2007 price increases

Hi! Newbie here. :smile: I bought a Jumbo Classic Flap today (black caviar & gold hardware) for $1695. The bag already had the new price tag of $2250 !! on it, but it still scans for $1695. Also bought a black caviar (silver hardware) East West flap for $1095 that also had the new tag of $1325 on it. The SA told me the prices are going up on the 7 classic styles, but he doesn't think there will be increases with everything.

I talked to a different SA at a different SAKS today and it does sound like the bags with the biggest increases are going to be the classic flaps in both caviar and lambskin - I asked about the reissues, and she said their prices have already reflected more of a price increase (but I still would assume they are going up but not as significantly as the classic?) Seems like they do have inventory on alot of classic bags in black . . .

I couldn't believe it myself! I got a little worried when I saw the $2250 price tag, but the SA told me that their latest shipment of bags already has the new price tags on it. This much of an increase is ridiculous!

I talked to a Chanel associate in the Short Hill neiman marcus about the price increase and she told me that it only applies to classical flap styles in caviar and lamskin. She even showed the look book page of these styles - classical flap, east-west, and kelly. She told me that patent leather bags would not be included. I assume that 2.55 styles are not cluded either since I did not see 2.55 styles on the page. (But for this, I am not sure.)

Hi! Newbie here. :smile: I bought a Jumbo Classic Flap today (black caviar & gold hardware) for $1695. The bag already had the new price tag of $2250 !! on it, but it still scans for $1695. Also bought a black caviar (silver hardware) East West flap for $1095 that also had the new tag of $1325 on it. The SA told me the prices are going up on the 7 classic styles, but he doesn't think there will be increases with everything.

OMG!!!!! :wtf:

yeaps, here in au they're havin price increases for almost 20% for the classics collection.
AUD$2266 for large classic flap in caviar is goin up to AUD$2714
. . . . . .
dats just.. :sad: