Authenticate This! DIOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
winona77, I'm hoping mine is authentic because it has a different Limited Edition No. on the bag! (see Post#149). However, I have my doubts because I have 2 authentic Dior Bags. The lining on those two is slightly different than the one in the Limited Edition. Maybe that's because it is a Limited Edition...I don't know, I'll have to take some pictures of the bag first, then we'll know for sure! Will keep my fingers crossed!

^ I know it's not a double saddle, people who are in the resale business get listing titles wrong all the time.
Why do you think it's an "awful" fake?
I have seen MANY fake gaucho's and this doesn't even compare to the awful fakes out there...if you could be specific and show me what makes you believe this it would be helpful, as I've already had 3 people say it's good.

I totally appreciate your input.
Thanks.

Dear Winona and May Day,
so sorry I was in hurry(do you have children?),and my english is quiet good,but I can't tell exactly what I mean:I'm french!I'm absolutely not offended:smile: ,I'm only the owner of a black double saddle(s?)a real one,I swear:love: ),and I agree,the red leather looks good,but:why could we watch the studs near the buckle?Why does the dustbag look so thin?Christian Dior's nose seems to be not so thin than on reality.Finally,I was surprised 'cause of the mistake on the tittle,I thought nai¨vëly that when someone sold a luxury item,he had to be accurate(precise?Really sorry for my english)
That's why I thought it was not a real one,so sorry if I made a mistake,I repeat,I was really hurry but I truly wanted to help.Accept my apologies.
I hope you'll understand my approx. english:flowers:

Thanks Anilou!! I plan on getting this checked when I get it, but I think it looks good.

Je parles Francais aussi bien que ton Anglais, donc je sais que ce n'est pas toujours facile!!! Ma Grammaire est HORRIBLE!!! :smile:
ET j'ai deux enfants aussi.

Merci pour les détails!!!

Thanks Anilou!! I plan on getting this checked when I get it, but I think it looks good.

Je parles Francais aussi bien que ton Anglais, donc je sais que ce n'est pas toujours facile!!! Ma Grammaire est HORRIBLE!!! :smile:
ET j'ai deux enfants aussi.

Merci pour les détails!!!
Ton français est parfait,merci pour ces quelques mots Winona.I've to go to sleep...here it's 1H30 am:nuts: !!!Have a nice evening!

Dear Winona and May Day,
so sorry I was in hurry(do you have children?),and my english is quiet good,but I can't tell exactly what I mean:I'm french!I'm absolutely not offended:smile: ,I'm only the owner of a black double saddle(s?)a real one,I swear:love: ),and I agree,the red leather looks good,but:why could we watch the studs near the buckle?Why does the dustbag look so thin?Christian Dior's nose seems to be not so thin than on reality.Finally,I was surprised 'cause of the mistake on the tittle,I thought nai¨vëly that when someone sold a luxury item,he had to be accurate(precise?Really sorry for my english)
That's why I thought it was not a real one,so sorry if I made a mistake,I repeat,I was really hurry but I truly wanted to help.Accept my apologies.
I hope you'll understand my approx. english:flowers:

Hi anilouann!

The studs near the buckle look exposed but even on Eluxury you can see them (on the medium saddle and tote) exposed depending on the angle the picture was taken from. It looks like these studs will be completely concealed if you look at the bag from the front. Also, Dior's face isn't too clear from the picture but judging from the deep grooves on his face I can tell that it's the real deal (none of the fakes have gotten this part right). Of course, it's always good to get the bag authenticated even if you're 100% sure that it's real, but these details should make you feel confident about the bag's authenticity while it's not in your hands yet.

Wow, je comprend le francaise aussi mais mon grammaire est terrible.

hello! pardon my ignorance, but is there a link i can read for some insight of real vs the 'good' fakes (which i don't condone)? trying to be a smart consumer! thank you!

Hello ladies. Reading this board is an education. Could you let me know if this bag is authentic or not? The price seems low and the dust bag says Christian Dior rather than just Dior. But a lot of the other issues you've mentioned about gauchos seems to be ok. But you all have seen a lot more than I have. :smile: Thanks!

eBay: AUTH CHRISTIAN DIOR OLIVE LEATHER SADDLEBAG GAUCHO (item 160031435828 end time Sep-17-06 06:51:50 PDT)

It's fake for the reasons you said - at least you know you're getting good at spotting them! ;)

Hi anilouann!

The studs near the buckle look exposed but even on Eluxury you can see them (on the medium saddle and tote) exposed depending on the angle the picture was taken from. It looks like these studs will be completely concealed if you look at the bag from the front. Also, Dior's face isn't too clear from the picture but judging from the deep grooves on his face I can tell that it's the real deal (none of the fakes have gotten this part right). Of course, it's always good to get the bag authenticated even if you're 100% sure that it's real, but these details should make you feel confident about the bag's authenticity while it's not in your hands yet.

Wow, je comprend le francaise aussi mais mon grammaire est terrible.

THANKS MAY DAY!:flowers:

Calling for Dior expert :shame:

Im looking at this item
eBay: Auth Christian Dior Gaucho Saddle Tote-Cherry New (item 270029573946 end time Sep-22-06 13:17:03 PDT)

and wondering if anyone can authenticate for me. Please!

The price doesnt really make sense too me though. What do you guys think?:flowers:

TIA

I really couldn't tell from these pictures (though I'm sure someone can), so maybe you should request some more pictures of the inside/dustbag/auth. card? Though I have to agree that I'm inherently suspicious because of the price.

Hello again folks! I'm really trying to do my research, but some purses are just too difficult for my untrained eyes ;) I found another gaucho bag in e-bay can someone pls. check the authenticity of this purse? I guess its fake since the price is so low, but the authenticity card is stamped in a Dior boutique in St. Barths. Well I guess in not impossible to get hold of a real authenticity card and still sell a fake... Anyway... Here's the link :smile:

eBay: 100% genuine dior gaucho bag purse nwot (item 300028309880 end time Sep-22-06 08:36:26 PDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.