Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

Ootd with jacket from 23s View attachment 5968347and my new jacket from 24s
Love the button
View attachment 5968348View attachment 5968349
Love both jackets. The silhouette of the first one is the same shape as my first Chanel jacket that I bought at 57th st, in 2001. I still have it and still adore it. I remember the style of jacket with waist tie from a rubinacci jacket from 1991. I’m so glad to see both types again bc I think the cut of both is so flattering. :smile:

• Love
Reactions: DR2014 and Joke
This question goes out to folks who shop in NYC Chanel RTW, do you have a preference for boutique vs department store shopping? At home I only have access to freestanding boutiques; my local department store does not carry RTW. I visited the 57th store first and found it very nice but somehow when I visited Bloomingdale’s everything just clicked. I found items that I loved at first sight, in my size and a super helpful SA. (I will post pics later if I have time ) Anyways, I just wanted to know if it really matters one way or the other? Just wanted to know if I am missing something.

Last edited:
This question goes out to folks who shop in NYC Chanel RTW, do you have a preference for boutique vs department store shopping? At home I only have access to freestanding boutiques; my local department stores do not carry RTW. I visited the 57th store first and found it very nice but somehow when I visited Bloomingdale’s everything just clicked. I found items that I loved at first sight, in my size and a super helpful SA. (I will post pics later if I have time ) Anyways, I just wanted to know if it really matters one way or the other? Just wanted to know if I am missing something.
I'm in the UK so no direct experience (although we have department stores and boutiques) but I'd say go with the person you clicked with! If you have a good relationship, they can go out of their way to find you things.

I'm in the UK so no direct experience (although we have department stores and boutiques) but I'd say go with the person you clicked with! If you have a good relationship, they can go out of their way to find you things.
Yeah, going with the best SA regardless of store format was my gut feeling as well. Although I am usually more of a spontaneous in-store shopper (I like buying what is in stock) so looking for hard to find things would not really be high on my list of priorities. I really just boils down to time, convenience and my own immediate gratification purposes 😜 Thanks for your input!

I was interested in the cardigan from look 40. But my SA said it was a caban of 6400 euro. However i definitely see a cardigan under the caban, no?
View attachment 5967201

I was told $6950 for the cardigan, so it does exist. It's cashmere and alpaca so I am waiting for confirmation that it's not itchy. My SA said it could be worn with a thin top underneath. I'm only 5'1" and generally a 44, so unlikely that it could be altered for me to wear without anything underneath. I'm leaning towards not ordering it as it's such a specific color relative to the rest of my wardrobe that it'll reduce the amount I'd wear it...and getting very hard to justify at this price point.

This question goes out to folks who shop in NYC Chanel RTW, do you have a preference for boutique vs department store shopping? At home I only have access to freestanding boutiques; my local department store does not carry RTW. I visited the 57th store first and found it very nice but somehow when I visited Bloomingdale’s everything just clicked. I found items that I loved at first sight, in my size and a super helpful SA. (I will post pics later if I have time ) Anyways, I just wanted to know if it really matters one way or the other? Just wanted to know if I am missing something.
I don’t shop in NYC but just FYI Chanel is stepping away from some department stores altogether (I can’t speak this being a global movement or not but is actively the case in my local market in the U.S.)

I was told $6950 for the cardigan, so it does exist. It's cashmere and alpaca so I am waiting for confirmation that it's not itchy. My SA said it could be worn with a thin top underneath. I'm only 5'1" and generally a 44, so unlikely that it could be altered for me to wear without anything underneath. I'm leaning towards not ordering it as it's such a specific color relative to the rest of my wardrobe that it'll reduce the amount I'd wear it...and getting very hard to justify at this price point.
That will be a no for me. The price is just too high for a cardigan. Quel dommage ☹️

• Wow
Reactions: Tina_Bina and DILF
Some other 23K pricing that made my eyes water:

- Look 14 is classified as a jacket and $10,250 w iridescent cashmere tweed
- Look 19 also classified as (knit) jacket, $8600 (this price point was surprising as it doesn't appear to have buttons just a zip)
- Look 6 is Fantasy tweed jacket $10,300
- Look 51 is Wool tweed blouson, $9200

I was interested in look 47 blue turtleneck which I was warned is "not very soft" which is a deal breaker for me...I was super surprised to see that turtleneck is $4300, although it's not super basic I was surprised to see it over $4K. The pink turtleneck in look 12 is $3150. It seems the knits are also really creeping up on price, most of the turtlenecks I've purchased over the last couple of years were around $2K I believe - living in the midwest I'm a huge turtleneck fan.

I'm still working through my options, but hadn't planned on getting a jacket unless something really captured my heart, as I like lots of the bags and haven't felt that way in some time. Plus many of the jackets looked oversized which is problematic for my frame. Some of the pricing on the knits is just :shocked:.

Interested on what other people are reserving.

I picked up my long awaited pants from my local boutique today! So happy that now I have the jacket and the matching pants🤩

I was also able to exchange the sandals that I purchased in my regular size that were too big. I went half size down and they were perfect and very comfortable.

Here is a photo of the pants I picked up today as well as a photo of when I wore the jacket paired with jeans, and a photo of this set on Chanel website! I love how versatile this set is!

Attachments

• IMG_2171.jpeg
    IMG_2171.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1798.jpeg
    IMG_1798.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0478.jpeg
    IMG_0478.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
I picked up my long awaited pants from my local boutique today! So happy that now I have the jacket and the matching pants🤩

I was also able to exchange the sandals that I purchased in my regular size that were too big. I went half size down and they were perfect and very comfortable.

Here is a photo of the pants I picked up today as well as a photo of when I wore the jacket paired with jeans, and a photo of this set on Chanel website! I love how versatile this set is!

You look amazing! I overlooked this jacket until I’ve seen it on you - it’s such a gorgeous cut!