Valuable Articles Insurance

I use Chubb, it is a separate policy from my homeowners. I (unfortunately) had to use the policy previously and they reacted quickly and I had a check within 48 hours.

It covers everything that might not be covered on homeowners or excess . . . jewelry, furs, artwork, etc.

Thank you! Vernilover!!! :flowers: And link-tified! :okay: sounds good to me!

Thank you tPFer's - that is great information!!

Chubb will insure expensive handbags under a scheduled/valuable article floater policy, but many other insurance companies will not do so. HOWEVER, most are covered under the general homeowner policy IF one has photographs, bill of sale etc. Of course, this will be coverage that is less the deductible. I have USAA insurance (for active/retired/reserve military officers only). I have had LENGTHY discussions with them on this subject.

Reactions: Nerja
Both mine and my partners watches are named items on our policy as is my Birkin. On the morning I picked my bag up my other half called our insurers and he got them to put it on there. I then had to send them a copy of the receipt and now my bags insured for use outside the home as well so if it was damaged or stolen (:cry:smile: it would be covered

In the UK anything over £1500 has to be named on the policy or it will not be covered

Mooks – Who are you using for insurance in the UK? I’m having difficulty finding someone in the UK that covers items that are lost, damaged, or stolen outside the home…

I asked my insurance company about insuring my only really expensive article, the Birkin. None of my furniture or electronical stuff is that expensive :lol:

Well, I wasn't outright laughed at, but there's no way I can insure it as a valuable. It's covered by my homeowner's insurance as a normal household item. It was adviced that I photograph it and keep the receipt safe, in case something happens, so that I'm able to prove it was there, but it actually has no significance, because I must just make sure that my insurance covers the total value of all my stuff.

AND if I use my B outside of my home (:okay::P), I should raise the level of my travellers insurance policy to cover it. All I can do is laugh, really.

^^^ Are you in the US? As I said on my post above anything over £1500 has to be named on UK policies plus my policy has new for old cover so if my Birkin was stolen in 5 years time they'd pay out for a brand new one

^^^ Are you in the US? As I said on my post above anything over £1500 has to be named on UK policies

Nope, in the Nordic country where Santa lives :lol: If I had a painting, a fur, a golf bag, a piano, 2 carat diamond ring etc, I could list it as a valuable, but not a single bag. Maybe when I have two, then it would be a collection and they do say 'a collection of valuable items' is eligible.

Oh my :idea: I must buy another Birkin immediately :roflmfao:

I have USAA insurance (for active/retired/reserve military officers only). I have had LENGTHY discussions with them on this subject.
I have USAA insurance as well. Did they ask you for a receipt copy or anything like that?

Off. I remember when my husband was away and told me to call to USAA insurance about his guns(he collects this stuff). It was hilarious when agent ask me-what kind of pistol it is you want to add to your policy? I said-Well, it's black...big...black...
How the hell you'd describe a gun? :shrugs:My husband still remembers it and laughing.

my policy (homeowners) covers my bag for theft in and out of home. it is less 500 dollar deductible. also, they will cover the bag's worth at present. if you got a birkin for 5K and it's worth 8K now, they would cover it for 8K.

hang on to the receipt!

unfortunately they do not have a handbag policy to cover "mysterious disappearance" and "damages" to the bag.

someone had made a comment, kind of a joke, about only their SA, DH, and insurance company knowing the cost of their Hermes. i was thinking and this just furthered that thought of the insurance. as my collection is growing. should one adjust their ins. and take pics...? are they going to think i am nuts...? do you get special coverage for bags like you do some jewelry? i thought i would ask you guys before so i know what to say to my ins. co.