Valuable Articles Insurance

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NORDSTROM WINTER SALE Up to 40% off until February 23rd! Free shipping and free returns! Shop The Sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. yeah my friend's jaw dropped when I put the value....and I was like Hermes and Manolo. haha

2. ^^^ Lol!

3. I have Statefarm renters' insurance. My clothing maximum is $10,000.

4. but that is clothing not bags...

5. ^ I don't understand the limits because the more your insure, the more the companies can make money with a higher insurance premium.

6. Thanks, GG! SO had brought this up weeks ago but I wasn't sure how to go about it. I'm pm'ing you a question!

7. fatefullotus - Can you imagine ... if you have 2 Chanel suits that's already 10,000 lol!

8. I was told they all went into the same category (personal effects, or something like that) -- bags, shoes, clothing. The $10,000 I quoted was the standard amount of coverage with my policy. I had to purchase additional for anything beyond that amount. So I purchased additional to cover shoes and bags. China was an additional expense -- they only covered a 'standard' amount for household items (don't remember the number for this, though). I remember fur being an additional purchase as well (though I don't own any).

9. LaVan -- perhaps I'm being unclear. Sorry! Basic renters' insurance only covers up to a certain amount. If you believe your closet/collection is worth more than that amount, you would have to purchase additional insurance to cover it. That's what I was referring to -- having to purchase additional coverage beyond the standard renter's policy.

10. LOL I wish! I own precisely ONE Chanel jacket... which I received through my aunt's Lending Program. :shame: I purchased additional coverage for my clothing, but that's really to cover my miles of DVF dresses and the like. I wish I had more Chanel suits to cover. One day! :love: And you'll be the first person I tell, La Van! :yes:

11. ^^ Oooh, DVF dresses are lovely! I saw a couple that I really liked a couple of season ago and I so regret not buying them! Crap!

12. looking at mine..it says nothing about limits on clothing...but..

1,000 limit on theft of jewelry, watches and fur garments....and garments trimmed with fur...precious and semi-precious stones.

and I know I moved my 1k limit up for misc jewelry.

13. ^--- I have rows of DVF dresses because they're flattering on my less than perfect form and they're foolproof. :sweatdrop: I just picked one up for the summer actually, that now makes me think would be perfect for you for one reason. No, make that 2 lovely reasons! :yes:

[​IMG]

14. Strange! I'm going to take a look at mine tonight and let you know what it says exactly. I remember the jewelry section, and I recall that being higher than $1K. Perhaps the difference is due to geography? :shrugs:

15. OMG!!! This is gorgeous and will look perfect for my Kellys ... Pinko and even Tokyo Orange! I wonder if you can hem the length since I'm tiny, which website is this?