2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Reactions: cowgirlsboots
I'm just popping in here to say a quick hello to you all! I have so missed the fun chatter in this little alcove of the forums!
Hoping everyone is safe and well. :flowers:

Looking forward to posting more frequently as I recover my health (I won't go into that, but I have had a rough couple of months).

And, to stay on-topic, I may be about to buy a bag (awaiting authentication from friends on these forums, and hopefully a more reasonable offer from the seller). It is one I have wanted on and off for a couple of years, so no regrets if I get it because I'm sure I'll use it lots. Shopping my own has not worked out well for me this year, but 2020 is a write-off, so I'm going to bring little pops of joy into my life in the form of bag-candy. Turns out retail therapy is a thing! :lol:

I'm just popping in here to say a quick hello to you all! I have so missed the fun chatter in this little alcove of the forums!

Looking forward to posting more frequently as I recover my health (I won't go into that, but I have had a rough couple of months).

And, to stay on-topic, I may be about to buy a bag (awaiting authentication from friends on these forums, and hopefully a more reasonable offer from the seller). It is one I have wanted on and off for a couple of years, so no regrets if I get it because I'm sure I'll use it lots. Shopping my own has not worked out well for me this year, but 2020 is a write-off, so I'm going to bring little pops of joy into my life in the form of bag-candy. Turns out retail therapy is a thing! :lol:

Aww, how lovely to hear from you!
I hope will be fully recovered very soon!
Good Luck on buying the bag! Can´t wait to hear more about it.
All mybest wishes xx

Treat yourself for sure, sounds like you deserve to! :hugs:

It is great to hear from you. I hope you love your new bag. Please share a picture if you get it.

So wonderful to hear your update @jblended. I hope your health is improving. I look forward to seeing your new bag treat!
Best wishes! :hugs:

Thank you all for the warm welcome back! :heart: I actually thought as I was posting that nobody is likely to remember me. :lol:
And a special thanks to those of you who followed my 3rd covid round on the relevant thread! I cannot express sufficiently how touching it was to receive that kind of support. I am truly so, so fortunate in every way. Thank you :love:

I have been unable to sleep since being discharged from hospital (not even a full day at home yet but totally bouncing off the walls) and have made a bag purchase already! It's a vintage bag that I always liked the shape of.
I am waiting to make the other purchase I mentioned above; that one is a Coach that I really believe is authentic, but nobody on the thread has responded to me as yet to confirm. Hopefully I'll get the all-clear asap and can go ahead and buy because I am super excited to get my hands on that one.
Will definitely post pics once they're in my possession. :yes:

I am not at all caught up on the thread but opened it on a random page and saw something luscious that is unmistakably Dior. When I've rested up a little, I will catch up on here and feast on the eye candy you guys have posted.

Wishing you all good health and happy days! :flowers:

Thank you all for the warm welcome back! :heart: I actually thought as I was posting that nobody is likely to remember me. :lol:
And a special thanks to those of you who followed my 3rd covid round on the relevant thread! I cannot express sufficiently how touching it was to receive that kind of support. I am truly so, so fortunate in every way. Thank you :love:

I have been unable to sleep since being discharged from hospital (not even a full day at home yet but totally bouncing off the walls) and have made a bag purchase already! It's a vintage bag that I always liked the shape of.
I am waiting to make the other purchase I mentioned above; that one is a Coach that I really believe is authentic, but nobody on the thread has responded to me as yet to confirm. Hopefully I'll get the all-clear asap and can go ahead and buy because I am super excited to get my hands on that one.
Will definitely post pics once they're in my possession. :yes:

I am not at all caught up on the thread but opened it on a random page and saw something luscious that is unmistakably Dior. When I've rested up a little, I will catch up on here and feast on the eye candy you guys have posted.

Wishing you all good health and happy days! :flowers:
I'm sorry for the delay on authenticating on your Coach item. Not all of us feel comfortable authenticating newer styles.

I'm sorry for the delay on authenticating on your Coach item. Not all of us feel comfortable authenticating newer styles.
No, no, no! I'm so sorry! I honestly wasn't complaining, just saying I hadn't purchased as yet because I was waiting for authentication.
There's a bunch of this particular bag listed all over the shop (seems to happen every few months that suddenly there are a lot of them on every site), so I doubted whether it's outlet stock that people picked up to flip for profit, or a ton of replicas that keep being listed. With Coach in particular, you just never know, and that is the reason I hadn't purchased it previously.
It did get authenticated right after I posted in this thread :biggrin: and I'm now waiting for the seller to confirm that she's happy with my offer. :smile:
Very happy about this little beauty. Just a pop of fun colour and I have been looking at it on and off since....maybe 2017? It's time I bring it home.
There's another from that line- the yellow Dakotah that I really want, too. I love that bright, sunshine yellow, but the shape of it is not for me. They're fun to look at though.

Nice to see you! retail therapy has definitely helped in this bizarro year!

An update... both purchases are made and I'll post my own pics when I get them. Attached are stock pics.
The Brio vintage is the red and white bag, with pleats on the side and the braided strap.
There was a full red version (but I can't do that much bright lipstick red), and a full white version (that was in bad shape) available, so I figured get the best of both with this colourblocked one. I think the contrast makes the pleats/braids/details more noticeable.

The Coach crosstown is white and has neon pink whipstitching on the sides. The seller has no idea, but I literally had an offer for a fully factory wrapped one at the exact same price...but in the end, I opted to buy her preloved one.
This is the 3rd time I've had this happen and every time I've chosen the preloved for the same price as the new. I don't know why, but I guess I'd rather extend the life of something I know someone else doesn't love over getting a brand new one that I know others will surely snap up quickly.
My best friend keeps telling me I'm nuts for this but, my gut always says take the used one as the owner may be in need of the cash.
Would any of you make that choice if in my position? Genuinely wanting opinions in case it happens again. :smile:

Also, the only thing about both purchases is that they're similar colourways but, in terms of size and shape, they are totally different bags. Both of these are nothing like anything else in my collection. It will be nice to try out a different vibe and see if it brings some cheer.

brio vintage.jpg

coach whiplash crosstown.jpg