Food Dishwasher Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to say now that it calmed down a bit :smile: the only part of berryblonde's argument that i agreed with is the use of a ziploc. plastic is not rated for that high of a temperature and when it breaks down, its cancer causing. on that note, im curious to kno what ham on the street used. other than that it was a thread that started out fun and ended up going to some terrible places.

I want to try this sometime..it sounds really fun! The fish sounds great too..but I think the dishwasher part strikes me more. :P

^I agree with the ziploc part, but what DOESN'T cause cancer these days..??

^ When I heard about this before I think they made thick foil packets with LOTS of layers of aluminum foil instead of baggies. I've cooked fish in the oven that way and it comes out good :tup:...

i feel like it wouldnt be water tight enough though. i watched dave leiberman this weekend and he steamed fish in olive oil soaked brown paper bags. im gonna give that a try i think. the dishwasher idea (although interesting) is too scary for me :smile:

Does anyone think this would work with dirty dishes, lol? Say putting it on the top row w/ the glasses and sealing it like crazy? That would be good multitasking... but maybe a little scary.

Does anyone think this would work with dirty dishes, lol? Say putting it on the top row w/ the glasses and sealing it like crazy? That would be good multitasking... but maybe a little scary.
LOL I had the same thought! I really think it would be fine if you put in like 6 layers of foil and a freezer baggie or two :shrugs:

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

(((((voodoo)))))

I read the title of the thread and DH knew exactly what was going to be in your post! Then again he cooks a lot and I don't :s But his favorite way is baking or grilling while sealing the flavor in by wrapping the fish in foil. And we only eat fish that he catches...so specific :idea:

This thread cracks me up..... I think this probably would have all been avoided if they Food Network had posted a warning before the show stating "Do Not Try This At Home." Oh well...I'm sure making fish in the dishwasher was fun anyway!

:confused1: What the hell kinda fish is Tilapia? I hope that it's sustainable (:P)

Am glad it turned out ok, sounds like a good way to cook fish actually, must prevent that, oh yeah I cooked some Salmon about 3 weeks ago smell...

I think this is very similar to a French cooking technique Sous Vide. In fact different people has different temperature set in their hot water tank so I think it can be risky if someone has the tank set to low to save energy.

My heart aches to see people being called psycho/drama queen/crazy when they are just showing they care about the environment. I surely do think that this is the number 1 priority over anything else.

:confused1: What the hell kinda fish is Tilapia? I hope that it's sustainable (:P)
It's a mild white fish, but it can live in any kind of water so the taste REALLY varies depending on where the fish is from. It's okay, but it's not my favorite. I prefer halibut or cod, which are along the same line as tilapia, but tend to have a cleaner taste...

Status
Not open for further replies.