2017 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recap, reshape and resolution 2017

0. Love the idea of 3 or 15 but I have a current rotation of 8 bags and that suits me fine so that won't change

1. Last year I sold lots of vintage bags and I will carry on in 2017, they don't make much money but there's no point in keeping second best of anything, just the best. I only bought 1 non-well known name vintage bag, it was ridiculously cheap, it's very cute for evening and impeccably made.

2. I bought another H bag this year (2016) and will buy another next. That's it and will be it for big purchases unless the Gucci Lilith knocks me senseless!

3. So I've been buying less bags and more fab shoes/boots I can actually walk in with the 'saved' money. I have enjoyed looking at my feet more though. I need to stop buying so much footwear as a substitute.

4. Clear up and get more organised

5. Better vintage is still worth the hunt

6. Best for everyday, no saving for when life is perfect

7. Buy a few more H twilly/twillies for bag handles in sober colours (preloved fine)

8. More SLGs (don't have to be designer) to stay organised and switch bags (rather than bag inserts which only really help if all one's bags are the similar dimensions)
Completely agree with you on #6 - best for everyday. I don't save things for best (never have); enjoy it now, love it now, I believe :smile:

Hi all! :smile:
I'm in for 15 in 30, need to sort out and decide which 15 i'm gonna use

My collection's grown up and wide in 2016 but i don't have bad feeling, just need to sell a couple of bags which don't work for me to make it perfect :smile:
My goal for 2017 is no bags, no SLGs, no shoes unless something extraordinary pops up.
I want one and only bag, BV cervo hobo in China red, she will be in ss collection and i'm going to get it. That's it.
The only exceptions will be leather bracelets and silver pieces.
Saving up for a big purchase.
Good luck to all in their goals and achievements!

Hi all! :smile:
I'm in for 15 in 30, need to sort out and decide which 15 i'm gonna use

My collection's grown up and wide in 2016 but i don't have bad feeling, just need to sell a couple of bags which don't work for me to make it perfect :smile:
My goal for 2017 is no bags, no SLGs, no shoes unless something extraordinary pops up.
I want one and only bag, BV cervo hobo in China red, she will be in ss collection and i'm going to get it. That's it.
The only exceptions will be leather bracelets and silver pieces.
Saving up for a big purchase.
Good luck to all in their goals and achievements!
The next few weeks of the sales are the tricky bit! Good luck :biggrin: I'm keeping my eyes closed

Reactions: ksuromax
I'd like to join in for 2017 please. I have a small collection (10) compared to many on tpf, and I don't want to sell anything at present. But my goal is to save up for a garden party. I've wanted one for ages and I really need to avoid impulse buys, sales bargains and so on, and buy no other bags in 2017 to achieve this!
I've always admired the Garden Party. That is a great bag goal!

Sent from my XT1254 using PurseForum mobile app

Reactions: Evia
I joined the 2015 thread with the same aim (though bigger collection). I ordered a special edition GP and didn't want to have no space or have spent the money when(ever) the bag came in. I just wanted to encourage you because I managed to buy my GP and love, love, love every minute carrying it and admiring it, soooo totally worth being strict for.

I love your GP! I want a bamboo green bag since I've seen yours!

My Chanel WOC is probably the closest I'll get.

Recap, reshape and resolution 2017

0. Love the idea of 3 or 15 but I have a current rotation of 8 bags and that suits me fine so that won't change

1. Last year I sold lots of vintage bags and I will carry on in 2017, they don't make much money but there's no point in keeping second best of anything, just the best. I only bought 1 non-well known name vintage bag, it was ridiculously cheap, it's very cute for evening and impeccably made.

2. I bought another H bag this year (2016) and will buy another next. That's it and will be it for big purchases unless the Gucci Lilith knocks me senseless!

3. So I've been buying less bags and more fab shoes/boots I can actually walk in with the 'saved' money. I have enjoyed looking at my feet more though. I need to stop buying so much footwear as a substitute.

4. Clear up and get more organised

5. Better vintage is still worth the hunt

6. Wear best for everyday, no saving for when life is perfect

7. Buy a few more H twilly/twillies for bag handles in sober colours (preloved fine)

8. More SLGs (don't have to be designer) to stay organised and switch bags (rather than bag inserts which only really help if all one's bags are the similar dimensions)

I am so excited for what you will choose for next year. You have amazing tastes and I wish I could shop with you! You find fab things.

I'll join you for a no in first quarter. Thank god for shoes lol

Woohoo!!

I might be with you in shoes. Some of my flats are not as comfy as they have been but I have worn them for years now. It's time to start looking for replacements.

Reactions: papertiger
Woohoo!

I plan to buy a french flap wallet in 2017, as the smaller size gives me more room in my bag.

and veneta large or small balenciaga city

i need to use my longchamps more, though....

I didn't typed enough (was too sleepy), so pls lemme elaborate a bit

2016 is the epiphany year for me, as I culled a lot of my unused bag, I think using logic that @eggtartapproved mentioned. so Basically I grouped my bags based on capacity (large, maxi, small, clutch etc) and ensure that whatever in one category is just enough to be rotated, not too much. I identify some gap, and made my 3 year plan baesd on that gap, so I have long term plan on bag buying hahahaha. the small wallet, small bag (red balenciaga) and largeish bag (veneta) is my 2017 plan bag. and I will be visiting Europe, so I think it's better to buy the bags / slg while am there.

What's so funny is that actually I am comfortable with only 3 types of bag: balenciaga moto, ferragamo sofia and bv veneta, so I have them in various size. somehow it brings familiarity to the bags...

2016 is the epiphany year for me, as I culled a lot of my unused bag, I think using logic that @eggtartapproved mentioned. so Basically I grouped my bags based on capacity (large, maxi, small, clutch etc) and ensure that whatever in one category is just enough to be rotated, not too much. I identify some gap, and made my 3 year plan baesd on that gap, so I have long term plan on bag buying hahahaha. the small wallet, small bag (red balenciaga) and largeish bag (veneta) is my 2017 plan bag. and I will be visiting Europe, so I think it's better to buy the bags / slg while am there.

What's so funny is that actually I am comfortable with only 3 types of bag: balenciaga moto, ferragamo sofia and bv veneta, so I have them in various size. somehow it brings familiarity to the bags...
I like that you know your style so well and have it all planned out. I am fickle and like to many different brands and that is why I have to many bags.

Reactions: floodette
I actually like your plan and how you assess your collection. I'm sure 2017 will be another successful year for you. :smile:

I have the same bag in many colors, too. I'm the "cheaper by the dozen" type, although no company ever give me discount. ;) I need to stop the hauling habit. :smile:

Reactions: floodette
I like that you know your style so well and have it all planned out. I am fickle and like to many different brands and that is why I have to many bags.

I think you really should step back for a bit and reevaluate what you have, DC.

Your assortment of brands and styles are fantastic! But I have noticed you don't want to wear some at certain situations, which is understandable, but that seems to fuel many bag purchases when you had purchased something prior for the same reasons.

Just commenting, no offense was meant. Just want to help.

And you don't have to own every bag and brand you like. [emoji4] this I struggle with too and coming to a thread where shopping your collection is encouraged has helped some bags not join my collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.