A great surprise after an awful day.

How about a variation on allaboutnice's suggestion: buy an Hermes tie for BH with the money you get from selling it on eBay to sooth any ruffled feathers. You want the 50cm from Paris, so a credit at the local Hermes won't help to pay for the bag you really want. And if you go to Paris with your BH, he might spring for the 50cm, too, so you could keep your eBay gains or even buy a Birkin for your mother.

All About Nice....thank you, thank you and for greater effect, THANK YOU.

That's exactly what I plan to do about it. Will call the H-Store tomorrow.......in Paris!

That 50cm Birkin is getting closer. I can smell that bleu indigo fjord.

HAHAHA i love this story! If the birkin isn't for you...go get store credit and put it towards something else that you will LOVE.

I wish I had a bf like that who wanted to buy me H! Sugar-daddies here i come!!! hahaah, just kidding.

Aw, I always have this problem. I now present my SO with a list of items for holidays - down to color, size, store it may be found at to prevent returns, still he manages to come up with surprises that are sometimes a little off, like a wallet from a designer I like in an odd size. Sigh. Some men just can't follow instructions! I think its no problem to say what you want. The Ebay plan sounds best because of the savings in Paris. I agree that you need a bigger bag and on in the color/leather that you want. But anyways, what a amazing gift!

Oh Eric!!! First, congratulations on such a sweet gift! I give him credit for trying, but totally understand your predicament. I hope that you were able to exchange it and use the credit towards your 50cm birkin, or perhaps another birkin that caught your eye and heart while returning this beauty? In either event, I hope you find what you are looking for- as in the end, I am sure that all BH wants is for you to be happy! Please keep us posted!

ERIC LMAO!!!!! I love this story!!!!!

Well, he tried and I agree that a 35cm is waayyy too small for you (and I love that pic of you smoking and looking totally frustrated!!!) but I give him kuddos for trying!

I think it's a return for store credit and I like the idea of buying a little something for your BH in thanks.....