What B Bag fits over the shoulder???

i can do a modeling pic with long handles but i must wait for the sun because it's rainy and grey in paris, the color of vert foncé is far from it's real beauty with flash. i unfortunately don't have the older version, can't do the comparison. but from what i've seen at the b shop, it's almost double. i'd say the old model of weekender handles give the same feeling as the city or work ones. the new weekender is much more comfortable than the work truffle 06 i have which took time to break in. my vert foncé weekender, i just put it on my coat without any trouble and it fit perfectly !!!!! amazing!!!!!

okay. here is an example of one of those new strange bags i was talking about

its totally authentic, its a weekender. and it has these what looks to me like
extra long handles. Seems like balenciaga may have increased the handle drop on some bags... any info??? I do know that my SA last year had said that may happen on some of the larger bags, can this be true??
attachment.php

Attachments

• handles.jpg
    handles.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 639
here is my 05 weekender.. its a different angle, but the handles are much shorter..

and the violet 07

attachment.php

attachment.php

its a pretty big difference. dont you think?

even tho the longer handles will fit the shoulder better, i prefer the proportion of the original.

Attachments

• handles2.jpg
    handles2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 535
  • handles.jpg
    handles.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 536
toni, it could be possible... Maybe someone can ask a knowledgeable SA?

yes i think we should definitely get the bottom of it, cause it was one of the ways that i would authenticate bags.. the longer handles do show up on a lot of the fakes..

so i would hate it if people were mistakingly thinking authentic bags were fake if they are indeed real, but with a new handle drop.

i will make a call tomorrow.

i do know that on the weekenders, the mens weekender did have a longer handle, but they also had pewter hardware. that violet weekender seems to have brass, but with the mens handle drop

yes i think we should definitely get the bottom of it, cause it was one of the ways that i would authenticate bags.. the longer handles do show up on a lot of the fakes..

so i would hate it if people were mistakingly thinking authentic bags were fake if they are indeed real, but with a new handle drop.

^^ ITA, that's always been one of the biggest red flags!!!...i remember seeing some RH works on an online retail site a few months ago w/larger handles...and i was concerned about authenticity because of it ...the only b-bags out there with larger handles that i've ever seen were the GH bags & the men's WE...judging by danae's beautiful new black work, they've obviously extended the length on some...i'm just curious to know whether that's the new norm on works & WE's :shrugs:

I am surprised (and baffled how) the handles stretch over time. Hard to tell from the photo, but my new tomato city handles are still a perfect arc and my broken in black city handles are well, broken in! It helps too when the frame starts to soften - I can finally get this puppy over my shoulder without a coat:tup: Still takes two hands and a little squeeze...

Longer handled bags are starting to look weird to me too! Never thought I would hold a bag right under my armpit, but once I got used to it, I find that I like the weight distribution better!

Attachments

• IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 193
^do you love-and-hate them like i do? i suppose the frame does ultimately soften, like some of those owned by celebrities (i'm assuming their bags are authentic, haha). i just seldom wear my city on the shoulders by the handles. i believe that wearing the city by the strap more often would help to break-in the frame.

how'd it go?

my work's from aloharag.

It's strange with the RH having such different length handles. I remember when the GH was released the handles were longer on the City's and they are longer on the men's work. I'm don't recall if the other GH bags had the longer handles.

I took some pictures of my truffle work 2006 handles compared to my vert foncé weekender 2007/3 handles. As you can see, balenciaga has been very generous with our armpits!!! :smile: the obvious difference between the two models shows how comfortable it is to wear the new weekender over a coat in winter!!! i really appreciate these extra centimeters.:tup:

Attachments

• IMG_1941.JPG
    IMG_1941.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 838
  • IMG_1940.JPG
    IMG_1940.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1943.JPG
    IMG_1943.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 231
i agree with you realdeal, in summer it's a dangerous zone because of the sweat and in winter, it's three times thicker because of the pull-over and the coat. :smile: i just put the shoulder strap on my twiggy, at first i liked it without and now i find it lovely with the slouchy form. it's almost like having a brand new bag.