JAN/FEB our new Bal acquisitions!

Maroon Whipstitch City from F/W 2016. I expected to take a look and feel and quickly return this, but it’s a keeper. Somehow the photos made the leather look stiff and unremarkable/unpettable. Not so. The leather is soft and pliable, baby’s bottom soft.

Color is impossible to capture. It’s halfway between brown and burgundy red. I was surprised to find that the short stitches are metal (long vertical ones in the sides are thread).

View attachment 5953631View attachment 5953632
REALLY LOVE how you experiment and explore all of the varietals of Bal Bags - you're very adventurous!
This one looks particularly intriguing, I never would have guessed those "picks" or stitches were metal :smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: Deco
REALLY LOVE how you experiment and explore all of the varietals of Bal Bags - you're very adventurous!
This one looks particularly intriguing, I never would have guessed those "picks" or stitches were metal :smile:
I’m drawn to the quirky styles. I generally love all the motorcycle styles in leather, but learned over time that some don't work for me. The City is a safe bet. I wasn't sure the leather on this was going to impress, but it's uniquely lovely. The only other bags that have leather this silky soft are my Village, Metallic Marine, and an old hideous non-moto style I can't part with only because of the yummy leather.

I’m drawn to the quirky styles. I generally love all the motorcycle styles in leather, but learned over time that some don't work for me. The City is a safe bet. I wasn't sure the leather on this was going to impress, but it's uniquely lovely. The only other bags that have leather this silky soft are my Village, Metallic Marine, and an old hideous non-moto style I can't part with only because of the yummy leather.
Which hideosity?

Now you're making me have the warm and fuzzies for it.
nicole byer yes GIF by Team Coco

• Haha

Looks so pillowy 😍😍😍
I found this about the bag. It's called the Chaine Bag.

1708615063343.png

Looks like they agree about the leather. It really is divine.

1708615123682.png

And for anyone interested, here's one on PM.

• Love
Reactions: muchstuff
I found this about the bag. It's called the Chaine Bag.

View attachment 5954047

Looks like they agree about the leather. It really is divine.

View attachment 5954048

And for anyone interested, here's one on PM.

Love this! I had a khaki colored one on my watchlist for months, but stupidly never pulled the trigger...