2024 Resolution: Shopping my own Bag and SLG Collection

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (9 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them by color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2023) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 11: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 18: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 25: Purple & Pink

Mar. 3: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 10: Green

Mar. 17: Black

Mar. 24: Gray

Mar. 31: White & Cream

Apr. 7: Brown & Tan

Apr. 14: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 21: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 28: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation

My black bags,
  • Louis Vuitton Noir Epi Passy GM
  • Celine Black Small Cabas Phantom with Belt
  • Chanel Black Reissue 226 Aged Calf Ruthenium Hardware
  • Louis Vuitton Noir Denim Neo Cabby MM
  • Celine Black Medium Classic Box
  • Chanel 15P Black Patent Coco Shine Small Flap
  • Chanel Black Caviar O Case Double Pouch
  • Vintage Coret Black Snakeskin Clutch (handed down from my MIL)
  • Tory Burch Black Dena Foldover Messenger Bag
71BBF9C0-C048-4784-ACB0-F40DA373AF73.jpeg

• Celine Black Small Cabas Phantom with Belt
  • Chanel Black Reissue 226 Aged Calf Ruthenium Hardware
  • Vintage Black Coret Snakeskin Clutch
  • Chanel 15P Black Patent Coco Shine Small Flap
  • Chanel Black Caviar Wallet on Chain Gold Hardware
  • Gucci Black Soho Disco
9BA318A3-FC0C-4C17-BBA5-7EBBAEB87794.jpeg
Gorgeous collection of black bags :loveeyes: !

• Thanks
Reactions: More bags
So, fun news. I’ve developed a couple of small ganglion cysts in my left pointer finger where my daily rings usually sit.

Fortunately I can wear my usual ring stack on my right pointer finger. (They are a tad snug, probably cannot wear them in the summer).
However this has made me seriously consider buying any more fine jewelry rings. As ganglion cysts can come and go and generally any repetitive pressure usually makes it worse or re-appear (they are slowly decreasing in size now), I will probably not wear any rings on my left pointer finger again.

But, on the bright side, I suppose that lets me reallocate my money and wishlist items to other items like bags lol. I tried on the Gucci Ancora Jackie and it was stunning! But…still want to think about it for a bit. I’ll be going to Las Vegas at the end of June. It’ll be a great way to check out all the brands since stock is usually good there. :amuse:

Hey Purse Peeps - I’m jumping back in because I need accountability!

My relationship to my wardrobe has really shifted. Originally, I thought this was a short term reaction to seismic impacts: 2020/Covid, becoming an empty nester, Mr. Sparkle’s health issues, my own brain tumor surgery, etc.

Nope! I’m a changed woman! :lol: When it comes to my wardrobe, the only category I’m still passionate about “collecting” is fine jewelry and I’ve lost 80% of my interest in handbags. :shrugs:

But, it’s hard to get rid of bags I spent so much time hunting / talking about / coveting despite some of them no longer serving me or sparking joy.

So my 2024 (better late than never) goals:

• Sell one or more Chanel jumbos (they just bore me to tears)
• Sell gold Chanel Boy (it’s too big and boxy for my frame)
• Sell navy Gucci Dionysus mini (I’m tired of struggling with its impractical size)
• Limit additional jewelry purchases to no more than 2 more pieces this year. (It’s only 2.5 months into the year and I’m already at 5. Yes, I do wear all of them. :biggrin: But, I still think it’s time for a pause.)
• Overhaul the dresses in my wardrobe as I need more casual dresses that have style impact.

Anyone else struggling to sell bags that no longer serve them?

My relationship to my wardrobe has really shifted. Originally, I thought this was a short term reaction to seismic impacts: 2020/Covid, becoming an empty nester, Mr. Sparkle’s health issues, my own brain tumor surgery, etc.

Nope! I’m a changed woman! :lol: When it comes to my wardrobe, the only category I’m still passionate about “collecting” is fine jewelry and I’ve lost 80% of my interest in handbags. :shrugs:

But, it’s hard to get rid of bags I spent so much time hunting / talking about / coveting despite some of them no longer serving me or sparking joy.

• Sell navy Gucci Dionysus mini (I’m tired of struggling with its impractical size)
• Limit additional jewelry purchases to no more than 2 more pieces this year. (It’s only 2.5 months into the year and I’m already at 5. Yes, I do wear all of them. :biggrin: But, I still think it’s time for a pause.)
• Overhaul the dresses in my wardrobe as I need more casual dresses that have style impact.

Welcome Back!

I don't have a lot of bags in my collection but in general, with my parents being hoarders, I'm usually okay with letting things go.

When I resold my bags that I bough pre-loved pre-pandemic, it was a little difficult to let go at first. They were some of the earliest bags I bought at a fantastic steal. (Back when the pre-loved market was 40-50% off in excellent condition) But in the end, because I no longer reached for them, I sold them and broke even or even made profit. Never regretted selling them.

Bags that I bought right before the pandemic or during the pandemic at full price were a little harder to let go. Mostly because I knew they would be a loss. I really also disliked selling a bag that was bought relatively recently (within 1-2 years of purchasing), because that meant I made kind of a bad decision or didn't think thoroughly enough. But also did not regret selling them when they were gone.

Now I'm over selling and would rather give away than sell. Even when places like TRR handle most things for me, the amount I get back can be pretty terrible. After 2022, I decided that I would no longer sell my bags. I will try my best to make thoughtful purchases (praying lol) so I don't end up not liking or not using a bag. And if I fell out of love with a bag, I would give it away.

I have to vent/cry a little today:
Last week I got weak and bought a really beautiful Loewe compact Hammock bag for an incredibly good price (almost 40% off). The bag arrived and it was in great condition and I really loved the look of it. So I tried it on and for some reason I did not find a comfortable way for me to wear it :frown: .

I love how versatile and creative this bag is, but still in whichever way I styled it, it was either too small for my items, too open to walk with it in crowded areas, too uncomfortable to wear crossbody (strap too short) or too small for my hands for handcarrying it. And I also don't like to carry it on my shoulder as the strap does slip off. Uggggh :blah:! I am not a big/tall person, but this bag seems to be made for very petite women. This caused a lot of frustration on my part. I so wanted this bag to work for me! I feel like this is an amazing bag for instagram photos (I don't do instagram), but it is NOT a very practical bag at all!!!

I was disappointed. Yet still for the past 2 days I argued with myself whether to keep it (because it is so pretty and I love Loewe leather and the color, and the feel of it and the great price etc. etc.). I had 2 sleepless nights even with anxiety attacks because I actually wanted to downsize my collection but yet got another bag that was even with 40% off still very expensive and I actually should use the money for other more useful things....:panic:

So this morning with a heavy heart I decided to send it back, because it was the sensible decision and I don't want any more sleepless nights thinking about it. So I packed it up and brought it to the post office. Now I feel relieved somehow but also sad that I had to let it go.:crybaby:

How awful is it that such an item does that with me? I really need to learn from this experience and shift my focus on to more important things and stick to my goal of downsizing. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Last week I got weak and bought a really beautiful Loewe compact Hammock bag for an incredibly good price (almost 40% off). The bag arrived and it was in great condition and I really loved the look of it. So I tried it on and for some reason I did not find a comfortable way for me to wear it :frown: .

I love how versatile and creative this bag is, but still in whichever way I styled it, it was either too small for my items, too open to walk with it in crowded areas, too uncomfortable to wear crossbody (strap too short) or too small for my hands for handcarrying it. And I also don't like to carry it on my shoulder as the strap does slip off. Uggggh :blah:! I am not a big/tall person, but this bag seems to be made for very petite women. This caused a lot of frustration on my part. I so wanted this bag to work for me! I feel like this is an amazing bag for instagram photos (I don't do instagram), but it is NOT a very practical bag at all!!!

I was disappointed. Yet still for the past 2 days I argued with myself whether to keep it (because it is so pretty and I love Loewe leather and the color, and the feel of it and the great price etc. etc.). I had 2 sleepless nights even with anxiety attacks because I actually wanted to downsize my collection but yet got another bag that was even with 40% off still very expensive and I actually should use the money for other more useful things....:panic:

So this morning with a heavy heart I decided to send it back, because it was the sensible decision and I don't want any more sleepless nights thinking about it. So I packed it up and brought it to the post office. Now I feel relieved somehow but also sad that I had to let it go.:crybaby:

How awful is it that such an item does that with me? I really need to learn from this experience and shift my focus on to more important things and stick to my goal of downsizing. :facepalm:
You did the right thing. I don't like having bags that don't work for me. I don't want to keep them in my space no matter the price. Space for me is very important. At least you realized this before the return date expired. I have kept things to long trying to figure out a way to make them work and then had to sell.

Agree with @dcooney4 , you did the right thing. And it's okay that it didn't work out. At least you recognized it and acknowledged it.
The worst is when we try to make it work and regret about it later lol.

You can always still love the bag even if it doesn't work for you. I do that all the time haha.

You did the right thing. I don't like having bags that don't work for me. I don't want to keep them in my space no matter the price. Space for me is very important. At least you realized this before the return date expired. I have kept things to long trying to figure out a way to make them work and then had to sell.
Thank you, space is very important to me as well, I hate when I have too much stuff, and every bag needs to be considered well as it takes up space in my bedroom. Another reason I need to downsize more as the IKEA shelf is already busy.
Agree with @dcooney4 , you did the right thing. And it's okay that it didn't work out. At least you recognized it and acknowledged it.
The worst is when we try to make it work and regret about it later lol.

You can always still love the bag even if it doesn't work for you. I do that all the time haha.
Thank you, this was mentally challenging for me to let go but I am glad I did. And you are right, there are just bags that do not work out for us. In my imagination this was the perfect bag for me, but in the end that was a misconception :-s.

I feel I've been moving towards losing 80% of my interest in handbags for the last couple years - then boom, I fall in love with some new bags! I still feel that way but we just went to Las Vegas where I bought 3 bags in 2 days. When we came home, I pulled out about 10 bags to sell, listed about 7 of them, waffled on the others, and sold 2 right away. I still struggle to sell bags I'm going to take a big loss on. The two that sold were bags I knew I would make a profit on.

Part of my motivation is to get rid of the more expensive items before next year when I'll have to report the sales on my taxes. I'm spreading my sales around different sites so I don't reach the maximum but next year, with the $600 limit, one or two items will put me over the limit. I'm wondering if I should get rid of my collectible items before then even though I still really love them.