Ignes bags- the discussion continues

Aubergine is the new dark purple?? Hmm. . . Linda's picture is the same picture Ignacio sent me. I thought the Aubergine looked more wine in real life than dark purple. Anyways, Aubergine is very elegant looking.

Hi, the aubergine =bordeaux in the lookbook, and is not the new purple. That's newer, in process. ;)

Hi, what do you think of a Virginia in the beige?? I was discussing that with Ignacio. I listed some lighter colors and of them he said beige would work best and attached a pic of lionlaw's beige ormala. Thoughts??

No, aubergine is NOT the new dark purple. To be clear, there is NO aubergine!!! There is, however, BORDEAUX, which is #074. :yes:

To my knowledge, the new dark purple is still in the works. There is no sample of the new dark purple in the lookbook.

The sample I have , which is labeled Aubergine 074 is not at all like the one Linda P posted...it is very smooth whereas the pic from Linda is more crinkely(if that is a word). baghag 411 has seen 074 IRL and the photo of the "new purple" Ignacio sent to her was like the one Linda P posted and not 074. So I believe there is a "new"color. The photo of the new purple looks deeper with more blue.

Confusing:confused1:

Thanks Lionlaw. I suppose that the end of September is not so very far off. I'm holding out for the HOBO myself and ITA that the knotty chiara sounds fab!

I am the one who posted it. The styles are being rolled out at different times and may vary depending on how busy they are.

Within the next two weeks, new model #1 should debut (this is similar in shape to the chiara but with a knot and slightly smaller).

THE HOBO!!-- later in September

Model #2-- undisclosed shape-- they are still working on it, but probably in late September.

I decided to wait for the new styles since I am a hobo freak and the new chiara sounds interesting.

The sample I have , which is labeled Aubergine 074 is not at all like the one Linda P posted...it is very smooth whereas the pic from Linda is more crinkely(if that is a word). baghag 411 has seen 074 IRL and the photo of the "new purple" Ignacio sent to her was like the one Linda P posted and not 074. So I believe there is a "new"color. The photo of the new purple looks deeper with more blue.

Confusing:confused1:

There is a new purple color that is in development for the fall. Linda P posted the pic of it. It has NOT been released yet for ordering.

The new purple color is not contained within any of the lookbooks.

Aubergine/Bordeaux is # 74 in the look book. it is NOT purple. Having seen it in real life, it is a deep bordeaux with a hint of purple. BUT it is not purple.

At one point it was posted that what we are now calling bordeaux was labeled aubergine. Maybe Ignacio wrote it on one of the samples mailed out? Anyway, B/A doesn't really matter, I just give him the numbers. It is #74 in the leather look book.

Thanks Lionlaw. I suppose that the end of September is not so very far off. I'm holding out for the HOBO myself and ITA that the knotty chiara sounds fab!

I can't wait for the HOBO. I hope it is a big slouchy wonderful bag! I am actually going to try and meet Ignacio when he comes to the city next month so hopefully he will have new models with him.

Hi, what do you think of a Virginia in the beige?? I was discussing that with Ignacio. I listed some lighter colors and of them he said beige would work best and attached a pic of lionlaw's beige ormala. Thoughts??

Interesting. The beige is so stunning that the hardware on a Virginia may detract from it some? I think it is personal preference, but I would think a long sheet of the beige leather like on a sofia or other bag would be more becoming than mixed peices sown together in the Virginia. The leather has a gloss to it like Linda P's raspberry and really is a knock out. I think it is my fav leather to date. It is just creamy goodness, and I don't like beige bags!

I can't wait for the HOBO. I hope it is a big slouchy wonderful bag! I am actually going to try and meet Ignacio when he comes to the city next month so hopefully he will have new models with him.

And you will take lots of pics of course! Of the bags, not Ignacio, well maybe one or two of him. I am also so looking forward to seeing that HOBO.:yes:

Pictures-- I plan on doing more than pictures. If he has a hobo there and if it is as fabulous as I hope, it will be following me home. :P

Remember as an Officer of the Court you must not use violence to wrangle that bag out of Ignacio. :police: Plus, we hate to have to sell off our( umm, maybe your) bags to bail you out.:graucho:

Interesting. The beige is so stunning that the hardware on a Virginia may detract from it some? I think it is personal preference, but I would think a long sheet of the beige leather like on a sofia or other bag would be more becoming than mixed peices sown together in the Virginia. The leather has a gloss to it like Linda P's raspberry and really is a knock out. I think it is my fav leather to date. It is just creamy goodness, and I don't like beige bags!

thanks, that does make sense. There are some leathers that need to be shown off. interesting that this is your current favorite!! :smile:

I hope you snag that hobo!! :yes: