A bone to pick with LV...

Good point, likeafeather77! Yes, it is difficult to access. I can only really smell it if the bag is near me. I can't smell it in the room it's in or anything.

My Speedy does not sag, because I carry around so much stuff. But I totally get your point, I do not like the saggy look.

I had no idea the Mandarin smelled; it's a shame, that is the only Epi color that appeals to me.

I think the Speedy was meant to sag. I could not imagine adding the extra weight of a magazine to the bottom to keep it square shapped. It also seems like something in the bottom would make the bag stick out away from my body too much.

What about the Vernis colors fading... Baby blue becomes seafoam green!! Rose pink and violet purple get faded spots that look like clouds floating past on the Vernis! Silver turns greenish, the light colors get color transference easily. Shame, shame, LV!!

It also bugs the crap out of me that they can't make the bags more organized! Why can't the Noe have a stinking pocket?? LOL! Why are the straps on the Houston too short to fit over most peoples' shoulder? Why can't the leather be treated to resist water spots and dirt, and why can't the brass corners on the hard sided cases be coated and tarnish-resistant? When I pay $2,000 for a beauty case, it would be nice if it didn't start to tarnish the day I take it home, kwim?? ;)

If the speedy was more structured,it wouldn't be the speedy.I love the bag,saggy or full.As for the pouchette,in my opinion you almost have to have the extender to carry it on the shoulder.I happen to think that the extender is so good looking.But I do agree,these bags should be perfect for what we pay for them.There are good looking bags at every price point these days.We are just suckers for Vuitton i guess.

I didn't realized the speedy sagged when I bought mine and I almost returned it, but it doesn't bother me anymore, if you stuff it with enough junk it's holds it shape pretty well. I think it's just part of the design of the bag.

The pochette isn't really meant to be a purse like others have said, but I don't have a problem carrying it on my shoulder and I don't have the skinniest arms around.

The mandarin epi smelling like cat pee is totally unacceptable though. When you pay $1000 for a bag it shouldn't stink.

Is it just the mandarin that smells like cat pee? I smelt my pieces which aren't mandarin pieces but it doesn't smell like that!

Anyways, I don't like the strap either, way too short and I don't exactly have boney arms...but I did buy a long strap and I usually wear it across my body. However if I don't use the long strap, I just hold the bag by the strap.

I really like how the sagging pulls off with people like Jessica Simpson but I can't do that with my Speedy 35. Mine just sags really bad and in the end I just put a piece of cardboard.

i may be one of the few who is actually tiny enough to use the pochette on my shoulder. and i actually find it the perfect size for me. since i'm very petite

but i totally agree with the sag of the speedy (which is why i don't have one)

and the ease of colour transfer and fade of the vernis. i love the vernis colours and collection but just can't bring myself to buy too many pieces due to this problem. and the pieces that i do have .. they are all sitting nicely in their dustbags as i'm too afriad to use them

Well...I'm coming to the Pochette's rescue on this one....

The Pochette isn't exactly made to be a purse, it's supposed to be like the Pochette inside the bucket, clipped onto a bag with a D-ring..

BUT The only Bone I have to pick with LV is how cheaply cost effective they are,

they used to use All Leather lining, or at least Alcantara...but now they've switched some Vernis, Damier, and EPI to Canvas linings...(that makes me mad since it's only a few bucks more in production value)

and they use Brass PLATING!! For what they charge they should be GOLD PLATING!!!...even Dooney and Bourke uses solid brass!!!

(vent over)

KHOI

After owning LV for 8 years, I have come to the conclusion that NONE of their bags are 100% practical. But that doesn't stop me from trying to find one that is! :biggrin: