The Rainbow Bridge.

Jessica, I'm so sorry for your loss. I just saw this post. I don't come here very often because I always end up crying. :hugs:Thinking of you.

My beautiful Chelsea Elizabeth. She was rescued 16 1/2 years ago and crossed over the bridge on 11/13/08. Rest in peace 1992-2008

cheldolly.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Darling Spirit. It's only been 4 days since we laid you to rest, but my heart still feels like it is being stabbed. It hurts so much to go home and not see you laying on the futon waiting for us, seeing us come inside and then slowly getting off the futon to walk towards us with your tail wagging as you stretch and yawn. I miss seeing the fridge opened and all our food eaten or ruined...I'd give anything to have you ruining our food again. I don't think I have gone a day without crying, and usually things like this don't get me down. But this hurts more than anything. Thank you for sharing Jason with me and letting me be your mommy. I am so proud of you. You were a champion athlete in agility and flyball, at twice the age of 'over the hill' athletes (when you were 6). Thanks for letting Jason join the Army and leave you to go to Germany. I know that he wishes he could relive coming home and have you be a snot and ignore him for 2 hours each time you returned on leave. I can't believe I will never get to stare into your beautiful little brown eyes again or have you drool on my leg as you wait for me to finish eating a meal. Or having you put your hand on my foot as if you are making sure that I know you are right there. I miss me saying 'SPIRIT!!! HIGH FIVE!!!!' and having you high five me. I miss you punching me in the leg when you want to get my attention, or how your bark was so strong and powerful...it would scare off any intruder. I miss throwing a frisbee and watching you chase it down, but not catch it in your mouth. The way you'd always just slap it down with your hand was hilarious. I could throw a telephone pole into the lake and you'd find a way to fetch it. Bless your heart, Spirit.

I love you so much, Spirit. And believe it or not, as much as she pissed you off, Twinkie really is lost without you. Jason found one of your furballs on the floor and picked it up, Twink happened to be there and smelled it and hit the floor grovelling and whimpering, her ears down. The way she sniffed at your nose for minutes before we put you in the ground broke my heart. You were her role model and now she is in charge all on her own.

You were the glue that held us together and strong, and now we have to mend ourselves and find a way to do things without you.

Last edited:
Candice, I am so sorry for your loss.

It's been 3 months since my darling cat Squak passed away, but I got a teary today thinking that this will be the first Christmas with out her. :crybaby:

^:cry: our hearts are heavy, too. We are lucky to still have darling Twinkie (dog in my signature), but it will be the first Christmas in 12 years without Spirit :cry: I'm sorry you won't have Christmas with Squak :s

^^ my baby 6/3/92-12/19/08 :heart:

p.s. he was my angel for almost 17 years
& my heart is broken over losing him :crybaby:

attachment.php

Aww, I feel your pain...I'm sure this is really tough for you right now. He looks like such a sweet little angel.......My yorkie, Roxie was with me for almost 17 years too. She came to me on NYE 1987 when she was just 6 weeks old.........she is still in my heart, I miss her everyday, since I lost her in August 2003. Please know that you are not alone in your pain......and your baby will always be with you in your heart! :heart: :heart:

So sorry for everyone's loss, I don't come here often either as the stories are heartbreaking & upset me but today is Christmas & I remember all the Christmases with the beloved dogs that I have lost! So for Max, Bruce, Duke & Sebastian, my darling Old English Sheepdogs & Great Danes, be happy at Rainbow Bridge & wait for me!

Today my dh and I let our old terrier mix Kit go to the rainbow bridge......he was about 7 years old when we rescued him in 2000. He had a good life with us but this past year he just was deteriorating...he didn't have much quality of life anymore. It was hard to watch him walk around the house. He was nearly blind and couldn't hear, he had tumors all over his old tired body. I have so much guilt, but I know he is in a better place now.....he can play with his brother Calvin and sister Roxie until we get there to be with them all again. I love you Kit, I miss you and I'm so sorry..........:crybaby: