Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

If you had a brand new one would you use an insert from the beginning or no? I like it without one but don’t want it to lose its shape
Without going too far OT, it's a soft bag and is not meant to have a lot of structure, so that it can mold to your body. If you want a stiffer Evelyne you might want to see if they are still available in Madame or Epsom, etc. They don't tend to "lose shape" per se though.
Beyond that, it's really a matter of choice w/ an Evelyne - I don't usually worry about protecting the interior of unlined bags, and some people like/don't like seeing the insert through the perforations, especially if they wear the bag with the "H" outside.

Without going too far OT, it's a soft bag and is not meant to have a lot of structure, so that it can mold to your body. If you want a stiffer Evelyne you might want to see if they are still available in Madame or Epsom, etc. They don't tend to "lose shape" per se though.
Beyond that, it's really a matter of choice w/ an Evelyne - I don't usually worry about protecting the interior of unlined bags, and some people like/don't like seeing the insert through the perforations, especially if they wear the bag with the "H" outside.
Thank you! I love the shape and feel so have decided to go no insert, but appreciate all the suggestions here in case needed in the future

Hi! I’m so sorry as I’m sure this has been answered a dozen times … but does anyone have the answer for what is the best insert and compartment for Birkin 35’s and 30’s? I want something to protect the inside of the bag from my wallet, lipstick, sunscreen (I know) … I would appreciate it very much :smile: Thank you!
I know they are very expensive but I have tried them all and had some bad experiences. For my Hermes, I use 7rp. They are hands down the best imo. For other brands, I have good luck with Zoomoni too.

Do you think a MaiTai insert would be good for my "new" vintage box 30 in noisette? I shouldn't store it with it inside though right? Thx

great to know thx; I'm gonna order one then! If I just store it standing up with bubble wrap inside, will that help the slight dip in the front? thx!
View attachment 5991825
I would personally use a pillow, or stuff with soft acid-free cloths, as it's a better shape than bubble wrap (also, personally I do not like plastic off-gassing inside my bags).
is this a good one for it? LINEN COLLECTIONCOGNAC/TOILEYour bag: B30 / Birkin & are these better than rue 7 or the felt samorga ones? thx
I like these and also the slightly stiffer ones like the Gaultier fabric. The pure linen ones are SO soft that eventually they can lose a bit of shape.
I can't speak to 7RP, because I think they are overpriced, and I tried felt inserts and don't love them. YMMV :smile:

Reactions: Sharifshopping
I would personally use a pillow, or stuff with soft acid-free cloths, as it's a better shape than bubble wrap (also, personally I do not like plastic off-gassing inside my bags).

I like these and also the slightly stiffer ones like the Gaultier fabric. The pure linen ones are SO soft that eventually they can lose a bit of shape.
I can't speak to 7RP, because I think they are overpriced, and I tried felt inserts and don't love them. YMMV :smile:
Thx any recs for a pillow to use? Good point about bubble wrap. Ok I’ll check out the gaultier fabric as well. Yes the 7rp is so expensive wow 🤯

I know they are very expensive but I have tried them all and had some bad experiences. For my Hermes, I use 7rp. They are hands down the best imo. For other brands, I have good luck with Zoomoni too.
I agree - I had a little sticker shop when I looked at the 7RP Birkin inserts but compared to the price of the bag, I was willing to go for it. It’s been great so far in terms of protecting the inside and keeping its shape. For my Evelyne I went with one from Etsy that @themk888 recommended and it’s great so far.

I bought both. No complaints, both fit beautifully. Full disclosure- I’m a big 7RP fan. MaiTai, Samorga, etc., never work for me and I rather pay the 7RP premium vs. putting another cheaper insert into my graveyard of inserts that I never use.

I have sold a few H bags that didn’t work for me and have always been able sell the 7RP inserts on eBay as they always look pristine even after use.
Just curious what makes the 7RP better than the maitai and others?