My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

Hey mate!
Quite an interesting story and is a value-add for this forum.
It is nice to hear a story from someone who did not choose LPS or Jogak as most of us here did. The costs are a little high for sure, but not that much more than LPS charges e.g.
As some mentioned already, Jogak increased prices as well (I think for locals it's cheaper tho if you read the korean website..). But nevermind the costs as long as we are happy with the results.

You are right. Some of us wish for a bigger head even tho we do not acutally need it or at least only a little change (like in my case) to mentain natural symmetries and not look weird (yeah, I feel looking weird no matter how many people here or irl tell me "its looks good and alright").

As for the surgeant you chose, he does not sound very professional/respectful, but yeh, seems that everything went well at the end of the day and I think your result looks quite good (it was not bad before tho). Congrats that you did it!
So your scar is from ear to ear over the top of your head? Did I understand this right? :O
Hey mate, im so sorry for my late reply. The cause is i was quite depressed about the results, but as my hairs has grown a lot I feel quite good and pleased about it now.

Thanks for ur words I appriciate it. indeed there is a huge scar from ear to ear and i can cover it with hair rn, but still slightely visible as at 2 points he went out of the hairline which was told me he wouldnt do:sad: I can do hair implant spring 2024 to make everything all right.

Hi guys, i have some questions about this surgery, first of all, is this an obstacle to military service? How safe are sports like football where you can hit the ball with your head and take a one-on-one blow? Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, i have some questions about this surgery, first of all, is this an obstacle to military service? How safe are sports like football where you can hit the ball with your head and take a one-on-one blow? Thanks in advance.

I had surgery last year and Dr.Song said to me that playing football is safe but I didn't play any football after the surgery. I would not be scared of hitting a ball but more concern with possibility to hit other player head which could happen. Otherwise I am totally fine after surgery which I had in October 2022. I don't have any problem.

Thanks, but I'm done wearing my hair in certain ways to try and hide a skull deformity. I can assure you, from certain angles the flatness is very apparent and I've received comments about it throughout my life. I'll attach two more profile view pics to maybe give you a better understanding. And yeah I've already been to Korea. If you look through some of the older posts in this thread, I got this procedure done on my forehead already.

Also I got my quote from Jogak and am set to have my 2nd procedure in June! Ended up being $5500. Very excited.
Hi there.

Did you get your surgery in the end? How did it go? I think my problem is quite similar to yours and am thinking about getting the surgery myself

I got in this clinic flathead correction. And my result is oke. Everything healed well. No problems i just wish my result would be bigger. But my skin was so tight...
I’m glad it went well for you. Is that JOGAK you’re speaking about? I’ve heard that having tight skin may limit the volume he can put in… Would you be up for sharing some before and after photos?

I got in this clinic flathead correction. And my result is oke. Everything healed well. No problems i just wish my result would be bigger. But my skin was so tight...
You better have a little less volume than too much like in my case. If you really wish for more volume you could just get a bit more in future or put a layer of fat over it for a very small increase. If you have too much volume you need to get the whole implant removed and shaping new pmma directly afterwards is more difficult + much longer scar.

Reactions: Jo-Tchong
Hi guys just told my family that I’m thinking about having the surgery and they all freaked out about it. Do you know the feeling when everyone tells you nothing is wrong but you yourself know that it is. anyway I believe that my flat back of the head would be able to be fixed but am worried now about the surgery going wrong or having a huge scar and regretting it for the rest of my life. Does anyone have any advice at all?

Hey guys, I got the plagiocephaly 3d implant surgery and wanted to post some information about my experience and a review of it. My condition was considered mild-moderate. He said the bone cement works but it's not as long term and.siggested the implant.

I do want to let you know I won't be responding to posts, so don't take it personally.

I got my surgery through Nicholas Bastidas, MD. He is based out of Manhattan and Nassau County, Long Island, NY(20 minutes outside of NYC). He specializes in child and Cranio Plastic surgery. Check out his Instagram, he does gods work IMO.

I had the consultation in his NYC office and the surgery in Long Island. He's part of the Northwell Health network, which is one of the largest in the Northeast. The consultation went very well and I felt very comfortable with him and his staff. He's a very nice guy and seems to genuinely care about what he does.

After the consultation, he had me set an appointment with one of the Northwell facilities that had the appropriate CT Scan.

One thing he does that other plastic surgeons don't seem interested in doing is, he tries to get your insurance(if you're American and have it) to pay for the CT scan and the surgery. A lot of surgeons don't care where they get their money from, he does because he's a good man... long story short, he was able to get my insurance to pay for the majority of the scan and surgery!!! I'll go over how much I paid out of pocket later.

The surgery itself went as planned and was relatively simple on his end. You're put under for about an 1-2 hours and wake up with a wrap/cast on your head. They also have a reservoir and tube drain the fluid from the surgery site for about 1-2 weeks. My incision was a bit larger than I was initially expecting and was about 6-7 inches in a shape of a "C", I was okay with that. He used dissolvable stitches/sutures, which took about a month in my case to dissolve/be removed. Post-op you're dealing mostly with his RN and staff, but they are super helpful and knowledgeable. He's doing surgeries all day, so don't take it personally.

I'm about 8 months post operation and feel fine, which just some pressure when I lay down on it, which is to be expected for a while.

Overall, I am satisfied and would rate the surgery a 9/10 for what I was expecting. Keep in mind, nothing is perfect and you can't expect your head to be completely perfect but it will be leaps and bounds better.

Without my insurance the CT scan would have been $2000 and the surgery would have been $6000, for a total of $8000. With my insurance the CT scan was $500 and the surgery was $1500. Out of pocket with my insurance, I only paid $2000.

Below are some pros and cons.

Pros:
- Very good, reputable surgeon
- Nice Guy
- Will try and most likely be able to get your insurance to pay for the majority of the surgery.
- top notch resources because of the network
- located in NY, so it's accessible for Americans and people outside of the US.
- pretty quick surgery
-Back to work within 10 days or so
- For the most part a fine/thin scar line, unnoticeable if you have a decent amount of hair.
Cons:
- little indent at the start of the scar on the top portion of my head.
- sore for a bit longer than anticipated
- stitches took longer to dissolve and heal
- interacting with his staff and not him on follow up appointments.
- might not be the best option if you're bald.

I forgot to take a picture of the before, but I did include a screenshot of the scan to give you an idea and 2-3 weeks post operation with the head wrap off. Hopefully this helps and gives you an additional option.

PXL_20230130_223232975.jpg

PXL_20230130_223249890.jpg

PXL_20230130_223447492.jpg

Screenshot_20231003-134331~2.png

I had surgery last year and Dr.Song said to me that playing football is safe but I didn't play any football after the surgery. I would not be scared of hitting a ball but more concern with possibility to hit other player head which could happen. Otherwise I am totally fine after surgery which I had in October 2022. I don't have any problem.
Hi Juvek,

Are you still happy with your head shape. How does the scar look? Is it visible?

Hi Juvek,

Are you still happy with your head shape. How does the scar look? Is it visible?

Yes everything is fine, my scar is almost not visible you would really need look for it to see it although I have hair even without hair this would not be a problem. My head shape is around 85-90% perfect, below the ears doctor can not put cement so asymmetry stays there but it is better then before.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrtst93