2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Sometimes there´s no alternative to retail therapy to keep the spirits up.... I know what I´m talking about as I definetely have no clean "shop my own closet" slate atm. Two purchases in one month... but they both make me happy and looking at the listings for similar items that are still online I feel I bought them at the right moment.
Good attitude!

:hugs:

Thank you! One of these days, I will have to post pictures of the more unique bags in my collection. I've never done a showcase but I have some quirky bags, many that I designed and had custom made.
I adore Brio bags and there are always some available on the market (usually priced as low $15-50). I browse them often.
The details on most of them are special (IMO) and they are, usually, super utilitarian in design. Plenty of secret pockets without bulking up the profile of the bags.
This is the first one I have bought, though, because most of their bags are far too large for me. If I could handle larger sizes in my bags, I would probably own several of them. The leather always looks thick and chewy but I'll be able to speak more to that once I'm holding my first piece. :yes:

Thanks for chiming in! :smile:
I ended up creating a thread asking this question and it seems the majority would do the same as you. I mean, even I recognise that my choice is the weird one but it always feels like the right one?
I have to think a bit more about why I do that and almost cheat myself out of a new piece, lol. I know my reasoning on the surface, but when it's so obvious that you're going against the grain...I should reflect and evaluate.

Thank you! :flowers:
It's insane, isn't it? In my case, the running theory is that I officially only caught it once but it has since made a home in my system and has recurred twice thereafter. This 3rd round was the shortest. I tested positive for only 9 days and then tested negative twice (day 9 and day 11). I am still in strict isolation at home for another week because we can't be sure that I'm not infectious, so better to be safe than sorry.
I've only been out of hospital for 2 days and I haven't slept a wink (from the shock of it all, perhaps?) so have thrown myself into bags and playing on the forums because I am not ready to feel all the emotions welling up inside me.
Sorry to bring this heavy topic in here- I won't do that again. :biggrin:

:flowers: Thank you!

Yes, please, do show us your unusual bags! I´d love to see them!

Re buying preloved rather than brandnew at the same price I must add that I´m a sucker for original packaging. I don´t know why, but having the box alone makes an item so much more special to me. I lately bought a Dior tote that wasn´t right for me at all (but will make a perfect Christmas present for my DD) and all that excitied me when I unwrapped it and shoved the bag aside in frustration was the original Dior paper bag that came with it. Silly me... DH already said I should rather buy empty boxes...

I am legitimately drooling! It's GORGEOUS! This is my kind of Dior! Sorry, I'm not caught up- is it new to you or from your existing collection?
Wear this beauty in good health! :heart:

Aww, thank-you so much! I am over the moon with this purchase.
It´s new to me.
I´ve been hunting for a new wallet for a while. It should be huge and red. After a lot of research I ordered a brandnew one from a German brand and when it arrived the snob in me was not pleased. It was well made, but not what I perceive as real quality. It went back.
Then- back in the deep rabbit hole- I noticed this Dior woc had re-appeared in the classifieds. It had been listed before at a much higher price. I enquired about it and bought it at a very nice price compared to every other Dior woc- some in awful condition- I´d seen for sale. It came with the original box! The condition was almost perfect, too. No faults that couldn´t be taken care of with a little paint and and some courage.
No, it´s not red. It clearly feels red to me- very intense red vibes!

Being me I haven´t worn it, yet. Not even tried to fit my things into it. The box sits on my sewing table. From time to time I take it out and caress the silky perfection of the lambskin...

Good attitude!

...making excuses my way... BUT I´ve been good re shopping my own closet when it comes to coats and shoes.

The start of autumn usually means I´ll dive into ebay searching for the perfect winter coat and boots. Of course I did so this year, too and filled my watchlist to the brim. Then I had a look through my photos and one by one ticked off what I already own.
My prey pattern is consistent!
No purchases made!
In contrary I even sold a coat which I bought last year and only wore once, because though it was unique and gorgeous it was not me! I listed my gold boots for sale after finally finding them, too. Same here: gorgeous, special, don´t look natural on me.

I'm just popping in here to say a quick hello to you all! I have so missed the fun chatter in this little alcove of the forums!
Hoping everyone is safe and well. :flowers:

Looking forward to posting more frequently as I recover my health (I won't go into that, but I have had a rough couple of months).

And, to stay on-topic, I may be about to buy a bag (awaiting authentication from friends on these forums, and hopefully a more reasonable offer from the seller). It is one I have wanted on and off for a couple of years, so no regrets if I get it because I'm sure I'll use it lots. Shopping my own has not worked out well for me this year, but 2020 is a write-off, so I'm going to bring little pops of joy into my life in the form of bag-candy. Turns out retail therapy is a thing! :lol:
So great to hear from you, @jblended . I'm glad you're better enough to post occasionally.

Retail therapy is definitely a thing! If the bag gets authenticated and you end up buying it, we want pictures! :smile:

No, no, no! I'm so sorry! I honestly wasn't complaining, just saying I hadn't purchased as yet because I was waiting for authentication.
There's a bunch of this particular bag listed all over the shop (seems to happen every few months that suddenly there are a lot of them on every site), so I doubted whether it's outlet stock that people picked up to flip for profit, or a ton of replicas that keep being listed. With Coach in particular, you just never know, and that is the reason I hadn't purchased it previously.
It did get authenticated right after I posted in this thread :biggrin: and I'm now waiting for the seller to confirm that she's happy with my offer. :smile:
Very happy about this little beauty. Just a pop of fun colour and I have been looking at it on and off since....maybe 2017? It's time I bring it home.
There's another from that line- the yellow Dakotah that I really want, too. I love that bright, sunshine yellow, but the shape of it is not for me. They're fun to look at though.
Glad to hear that your bag got authenticated. Now I hope the seller responds to your counter-offer, and that you both end up settling on a price that feels right.

Coach does beautiful yellows! I was very tempted by one a few months ago: it was in their collab with Disney. Just a little pouch, but it was sunshine yellow, with Pluto the dog on the front looking awfully cute. I have no need for a pouch. But, yellow. And, Pluto. Of course, by the time I saw a photo of it, decided I had to have it, and made my way to the Coach web site, it was completely sold out. :doh:

Glad to hear that your bag got authenticated. Now I hope the seller responds to your counter-offer, and that you both end up settling on a price that feels right.

Coach does beautiful yellows! I was very tempted by one a few months ago: it was in their collab with Disney. Just a little pouch, but it was sunshine yellow, with Pluto the dog on the front looking awfully cute. I have no need for a pouch. But, yellow. And, Pluto. Of course, by the time I saw a photo of it, decided I had to have it, and made my way to the Coach web site, it was completely sold out. :doh:
Those Pluto items sold out almost the first day. That happens with a lot of Coach collabs. But then they usually do another one so you get another chance.

...making excuses my way... BUT I´ve been good re shopping my own closet when it comes to coats and shoes.

The start of autumn usually means I´ll dive into ebay searching for the perfect winter coat and boots. Of course I did so this year, too and filled my watchlist to the brim. Then I had a look through my photos and one by one ticked off what I already own.
My prey pattern is consistent!
No purchases made!
In contrary I even sold a coat which I bought last year and only wore once, because though it was unique and gorgeous it was not me! I listed my gold boots for sale after finally finding them, too. Same here: gorgeous, special, don´t look natural on me.
This has happened to me a few times. I just sold a gorgeous cloche hat that I bought at a Downton Abbey exhibit a while back. I tried it on and my hubby insisted I get it. Had it for two years and didn't wear it. So finally just sold it.

Reactions: 880 and keodi