Food Dishwasher Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah see! <clap and cheer>

I must say.... I'm so glad to see this response!

My problem w/ the original response by Berry was her whole "you don't think" attitude. What she meant to say was, "You don't think like me". Well, yeah ... and SO?

Crylater I'm sure from an energy side there are plenty of more environmentally sound ways to make fish (I really kind of prefer them swimming cos they are pretty! :P).

Yeah I know what you mean, I would've been mad too if I was attacked with like that. It's a very creative idea to cook the fish like that I got to say but I did not mean in any moment to offend you with my post like Claire think I did. And I am soooo happy you dont think the same :tup:.

I am sure that you wanted to share your experience with us and it got all ugly and honestly I didnt wanna get involve and that is why I didnt post yesterday and today I just wanted to tell from my experience what is like to struggle over water. And now I am being attacked :s

Wow..can't believe some of the drama that goes on this forum. It's ridiculous.. :rolleyes:

agreed :tup:

but back on topic! OP i strayed away from this thread because i had no idea what the title meant and didnt want curiousity to get to the best of me but when I saw that it was 4 pages long i thought "dang that must be some good fish!" so I came in here! I was pleasantly surprised by what I read. I never would've thought to cook fish in a dishwasher and never in a million years would I think it would turn out yummy!! But I'm glad it did :tup:

thanks for sharing!

agreed :tup:

but back on topic! OP i strayed away from this thread because i had no idea what the title meant and didnt want curiousity to get to the best of me but when I saw that it was 4 pages long i thought "dang that must be some good fish!" so I came in here! I was pleasantly surprised by what I read. I never would've thought to cook fish in a dishwasher and never in a million years would I think it would turn out yummy!! But I'm glad it did :tup:

thanks for sharing!

:lol:

She's not talking about baking it, she's talking about steaming the fish versus running an entire dishwasher cycle (which wastes a TON of unnecessary water). I think her point is pretty obvious - if there is a more conservative and useful way of doing something, why not take that route? Regardless, I think people need to stop being so damn nasty to her, she even said she didn't mind the OP doing it as much as she was bothered by the fact that the Food Network promotes this kind of thing, so calling her a "psycho" is pretty unnecessary and downright mean.

I fully and completely comprehend that she's talking about steaming versus using the dishwasher, and not about baking. But that's not my point, not in the least.

My point is that cooking requires expending energy no matter how you do it, and it's pretty nagging and useless to criticize people for using one method over another. the method she used probably had a total energy usage that's commensurate with another VERY popular way of cooking fish - baking. If she went into a thread where someone was talking about baking fish and lit them up for their excessive use of energy the way she did in this thread, it would be absolutely ridiculous and we'd all realize that. I'm pretty sure that the Food Network also endorses the idea of baking fish, although it uses more energy than other alternatives, but we don't criticize them for that. People have the right to use whatever cooking methods they please, and it's unnecessary to berate someone over it.

I also don't think I ever called her a psycho, but if I did, I shouldn't have and I was wrong. But my point is still valid. Her energy consumption was not egregious for the act of COOKING something.

I cant believe this became an issue, OP just happily posted her new found way of cooking fish, Im sure when she was doing it she wasn't even thinking about our planet and the ass lashing she was going to get by posting it. Agree to disagree It's not for everyone. Oh and do you know how much energy we waste by using our computers daily??

I agree this is was a cute, funny thread and the OP didnt mean to get bashed.. she just wanted to share her experience, as we all do.. and we all have a right to on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.