CHAT about Balenciaga Finds

The rest of the bag looks fetch.

Fetch Mean Girls GIF by Paramount Movies

I’ll attach a few pics here too so you all can take a closer look at the handles. They did a decent job on the leather color matching, but the handles are a lighter shade than the bag itself and the edge coat doesn’t match the rest of the bag. The cord was also not original and stitching is wider spaced and looked brand new.

EDIT: Another difference I noticed. Grabbed the Twiggies I have and counted the # of cord holes on a handle and they each have 17. These handles have 20.

View attachment 5963347

View attachment 5963337

Hmm, thats interesting
I wonder if the handles are the same size because it doesn't look like the cords are any closer together than on official Twiggy bags

5011 is a Murier, which is darker purple pink like in this https://www.yoogiscloset.com/554988-balenciaga-murier-lambskin-leather-giant-21-part-time-bag.html

So what is this, very very faded Murier ? (I am very worried about the light in the photos because I was scammed by Payee and some seller there for Bottega Veneta bag which was so light in pics identical to Ciel in the photos and I got darker blue. Pretty it is but not what I wanted)
I think the first 3 photos have been heavily lit. The color looks more true in the other photos.

I’ll attach a few pics here too so you all can take a closer look at the handles. They did a decent job on the leather color matching, but the handles are a lighter shade than the bag itself and the edge coat doesn’t match the rest of the bag. The cord was also not original and stitching is wider spaced and looked brand new.

EDIT: Another difference I noticed. Grabbed the Twiggies I have and counted the # of cord holes on a handle and they each have 17. These handles have 20.

View attachment 5963347

View attachment 5963337
Handle color reminds me of Maldives, which is similar at first glance to Seafoam but just with more blue than green.

• Insightful
Reactions: haisley
07 Anthracite City...

Leather looks gorgeous. Anthracite became a regular in the Bal lineup, but the original S/S 07 anthracite is most special to me.

Don’t know what the deal is with the shipping charges.

Note leather split/tear in handles.

Reasonably priced 2012 Lagon City (no mirror)

View attachment 5964228
Just a heads up that this seller has listed/sold painted bags before. It's hard to get a good look at the leather in these photos, but color settling on the plastic cover of the silver plate tag is a bit concerning.

1710122127717.png

Just a heads up that this seller has listed/sold painted bags before. It's hard to get a good look at the leather in these photos, but color settling on the plastic cover of the silver plate tag is a bit concerning.

View attachment 5964273
I have a Lagon and IMO this bag has been recolored- it has that smooth, almost matte look of a dyed bag (and K tags were very veiny and crinkly) and the underside of the tag looks like paint is fading/flaking.
1710124254193.png
(And something about that seller skeeves me; the profile pics are often of a very, uh, shapely woman, and then there's this quote: "Too many bags too little time to use it. Guess this is what happens when your daddy loves you" :shocked:
You're daddy buys you a cache of worn and faded 14 year old bags??)

• Wow
Reactions: haisley and Deco
Great deal on this Giant Besace Hobo
Gonna guess its from a tPFer (who purchased it from A Real Deal)

Giant HW Besaces in an Olive green and Black Cherry (unsure of exact colours/years)...

I can’t believe that Besace purchased from Corey is still there! :wtf:

Can’t tell by the photos whether this is 03 or 04 green. Looks a bit more 04 to me but I’m no good at telling the greens apart in photos. I’m on an iPad and don’t really see the black edges….looks like shadows to me.

• Insightful
Reactions: protein_