2007 price increases

Nope, they were the same kind of leather(caviar). It took them a long time to find the brown colored GST because they told me that they did not have a tag for it. They did not tell me that they increased the price on it. While the one on display was still 1650. Wow, did they ever make a red one in the GST or did you get it awhile back? I would love to get a red GST. Never seen one before. Its probably to die for. I was thinking about getting a brown diamond stitch hobo instead of the GST. But I really like the GST. Oh well, let's see what happens when I talk to a SA on Mon. The boutique is closed today. Thanks for letting me rant and also thanks for your advice.

Nope, they were the same kind of leather(caviar). It took them a long time to find the brown colored GST because they told me that they did not have a tag for it. They did not tell me that they increased the price on it. While the one on display was still 1650. Wow, did they ever make a red one in the GST or did you get it awhile back? I would love to get a red GST. Never seen one before. Its probably to die for. I was thinking about getting a brown diamond stitch hobo instead of the GST. But I really like the GST. Oh well, let's see what happens when I talk to a SA on Mon. The boutique is closed today. Thanks for letting me rant and also thanks for your advice.

Sorry for the confusion - my red is the petit shopper, not the GST. It was purchased from Saks in December. I wonder if Chanel ever made a red GST...

I love the streamlined design of Chanel's totes... My next Chanel will probably be a GST, or another PST. I say keep the brown GST... it sounds fabulous... and if you love it, what's an extra $300?

-L:heart:

Yeah, but I thought it was going to be on Feb. 1. That's why I bought the GST yesterday. My SA did not even tell me the price increased. I assumed that the brown GST was the same price as the beige GST that was on display and had a price tag of 1650. And the brown one I bought did not have a price tag. Shame on me for not looking at my receipt. Thanks for listening.

Yeah, but I thought it was going to be on Feb. 1. That's why I bought the GST yesterday. My SA did not even tell me the price increased. I assumed that the brown GST was the same price as the beige GST that was on display and had a price tag of 1650. And the brown one I bought did not have a price tag. Shame on me for not looking at my receipt. Thanks for listening.

Yeah, it's too bad that you (most likely) already got hit by the price increase:crybaby: On the upside, you now have a gorgeous GST!

I dun think u are hit by the increased yet...as far as I know, the brown GST (somewhere in the thread) is abot $100-200 (abt this range..can't remember actually) more expensive than the black 1s...dun know why???

The hike is abt $300 extra (based on 1650)

I assumed that the brown GST was the same price as the beige GST that was on display and had a price tag of 1650. And the brown one I bought did not have a price tag. Shame on me for not looking at my receipt. Thanks for listening.

You may want to do a search and see if you can locate something on the brown. I think there was a post for Swanky Mom that mentioned something about the brown being more, but I can be % sure.

ice-cream, you're not alone. It used to happen to me before. But mine had the price tag showed one price, but when they scanned it in POS, it showed a different price. It happened at the beginning of Jan. SA had no idea why, but he told me maybe the my beige wallet is more expensive than the black. I checked with a few boutiques and everyone quoted me the same price. So I don't think there is any error, but just that your color may cost more than the regular ones like black, beige, white. Don't feel bad. The dark brown is absolutey gorgeous. I love it.

The SA I talked with today at Saks mentioned the price increase that could go as much as $400 eff Feb 1 - I assume that was on possibly the jumbo bags? And I am not sure what bags but I think all flaps? She said it was a very big increase. So the 18% number others are talking about sounds right. I was going to debate my Chanel purchases but no longer. If it turns out the price effect is not real, I will return the extra one :yes:

I guess they'll be alot to talk later this week!

goodness sakes....18% is ALOT!!! Im freaking out right now bc its already 1/29! I just called my SA and emailed her pics of the beige GST I want...shes off today but she will order it for me first thing tm morning..lol.....this is just insane! i was suppose to be on a purse ban but i couldnt help myself!

my SA at Neiman is really a superstar..she works at the NM in Paramus, NJ. if anyone shops there, you should speak to her..Jennifer is her name, shes really knowledgeable about purses!

That's what my SA at SFA said while I was trying on my MJ Stam, Black which I eventually own:yahoo: , last Friday, that as of Feb 1, Chanel will increase their price by $200. She said if I was planning to get a Chanel purse, I ought to do before Feb 1.

That's what my SA at SFA said while I was trying on my MJ Stam, Black which I eventually own:yahoo: , last Friday, that as of Feb 1, Chanel will increase their price by $200. She said if I was planning to get a Chanel purse, I ought to do it before Feb 1.