what would he think about seeing what larger sizes might work? but since it was a present from him, you want to go to the shop together to talk to the SA about size options and then take him to lunch.

step 5: say 'thank you' with appropriate enthusiasm.

step 1: some time while he's out gather together the biggest bunch of stuff you might need to carry around -- i mean all of it: sunglasses, extra sweater (fisherman knit -- not fine cashmere), magazines, portfolio, laptop (don't forget the cables and the disc drive), address book, ipod . . .

step 2: buy a good bottle of wine or whatever he likes to drink

step 3: take it all out to the coffee table -- fill up the birkin with what you can and leave the rest on the side, with the open bottle and glasses.

step 4: when he comes home you say "sweetie, can you come here for a minute?" and then you hand him the glass of wine and explain how it's such a wonderful bag and you love the idea of having a gift from him that you carry with you . . . BUT you'd be able to get more use out of it if it were big enough to fit the laptop etc. -- so you can use it on those days, too. and what would he think about seeing what larger sizes might work? but since it was a present from him, you want to go to the shop together to talk to the SA about size options and then take him to lunch.

step 5: say 'thank you' with appropriate enthusiasm.

:woohoo:

Agree with kellybag too, Eric - Make sure you look after things at home. Many of us can only dream of having a BH that would do this!

Everyone is RIGHT. Have spoken to H. Am having it returned. The POSLAJU(malaysian inequivalent version of FedEx) man has been called and the Birkin is going in a couple of hours.

BH understands totally. I placed it this morning strategically next to my 40cm Birkin and blig black Garden Party. He looked at it and exclaimed, "$h1T! It's tiny. I got you the wrong bag, didn't I?"..........

I almost swallowed my toothbrush! I told him that it was alright and that while I may not use it all that often, I loved it because it was from him......heheh.

That's when he 'suggested' that I should trade it in for a bigger one. I got on the phone with the H-store the moment I heard him start the car! LOL.

Thank you all so so much. I am so pleased that the solution presented itself and that I did not have to play games. I am rather indebted to all of you girls and guys here. Ideas need to be bounced off of others wo understand H.

I think its good! its hard because he picked it out for you...but when this type of money is involved....you should get what is right for you.

like when my husband picked out my wedding ring...I was like...um no....try again. its always just best to pick things out yourself when its that much money involed!

Everyone is RIGHT. Have spoken to H. Am having it returned. The POSLAJU(malaysian inequivalent version of FedEx) man has been called and the Birkin is going in a couple of hours.

BH understands totally. I placed it this morning strategically next to my 40cm Birkin and blig black Garden Party. He looked at it and exclaimed, "$h1T! It's tiny. I got you the wrong bag, didn't I?"..........

I almost swallowed my toothbrush! I told him that it was alright and that while I may not use it all that often, I loved it because it was from him......heheh.

That's when he 'suggested' that I should trade it in for a bigger one. I got on the phone with the H-store the moment I heard him start the car! LOL.

Thank you all so so much. I am so pleased that the solution presented itself and that I did not have to play games. I am rather indebted to all of you girls and guys here. Ideas need to be bounced off of others wo understand H.

SO HAPPY FOR YOU THAT EVERYTHING WORKED OUT!! What a GREAT HAPPY ENDING!! YOUR BH is "WONDERFUL"!!:yahoo:

Ack, Eric--so late to the party, but I had a great time reading through your dilemma! I'm so glad it all worked out, and what an amazing BH to surprise you like that! Hope the bag you want comes through soon.

Dear Mr. Eric:

Just read the WHOLE thread and I am SO HAPPY for you that NOT just you didn't need to lie but your BH is SO SENSITIVE that he noticed things arounds you enough to know that there is a 'mistake' in the size of the present he bought!!! It is NOT ease for anyone to admit their mistake and correct it IMMEDIATELY by asking you to exchange it.

I am sure lots of thoughts and time were spent by him to get you this SUPRISED gift but he really LOVE you enough to say 'get the right one'!!!

HONESTY is a virture and I am just wondering, is he a sagi too?!

HAPPY EASTER and pls. do keep us posted on your trip to Paris?!
Morgan

<<<BH understands totally. I placed it this morning strategically next to my 40cm Birkin and blig black Garden Party. He looked at it and exclaimed, "$h1T! It's tiny. I got you the wrong bag, didn't I?"..........>>>

I love him!!! So glad this worked out, and so excited about your upcoming parisian adventure!