Ignes bags- the discussion continues

Hi Kuwa!

If I could only keep one as a work bag, I would have to go with the black. Black is a basic color that never looks out of place and doesn't show dirt/wear/tear like lighter colors. The beige is beautiful (almost what I would call blonde), but since it is lighter, it will show more dirt/wear over the black. If wear doesn't bother you, go with the beige. It is beautiful. For me, I am anal about wear so if I could only have one, and planned to use it a lot, I would go with the black.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, lionlaw. Yes, this does help.

I am making myself a little dizzy with all the options out there, and with the price increase I feel pressured to make some hardcore decisions right now. :smile: I think part of my dilemma was caused by pictures, rather than seeing products in real life. The photo of the beige really came across beautifully, as a rich and buttery color!

And I do agree with you on the wear and tear of biege; I found myself babying that daggone laptop more than I usually do (especially with no feet). Had to yank it gently from a porter who had grabbed it & was going to chuck it up top the heap of bags. :nogood:

Thank you, lionlaw. Yes, this does help.

I am making myself a little dizzy with all the options out there, and with the price increase I feel pressured to make some hardcore decisions right now. :smile: I think part of my dilemma was caused by pictures, rather than seeing products in real life. The photo of the beige really came across beautifully, as a rich and buttery color!

And I do agree with you on the wear and tear of biege; I found myself babying that daggone laptop more than I usually do (especially with no feet). Had to yank it gently from a porter who had grabbed it & was going to chuck it up top the heap of bags. :nogood:

Ok, as an update, I just got my bags in hand today. The leather is a true blond color, lighter than the vachetta on a LV. It is gorgeous, but I would say impossible to keep clean if you are going to use it everyday.

I will add pics of my three new bags later tonight.

I am the one who posted it. The styles are being rolled out at different times and may vary depending on how busy they are.

Within the next two weeks, new model #1 should debut (this is similar in shape to the chiara but with a knot and slightly smaller).

THE HOBO!!-- later in September

Model #2-- undisclosed shape-- they are still working on it, but probably in late September.

I decided to wait for the new styles since I am a hobo freak and the new chiara sounds interesting.

Whoa, smaller Chiara?! I will be all over that! :tup:

I like the red leather. It is a true red and does not scratch easy. The black leather is tdf. In real life it is so rich and buttery. Almost has a satin sheen to it.

Lionlaw, Just one more question about this? I was looking at the pics of the lookbook: is the red you got the "107" "soft, textured?" And, is the black the "008" "structured, smooth?" There is also a "109" soft, textured. If I order the leathers you have, I just want to make sure how to specify that.

TIA, so much! :smile:

Ok, as an update, I just got my bags in hand today. The leather is a true blond color, lighter than the vachetta on a LV. It is gorgeous, but I would say impossible to keep clean if you are going to use it everyday.

I will add pics of my three new bags later tonight.

this is the gray chiara??? ooooh, ca't wait to see pics.

Wow, no one is around the Ignes threads this afternoon, everyone must be exhausted from all the excitement recently!

Two more questions: those who have seen the camel swatch, how does its color compare to the tan, whiskey, etc? Is it very similar IRL?

And, is the aubergine 074 I saw a sample of the same as "the new purple" that everyone has been discussing?

thanks!! :smile:

I am looking at a pebble camel swatch and I have a whiskey as well. The pebbled camel is much lighter. The whiskey is a deeper milk chocolaty color with almost reddish undertones. There is also a light whiskey which is somewhat in between the camel and whiskey

Not sure about the aubergine color.

Wow I"m so excited! I just placed an order for a 2nd bag (which will be a gift for my mom).

I have already placed an order for a mini-ormala in chocolate with metallic sparkle, gold metallic suede lining and zipper added, antique gold hardware

I just also ordered a mini-sophia in Wine with gold hardware, Gold suede lining, zipper, and a 12 inch drop. This is the bag for my mom which I think she will love!

Yeah! Now I just have to wait a bit longer for my bag as they will ship together. Oh well. Well worth the wait.

Cognac suede with Dark Whiskey #132

15zrr4k.jpg

I am looking at a pebble camel swatch and I have a whiskey as well. The pebbled camel is much lighter. The whiskey is a deeper milk chocolaty color with almost reddish undertones. There is also a light whiskey which is somewhat in between the camel and whiskey

Not sure about the aubergine color.

thanks, snibor!

I got confused earlier...I realized I was thinking lionlaw had gotten the chiara! I skipped ahead. :P

in other news, Ignacio just confirmed that the new bag will be on the website next week! Sounds on schedule. :tup:

Wow I"m so excited! I just placed an order for a 2nd bag (which will be a gift for my mom).

I have already placed an order for a mini-ormala in chocolate with metallic sparkle, gold metallic suede lining and zipper added, antique gold hardware

Lucky you , snibor! Ignacio told me he was out of the chocolate with metallic sparkle. Waaah! :crybaby:lol :smile: