CHAT about Balenciaga Finds

@haisley Was this the 2nd Seafoam Twiggy you had an issue with and returned?
So there are TWO Seafoam Twiggys on eBay - Linda's one and Japanese eBay one.

The ring holder was broken on Linda's* and the handles on this Japanese one have been replaced.

Japanese eBay SF Twiggy: @haisley kindly told me/encouraged me to look closer at the photos because the rivets were not original (and apparently IRL it was very noticeable/they looked bigger) after I had bought the Japanese eBay one... and then I was able to cancel the order quickly after.

*If memory serves, that was the issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: haisley
@haisley Was this the 2nd Seafoam Twiggy you had an issue with and returned?

The ring holder was broken on Linda's* and the handles on this Japanese one have been replaced.

@hailsy kindly told me/encouraged me to look closer at the photos because the rivets were not original (and apparently IRL it was very noticeable/they looked bigger) after I had bought the Japanese eBay one... and then cancelled the order.

if it were cheap enough, I'd consider buying it! :lol:

I think it is

image-3-9-24-at-9-50-am-jpeg.5963276
Yes! Handles have been completely replaced on this bag.

@hailsy kindly told me/encouraged me to look closer at the photos because the rivets were not original (and apparently IRL it was very noticeable/they looked bigger) after I had bought the Japanese eBay one... and then cancelled the order.

On the Linda’s Seafoam Twiggy, the side ring where the strap goes is tearing off the bag.

if it were cheap enough, I'd consider buying it! :lol:
Tell them what you know about it and they will likely come down!

The Japan seller is amazing to work with and super friendly. About to post another bag I purchased from them that just arrived. This Twiggy is in way better condition IMO if you can get over the handles. :smile:

Last edited:
The one haisley had was actually damaged and coming apart.

Honestly I think these are original handles, though the rivet/stud has been replaced.

Please don't enable me to want to re-order it. :coolio::lol:

I think @haisley had said they'd been completely replaced
If you zoom in, you can see the edge paint doesn't match and I think the laces are a different color than the bag originally came with

Image 3-9-24 at 11.22 AM.jpegImage 3-9-24 at 11.24 AM.jpeg

The one haisley had was actually damaged and coming apart.

Honestly I think these are original handles, though the rivet/stud has been replaced.
I’ll attach a few pics here too so you all can take a closer look at the handles. They did a decent job on the leather color matching, but the handles are a lighter shade than the bag itself and the edge coat doesn’t match the rest of the bag. The cord was also not original and stitching is wider spaced and looked brand new.

EDIT: Another difference I noticed. Grabbed the Twiggies I have and counted the # of cord holes on a handle and they each have 17. These handles have 20.

IMG_0407.jpeg

IMG_0409.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ll attach a few pics here too so you all can take a closer look at the handles. They did a decent job on the leather color matching, but the handles are a lighter shade than the bag itself and the edge coat doesn’t match the rest of the bag. The cord was also not original and stitching is wider spaced than an original and looked brand new.

View attachment 5963347

View attachment 5963337

It amazes me that someone went to all that work to repair/preserve the bag and then turned around and sold it
I bet they spent more on the repair than this bag is currently selling for
Unless the reseller got the bag for next to nothing, made the repairs just to resell it at cost

I’ll attach a few pics here too so you all can take a closer look at the handles. They did a decent job on the leather color matching, but the handles are a lighter shade than the bag itself and the edge coat doesn’t match the rest of the bag. The cord was also not original and stitching is wider spaced and looked brand new.
Thank you for reminding me!

... holding strong over here. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: haisley
I don’t know if I should feel bad for the poor person dumping their rare and amazing condition MU clutches for the RealReal to sell at such low prices or be happy for the person who scored these gems. Insanely low prices for pewter hardware AND one rare color too!!
It is mind blowing…

I was bummed to have missed this one
I saw the others, but I don't remember seeing this one listed

Image 3-9-24 at 11.46 AM.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: protein_

EDIT: Another difference I noticed. Grabbed the Twiggies I have and counted the # of cord holes on a handle and they each have 17. These handles have 20.

View attachment 5963347

View attachment 5963337

Then God bless them for a job so well done. :lol: