My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

great results!
I did the same thing with dr. Song in 2019, all went perfectly and feeling like I never did anything, except y back is looking great.
I will do the forehead as well but this time I might go somewhere closer, as Seoul is so far away.
There was some Turkish doctor with great results as well but I can't find the link now, it was here in the forums tho, if someone can find it, please share!
Can't wait to see results for your forehead.
Cheers!
Hi… I’m thinking about Jogak.
May I ask: how did you do since this post? Any regrets? Or would you do it again? Thanks

Ok so my results are fine to me. They are not perfect by any means and I was aware of this before surgery. I would say 85% but now when I wash my hear maybe even 90% of perfect and I am pleased with this. As I know and dr.Song confirm to me I have severe plagiocephaly so there were no chance for perfect solution. Right side is still a little bigger then left because of under the ears and sides pmma can't be put as we know. I will post some pictures next week when I arrive home and everything heals I little bit.
Thank you for sharing.
How do you feel about the surgery since this post? Would you do anything differently? Thanks

My case was quite severe and this is my result at Jogak. It's a huge improvement and in my case changes the way how my hair sits since now I have more volume at the back of my head. I can't say it is perfect because I'd never have an idea what perfect could have been.

View attachment 5594799View attachment 5594802
Hi… Thanks for sharing.
I’m thinking about Jogak. How do you feel about the surgery today? Would you do anything differently? Thanks

I recently had my surgery At Jogak with Dr. Song and seeing as to how I used this very forum in helping to gather information about this surgery and for planning own surgery, I think it’s only right to contribute to it for those doing the same currently or in the future, as I was not that long ago. So, Here are my before and afters. My case was described as moderate with slight asymmetry. Please keep in mind that pictures, especially for those like me with long or medium hair, make the case before look worse than it actually was, and the results after better than it actually is. Regardless, the results I got are exactly what I expected and I’m completely, 100% content with it.

View attachment 5580260

View attachment 5580261

View attachment 5580262
Hi… Thanks for sharing.
I’m considering Jogak. May I ask how did things develop for you since the surgery? Happy with the result? Any adverse reactions? Anything you’d do differently at all? Thank you

I've just come out of jogak and I'm having lunch now.
All up the whole procedure from consultation to surgery took 3 hrs.
I went in at 9am and came out at 12pm.
I went with local and not general anesthesia.

They first ask you to wash face then get changed.
Then they lie you down and draw lines on your head so doctor knows where to inject local anesthesia.

The doc then cuts and shaves a small
area where he'll be making the 5cm incision to open up your scalp.

He then scapes and separates the scalp from the bone area where he'll be injecting the bone cement, ( very intimidating the scraping part). All the while sucking up your blood and applying some sort of wash into your scalp.

After the prep work is done, he'll then inject the PMMA and mold it to hopefully your liking.

He then continues to wash your incision sight with some sort of antiseptic fluid.
After that he stitches you up and staples the incision sight as well.Places a head cast or band for compression.

You'll then rest in a room for half hr and then the doc with give you a prescription to buy some antibiotics and painkillers.

I think you'll need to see him a few more times before staples are removed but, I'm flying back early.

I don't know how the pain will be after the local anesthesia wears off...I guess I'll find out soon..
Hi… Thank you for sharing your experience.
I’m considering Jogak. I’m curious how things held up since surgery? Anything you would do differently at all? Thanks

Hi everyone,
Here is some pics of me Before & after the surgery. I Am now back to my country and i am very happy and satisfied about the results! No side effects no tumors, no discomfort, literally nothing.The procedures in Korea are very smooth. starting from the airport to the clinic. All you have to do is to make a decision and go to Dr. Song without hesitation because, frankly speaking he’s a great doctor very professional and he knows what to do, and the results are always impressive!! Any further questions feel free to ask me :smile: Greetings
Hi… Thanks for sharing.
I’m considering Jogak too. How did things hold up for you since the surgery? Anything you would do differently at all? Thank you

Hello,

I am a woman and very complex with my head shape. I am also considering the operation with Dr. Song for vertex augmentation.
Please all those who have done this operation come and testify!!!
It will be very helpful!
Thanks

Hi…
How did you do since this post? Did you have any issues or regrets?
Would you do it again? Thanks
I don't have any issues or regrets and it doesn't feel sensitive anymore even after putting pressure where the dent is. The only downsides are the dent and the scar which is still very obvious and it's like barely any hair wants to grow there. I would do it again if it wasn't because of the scar, I was told it gets bigger if you get a second surgery and when it was healing I lost a bunch of hair. Right now might not seem like it's a big scar but it had a lot of hair there

I don't have any issues or regrets and it doesn't feel sensitive anymore even after putting pressure where the dent is. The only downsides are the dent and the scar which is still very obvious and it's like barely any hair wants to grow there. I would do it again if it wasn't because of the scar, I was told it gets bigger if you get a second surgery and when it was healing I lost a bunch of hair. Right now might not seem like it's a big scar but it had a lot of hair there
I am still thinking about a resurgery to get a smaller implant. My scar (6cm) would be 10-12cm then according to Dr. Song. He also told me resurgery is possible but he would not recommend it since it is more difficult to create a smooth shape after removal of the implant. The inside of the skin could be more or less damaged what could lead to small irregual areas..
Its a very tough decision to make, but at the moment I am 80-90% sure I will go for it - and just in case my skin is too damaged after removal, I might be ok with not getting pmma inserted again. So I would look like before - just with a huge scar on my bald head :biggrin: my plan B or more like C would be to treat the scar and maybe the occiput area with fat grafting then for a little volume increase and less noticeable scar.

Reactions: Jo-Tchong
I am still thinking about a resurgery to get a smaller implant. My scar (6cm) would be 10-12cm then according to Dr. Song. He also told me resurgery is possible but he would not recommend it since it is more difficult to create a smooth shape after removal of the implant. The inside of the skin could be more or less damaged what could lead to small irregual areas..
Its a very tough decision to make, but at the moment I am 80-90% sure I will go for it - and just in case my skin is too damaged after removal, I might be ok with not getting pmma inserted again. So I would look like before - just with a huge scar on my bald head :biggrin: my plan B or more like C would be to treat the scar and maybe the occiput area with fat grafting then for a little volume increase and less noticeable scar.
Hi there. I’ve looked at your before and after pictures and your head looks way better now than before. I think you just got to accept that your head will never be ‘perfect’ but to me it looks completely normal. Personally I don’t think you should get surgery again. Just try to move on man. Your surgery has made it much better in my opinion.

Hi there. I’ve looked at your before and after pictures and your head looks way better now than before. I think you just got to accept that your head will never be ‘perfect’ but to me it looks completely normal. Personally I don’t think you should get surgery again. Just try to move on man. Your surgery has made it much better in my opinion.
Hey, thank you for your opinion and kind words. I understand that by just looking at the photos I showed here 99% would say it looks better now than before. However, with a smaller implant the shape would have looked even more rounded already and I would have kept my natural symmetries. I just feel uncomfortable and weird with my current shape.
I am upset about myself that I did not plan everything more carefully before surgery and also that you do not get explained how difficult a resurgery could be if you do not ask about everything by yourself.
A small change is all that I would have needed and it bothers me every day since the surgery for 8 months now.
I am waiting for a final reply from Dr. Song now.

Here are some more pictures of my shape atm and how it would have looked like with a smaller implant...

Current shape.png

Resurgery visualization.png

Hello All, I am thinking of having this surgery done this year to correct my extremely flat back of the head, and I am thinking of going with JOGAK.

I have emailed Dr Song directly and also sent a message directly on the JOGAK website. I sent the first 2 weeks ago and the second just under a week ago and nobody has gotten back to me.

Wondering whether Dr Song changed his address or something or no longer works there. Does anybody know at all and could someone please kindly confirm for me what his email address is.

Thank you :smile:

Just want to thank Ashlyy and whoever recommended Line. I’m finally at peace. I was able to get 65CC and I feel normal now. It’s not 100% but I’m still real happy with the results.I don’t have to wear a hat everywhere now and be self conscious every single day. I was assigned DR. HSU who is a great doctor. With that said I’m out, if you’re contemplating it just do it. Even if you can’t pay for it immediately it’s worth going into debt for. Good bye my friends I hope you all choose to go through with it.

How long after the surgery did you feel pressure / pain / discomfort?

How long after the surgery did you feel pressure / pain / discomfort
Hello All, I am thinking of having this surgery done this year to correct my extremely flat back of the head, and I am thinking of going with JOGAK.

I have emailed Dr Song directly and also sent a message directly on the JOGAK website. I sent the first 2 weeks ago and the second just under a week ago and nobody has gotten back to me.

Wondering whether Dr Song changed his address or something or no longer works there. Does anybody know at all and could someone please kindly confirm for me what his email address is.

The clinic is very much operational. I just got my head fixed.
For the email, try: [email protected]