Valuable Articles Insurance

1. Hi all,
    I spoke with my insurance broker last week to update my insurance coverage for personal items, like jewelry and art -- She asked if I had any other items that were of significant value that I might want to insure -- and I thought of some my bags... especially my Hermes bags.

Do any TPFer's itemize their Hermes bags? Can you please share your experiences?
    I would love some guidance! :confused1:

Thank you!!!

2. Thanks for starting this thread. I have homeowner's coverage with jewelery itemized but have not yet itemized my bags. I am interested to hear what other tPFrs do in this regard.

GlitterEyebags likes this.
  3. This is a great topic, and I recall at least a couple of threads about insuring bags. In case you haven't already, you may want to do a search .

4. Hi! There are a couple of threads about insurance. Let me se if I can find them again...

5. ok here they are...I don't know how to do links so you will have to search them out! I hope this helps!
    Hermes won't give me an evaluation for insurance purposes
    get um INSURED!!
    Hermes appraisers - where to find?
    OMG! Birkin/kelly Insurance

6. I use Chubb, it is a separate policy from my homeowners. I (unfortunately) had to use the policy previously and they reacted quickly and I had a check within 48 hours.

It covers everything that might not be covered on homeowners or excess . . . jewelry, furs, artwork, etc.

7. I am sorry to say that I don't have an H bag, yet! But there is another thread of a member reporting that her Birkin was stolen by professional thieves who nicked it while she was in a restaurant. Her experience made me think that when I finally do get a bag, I will definitely look into insurance.

8. Thanks all!!

Gelbergirl - Sorry to hear that you had to use your coverage!! I also use Chubb. The actual policy is called Valuable Articles coverage. I have it for jewelry, etc, but never thought of doing that for a bag -- but it makes a lot of sense.

Julide - as with the jewelry, I will need to submit appraisals. Why can't I get them from Hermes? That is where the bags came from? That seems so odd.

When I call my broker tomorrow, I can just imagine what she will be thinking, "you spent what on a pocketbook???' and you have more than one???"

and that is exactly why I should insure them!! Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!!

Thanks for your guidance!!

9. Any items that are purchased- I photograph and fax to my insurance company to be placed in my file. My bags and accessories are fully covered in case there is a loss.

10. link-tified! is that a word? :confused1:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/hermes-wont-give-me-an-evaluation-insurance-purposes-188681.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/get-um-insured-187263.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/hermes-appraisers-where-to-find-189460.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/omg-birkin-kelly-insurance-18075.html

11. Thank you! Vernilover!!! :flowers: And link-tified! :okay: sounds good to me!

12. Thank you tPFer's - that is great information!!

13. Chubb will insure expensive handbags under a scheduled/valuable article floater policy, but many other insurance companies will not do so. HOWEVER, most are covered under the general homeowner policy IF one has photographs, bill of sale etc. Of course, this will be coverage that is less the deductible. I have USAA insurance (for active/retired/reserve military officers only). I have had LENGTHY discussions with them on this subject.

Nerja likes this.
  14. Thanks everyone for sharing. :flowers:

15. Both mine and my partners watches are named items on our policy as is my Birkin. On the morning I picked my bag up my other half called our insurers and he got them to put it on there. I then had to send them a copy of the receipt and now my bags insured for use outside the home as well so if it was damaged or stolen (:cry:smile: it would be covered

In the UK anything over £1500 has to be named on the policy or it will not be covered

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice