My 3rd Revision Rhinoplasty with Rib at BT Plastic Surgery Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I actually had it done today at BT. I am in some extreme pain and very worried. My last Rhinoplasty that was more intrusive wasn't painful (I didn't even take my pain meds). Everything I saw online says immediately contact your doctor. But I am not receiving help. Was ignored when I mentioned it at the clinic. And brushes off not too long ago. They did finally tell me to ask the pharmacist for help. Which I already did because I was desperate and they stopped responding. I hope the outcome will be good! But definitely will not do more surgeries with them. However, you may have better luck, I tend to be treated differently because of my demographic.
Hi! When you say “demographic” what are you referring to? Sorry to hear about your experience :sad: would you mind sharing your kkt? I was interested in BT but this has me a bit worried

Hey! I actually had it done today at BT. I am in some extreme pain and very worried. My last Rhinoplasty that was more intrusive wasn't painful (I didn't even take my pain meds). Everything I saw online says immediately contact your doctor. But I am not receiving help. Was ignored when I mentioned it at the clinic. And brushes off not too long ago. They did finally tell me to ask the pharmacist for help. Which I already did because I was desperate and they stopped responding. I hope the outcome will be good! But definitely will not do more surgeries with them. However, you may have better luck, I tend to be treated differently because of my demographic.
I'm so sorry to hear that you are left without any any help. How are you feeling now, is the pain any better? Really hope the outcome will be good!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are left without any any help. How are you feeling now, is the pain any better? Really hope the outcome will be good!
Hey just woke-up. What the pharmacist gave me helped with most of the pain that shot up randomly. Now it is just the pain I had post surgery. I have a high pain tolerance and typically don't take meds. For example, I broke my foot and didn't have any pain. And had zero pain during my last Rhinoplasty so I am a but worried. What I found from ENT back home, is I should only feel like I have a sinus infection and some discomfort from the stuffing based on what I got. Haha I actually like how the stuffing feels this time and it doesn't bother me like last time. The big plus with this time is that there was no bruising. My last time I only had a little bruising and also no swelling. But I was told by BT I recovered very quickly the moments after surgery. Which was the same as last time. Saying all this so you know why I am concerned. I really just want to make sure the pain isn't from complications and I don't want to be in this much pain. My whole neck and skull hurts like something fierce.

I did take a peak past my drip pad and so far the results look great. I would say if the results are good and I don't have actual complications. then I am happy and worth it. But still don't want to continue with the other procedures because they are extremely evasive and pain managementfor aftercare is important. I can update you on the end results.

If you do decide to come to Korea for any surgery, I would advise you get a prescription from your primary care physician being completely honest about what you are getting. From every place I had a procedure done, they only prescribed me Ibuprofen for pain management (I have a small collection of it since I never took it). And BT recommended I get Tylenol too, which I actually cannot take, I have a sensitive liver.

BT does offer unlimited deswelling treatments so that's a plus.

Hi! When you say “demographic” what are you referring to? Sorry to hear about your experience :sad: would you mind sharing your kkt? I was interested in BT but this has me a bit worried
Hey! Demographic is just a composition of your background: gender, nationality, ethnicity, race, tribe, etc etc. Who you are and where you are from does affect how you are treated anywhere in the world. Where I am from there are harmful things taught about my demographic around pain. That we feel zero pain, not true for the general group, but partially true for me. I have high pain tolerance but I can still feel pain. Especially if something is seriously wrong. The other harmful stereotype is that we lie about symptoms, so I get ignored. An example, my liver was failing and no one would believe my symptoms. It took me five doctors to get one to run blood tests and look at the results (doctor four ran test but didn't bother to review 12 weeks later after the 5th had me in treatment). That is a common occurrence with anything I have. So there is a good chance that I am wrongly projecting onto BT. But there are some doctors here that are trained in the US and the information I gave above is actually taught in textbooks about women and certian minority groups. It's why my demographic has a high mortality rate when we seek medical treatment.

For chatting do you mind sending me a DM and I can add you to KKT?

Hey! Demographic is just a composition of your background: gender, nationality, ethnicity, race, tribe, etc etc. Who you are and where you are from does affect how you are treated anywhere in the world. Where I am from there are harmful things taught about my demographic around pain. That we feel zero pain, not true for the general group, but partially true for me. I have high pain tolerance but I can still feel pain. Especially if something is seriously wrong. The other harmful stereotype is that we lie about symptoms, so I get ignored. An example, my liver was failing and no one would believe my symptoms. It took me five doctors to get one to run blood tests and look at the results (doctor four ran test but didn't bother to review 12 weeks later after the 5th had me in treatment). That is a common occurrence with anything I have. So there is a good chance that I am wrongly projecting onto BT. But there are some doctors here that are trained in the US and the information I gave above is actually taught in textbooks about women and certian minority groups. It's why my demographic has a high mortality rate when we seek medical treatment.

Sorry I can’t find a way to message you on here, maybe because my account is still new. Thank you for sharing all this info though!

Sorry I can’t find a way to message you on here, maybe because my account is still new. Thank you for sharing all this info though!
Haha I guess it wasn't just me who couldn't find DMs. I am a newb here also. My kkt is my full name because I lack creativity so I didn't want to post it here. Feel free to ask questions. Weirdly enough my first surgeon just messaged me an apology after he found my old email asking for help. He assistant tackily decided to send me a message to rebook for special pricing. The more I think of it, I don't think either surgeon was aware, it was the assistants gatekeeping and not communicating back. I see BT doctor tomorrow and I will discuss in full what happened and see what happens there.

Haha I guess it wasn't just me who couldn't find DMs. I am a newb here also. My kkt is my full name because I lack creativity so I didn't want to post it here. Feel free to ask questions. Weirdly enough my first surgeon just messaged me an apology after he found my old email asking for help. He assistant tackily decided to send me a message to rebook for special pricing. The more I think of it, I don't think either surgeon was aware, it was the assistants gatekeeping and not communicating back. I see BT doctor tomorrow and I will discuss in full what happened and see what happens there.
Yes please keep us updated ! Thank you so much for sharing and I hope things turn around for you ❤️

Yes please keep us updated ! Thank you so much for sharing and I hope things turn around for you ❤️
Okay got my sponges removed. It didn't hurt but my eyes watered for some reason. My nostrils look great! I am still in a cast but I can tell it looks good. Even the stitching looks good. I didn't have any bruising and only swell a little bit last night because I fell off my pillow incline and was sleeping on that side.
As far as aftercare, two checkins. One to remove sponges and to get a shot. The other to remove cast and stitches. They do offer unlinited deswelling treatment, which is just a LED light. You can buy one on Amazon. I own one at home. If I would have known it is helpful I would have brought mine. Be mindful that other places may or may not have more than this. Any who, I don't need the de-swelling, because I did not swell. But LED can help heal the wounds.

Any who, even with the issue on the night of my surgery I would recommend BT. The more I think of it, I think they didn't take me seriously because it was a rhinoplasty. My last one was a walk in a park. What happened to me was something caused my electrolytes to get out of balance. I was hydrated just messed up. I also had a rebound reaction from some pain meds I had prior to surgery. So it was a pretty bad time for me, but found help, it was fixable, and not life threatening. If you do something more invasive, regardless who you go with, book aftercare or a nurse. When I fix my jaw I will be booking Miall for my afrercare. They took care of me before for rehabilitation.

Okay got my sponges removed. It didn't hurt but my eyes watered for some reason. My nostrils look great! I am still in a cast but I can tell it looks good. Even the stitching looks good. I didn't have any bruising and only swell a little bit last night because I fell off my pillow incline and was sleeping on that side.
As far as aftercare, two checkins. One to remove sponges and to get a shot. The other to remove cast and stitches. They do offer unlinited deswelling treatment, which is just a LED light. You can buy one on Amazon. I own one at home. If I would have known it is helpful I would have brought mine. Be mindful that other places may or may not have more than this. Any who, I don't need the de-swelling, because I did not swell. But LED can help heal the wounds.

Any who, even with the issue on the night of my surgery I would recommend BT. The more I think of it, I think they didn't take me seriously because it was a rhinoplasty. My last one was a walk in a park. What happened to me was something caused my electrolytes to get out of balance. I was hydrated just messed up. I also had a rebound reaction from some pain meds I had prior to surgery. So it was a pretty bad time for me, but found help, it was fixable, and not life threatening. If you do something more invasive, regardless who you go with, book aftercare or a nurse. When I fix my jaw I will be booking Miall for my afrercare. They took care of me before for rehabilitation.
Many thx for the update! I am considering them for a nose revision in Sept. May I message you privately?

Reactions: Looking Purdy

Congratulations!!!!!
We had rhinoplasty with same doctor. Hopefully everything goes well around you.

hi, can you add me KKT as well? I am booking my surgery with BT. My username is tian-tian

Hi! I just returned home from Korea and had my rhinoplasty (and deviated septum and turbinate reduction) done by Dr. Lee Seungho at BT too! I am 14 days post-op today and my nose is perfect. Very natural and exactly what I wanted. It's still a tad swollen but I am already very happy with the shape.

I also had a blepharoplasty and chin liposuction/acculift done by Dr. Lee Hobin (at BT) as well. Super happy with the overall results. My recovery was uneventful. I was very congested and uncomfortable from the cotton packing in my nose (and from the heat, summer in Korea is no joke.) I didn't experience much post-op pain but did have diarrhea from the antibiotics. (I'll post more on that later.) I was out and about sight seeing on the second day of my recovery.

I've been a long time lurker and created this account just now to post before/after photos and about my experience. I'll create a separate post in a few days (after the account restrictions are lifted). Both Dr. Lee Seungho and Dr. Lee Hobin are extremely talented and kind-hearted doctors. Without a doubt, if I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Reactions: Peach23 and lilbnt
Status
Not open for further replies.