The Rainbow Bridge.

I am so happy to have found this thread...Our beloved Princess Nallah crossed over December of 2007. I did not know I could feel such heartbreak as I did when she left us; she was 15 years old. She and my son grew up together; he was two when we got her. She loved her boy so much, she mommied him as much as I did.

can someone share with me how to post pictures and i'll share a few.

thanks1

Coming up on the one-year anniversary of my Mathilda's passing.....I was just telling someone the other day about some of her less admirable habits, but then I said I would gladly put up with all of them to have her back again.

I miss you, Mathilda.

Attachments

• mathilda.jpg
    mathilda.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 162
I can't get past page 1 of this thread without crying. I'm so sorry to everyone who's lost their best friend. I lost mine more than a year ago and I still cry when I think of him.

I read through all 6 pages of this thread and now I'm sitting here crying. My heart goes out to everyone here who has lost a friend.

I have had dogs in my life forever. I have said good bye to so many over the years and it NEVER is easy. They provide the most unconditional love to us and always can manage to lift our spirits and change the direction of a day for the better. When I hold their fragile tired bodies for the last time as they head for the Rainbow Bridge, it is the most painful of heartaches. And yet, I would never consider a home without them. Their lives are fragile and far too short but I would never consider a home without the love of a dog.

This is exactly how I feel. I have had pets - cats & dogs - my whole life, and we've lost several in various ways - old age, euthanasia, illness. There are too many stories to list, and I know I couldn't possibly get through all the stories. It is always so hard when you lose a friend. But, I would never consider life without a pet.

This thread makes me cry, but it also makes me happy to see so many people who obviously loved their animals dearly. So frequently I see news stories about animals being abused or neglected or harmed, and it is really nice to see there are other people out there who really do care about these creatures.

Last edited:
^^^ Same here.....!!!!!!!

TBH........................my worst loss was not due to death.....................................my parents gave my dog away when I was away at school. :cry: He could still be alive right now and I don't even know where he is. :cry: I'm sorry, it happened 5 years ago and I'm still not over it. Never will be.

^^^ Same here.....!!!!!!!

TBH........................my worst loss was not due to death.....................................my parents gave my dog away when I was away at school. :cry: He could still be alive right now and I don't even know where he is. :cry: I'm sorry, it happened 5 years ago and I'm still not over it. Never will be.

^^ omigod, that's so sad... :crybaby:

It infuriates me because he was just like my dog Twinkie is now! Just was young and energetic with a dominant personality!!!! And it isn't fair, that those types of dogs get a bad rap! He was the sweetest little pup, just like Twink! GAH!!!! I just don't get people sometimes. What the hell goes through someone's head that they think they will just solve the problem by giving an animal away, or telling you they hate your dog so you can find someone else to take care of them while you are in Iraq? SERIOUSLY!

Sorry just in a rant-y type of mood because people can be so frustrating! For all I know, Sparky could be at the Rainbow Bridge right now and I wasn't even there to see him off and be there in his last days!

For my beautiful brave boy cat, Clydie, who passed away just 48 hours ago, on Friday 9th January 2009.
I keep thinking of something I heard somewhere - that 'the pain now is the price of loving him then'.
I'm so glad you were a part of my life, Little Man. Bella and I miss you terribly, but I know you are at peace now - and I think you hung on for as long as you could because you knew how much you were loved.
Rest in Peace, Clydiecat, and I'll see you one day at Rainbow Bridge.
I love you.

For my baby Lola who passed away at 4 years old on her birthday due to PDE two days ago. I never expected to feel such a sense of grief and hurt in my heart at having to let you go but I know that you are with me as I can still sense you around the house. I want to say so much more but it seems the tears come to quickly for me to grasp all I want to write...All I can think of is thank you for being there with me for all the ups and downs in my life and never once letting me feel like I was alone. I know you are at the rainbow bridge now because you felt your job was done but please know I never stopped needing you and whenever I see a sunbeam in the backyard I will be looking for you. You will always be my number one baby girl, little lola! I think (no, I know) I loved you more than anything and anyone in this world.

I'd like to say to everyone who lost their babies, you're all in my thoughts and prayers.

I'd also like to share this beautiful little piece I found:

This poem/letter just made me cry so hard :crybaby:as it just says the right thing about dealing with the loss of your loved one. I can't wait until I am reunited with my little lola... I :heart: you!

For my baby Lola who passed away at 4 years old on her birthday due to PDE two days ago. I never expected to feel such a sense of grief and hurt in my heart at having to let you go but I know that you are with me as I can still sense you around the house. I want to say so much more but it seems the tears come to quickly for me to grasp all I want to write...All I can think of is thank you for being there with me for all the ups and downs in my life and never once letting me feel like I was alone. I know you are at the rainbow bridge now because you felt your job was done but please know I never stopped needing you and whenever I see a sunbeam in the backyard I will be looking for you. You will always be my number one baby girl, little lola! I think (no, I know) I loved you more than anything and anyone in this world.

^^ i'm in tears too now (((hugs))) :heart: