Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

You can find them here
I can't help with the Bolide question though.
Thank you. I looked at hers and they are very closed at the top so opted for one on Amazon. I didn’t think she me ever had a Bolide or dome bag before bc they do open wider when unzipped.

Reactions: Tonimichelle
For anyone considering a Mini Lindy insert from Amazon, I ordered a DGAZ and a KINGS IN BAG to see which would fit better. I didn’t want a felt insert because I didn’t want the bulk in such a small bag. I was surprised to find that they were identical, the only difference being the branding. They were both approximately the same price, around $45ea. DGAZ was 10% off, KIB was 20% off so I kept that. It’s not as beautiful as a MaiTai insert, but it fits well, doesn’t take up precious real estate, and serves its purpose. I would have wanted a brighter color but didn’t want to wait for a custom order.

Attachments

• IMG_1885.jpeg
    IMG_1885.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1886.jpeg
    IMG_1886.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1888.jpeg
    IMG_1888.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 24
Hi. Where does Mai Tai sell her inserts? And does it keep the structure in the corners of the Bolide? Thank you.
My Bolide 30 is Epsom (my only Epsom bag) and doesn’t need structure. Larger Bolides in soft leathers like Clémence aren’t meant to be structured. I think this kind of soft insert only helps a little anyway - it’s meant to shape to the bag and not vice versa.

Reactions: Pivoine66
Hi! I’m so sorry as I’m sure this has been answered a dozen times … but does anyone have the answer for what is the best insert and compartment for Birkin 35’s and 30’s? I want something to protect the inside of the bag from my wallet, lipstick, sunscreen (I know) … I would appreciate it very much :smile: Thank you!

Hi! I’m so sorry as I’m sure this has been answered a dozen times … but does anyone have the answer for what is the best insert and compartment for Birkin 35’s and 30’s? I want something to protect the inside of the bag from my wallet, lipstick, sunscreen (I know) … I would appreciate it very much :smile: Thank you!
I found reading this thread very helpful, and would encourage everyone to go through it before deciding what’s best for them. Some very helpful comments.

I now have experience with 3 different inserts. I’d hesitate to say one’s better than the other….they are different in their style and construction as well as price.
To answer your question, I have a Mai Tai for my Togo B30. If I find myself owning another Birkin in the future (doubtful), I’d buy another Mai Tai insert. But I went a different direction for my other H bags, and no regrets.

Reactions: miss mitzi
Update: I bit the bullet and got a Evelyne TPM insert from WhiteFox as I was impressed with what a great job she did on the Mini Lindy insert.
View attachment 5944431
I went with one with a zipper but no internal pockets, given how narrow the bag already was, and because I wanted some security for my commuting.
View attachment 5944432

I chose Rose Cloud as I fell in love with the shade and decided I wanted a different colour insert to the Gold leather to create some contrast, and I think it worked perfectly.
View attachment 5944436
Since I had continued using the Etsy insert while waiting, there is still some indentation on the bag - I’m not sure if that will ever go away, but I’m hoping that the thinner linen insert will go some way to ameliorating this. Only time will tell I guess!
View attachment 5944435
Given that I chose an insert with a zipper, I decided that I would leave most of the items in the organiser loose, rather than bulking them up with superfluous pouches to categorise items.

I’ve also included some comparisons with the old insert. The linen is definitely of better construction compared to the thick felt.

View attachment 5944434View attachment 5944433
Can you link the one you purchased please? Having trouble finding it. Thanks!

Can you link the one you purchased please? Having trouble finding it. Thanks!
I am a fan of the Whitefox inserts. Soft, not too structured, and wonderfully made. Here are some pictures of my E29 with the insert. The only thing I’ve learned is that clemence leather wants to collapse in. So any insert does raise the risk of creating creases on your leather. So I’ve opted to store my E29 without any insert.

Pic 1 - insert which beautifully follows the natural curve of the base.
Pic 2 - bag lying flat
Pic 3 - bag with insert lying flat. Note the bulging at the top. I should add when the bag is carried vertically, this bulge is less noticeable, but still present.

In summary, whitefox is great, but be aware that Clemence leather can be unforgiving with inserts.

IMG_4650.jpeg
IMG_4652.jpegIMG_4654.jpeg

Reactions: peony girl
I am a fan of the Whitefox inserts. Soft, not too structured, and wonderfully made. Here are some pictures of my E29 with the insert. The only thing I’ve learned is that clemence leather wants to collapse in. So any insert does raise the risk of creating creases on your leather. So I’ve opted to store my E29 without any insert.

Pic 2 - bag lying flat
Pic 3 - bag with insert lying flat. Note the bulging at the top. I should add when the bag is carried vertically, this bulge is less noticeable, but still present.

In summary, whitefox is great, but be aware that Clemence leather can be unforgiving with inserts.

View attachment 5987370
View attachment 5987371View attachment 5987372
I wouldn't store ANY bag with its insert inside no matter how soft that insert is, unless I were actively looking to alter its shape.

I do have one Clemence Evelyne PM stored with an insert inside, but it is hanging to prevent the above creasing. The insert is helping to restore a touch of structure to a bag that's had a lot of life. Generally though, storing with inserts will result in marks - even in less soft leathers. Some bag structures *might* be immune to this, but I would not test it.

Pic 2 - bag lying flat

View attachment 5987370
View attachment 5987371View attachment 5987372
Hm this is what I was worried about with the white fox one - the measurements didn’t seem tall enough for it but I was hoping the measurement was inaccurate. Not sure why it wouldn’t be made a few cms taller to fit better?

I wouldn't store ANY bag with its insert inside no matter how soft that insert is, unless I were actively looking to alter its shape.

I do have one Clemence Evelyne PM stored with an insert inside, but it is hanging to prevent the above creasing. The insert is helping to restore a touch of structure to a bag that's had a lot of life. Generally though, storing with inserts will result in marks - even in less soft leathers. Some bag structures *might* be immune to this, but I would not test it.
Which insert are you using for your pm? Just got mine in the mail and it’s beautiful, but so soft and clearly going to use its shape quickly