My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

Hello All, I am thinking of having this surgery done this year to correct my extremely flat back of the head, and I am thinking of going with JOGAK.

I have emailed Dr Song directly and also sent a message directly on the JOGAK website. I sent the first 2 weeks ago and the second just under a week ago and nobody has gotten back to me.

Wondering whether Dr Song changed his address or something or no longer works there. Does anybody know at all and could someone please kindly confirm for me what his email address is.

Thank you :smile:
Hi, his current email is [email protected]

Something to try if you cant afford the surgery or are waiting to get it one day - grow your hair longer, put it in a bun, scrape hair back on affected side a bit and use finger to put under hair on affected side and pull it back, get a kitchen roll and fold it up into a small rectangle (can be the thickness and size you want), insert it under the hair on the affected side and smooth hair down over it.

Good question and it had no affect i dont put as much pressure I usually sleep on the side of my head anyway never on my back but i can put pressure on the back of my head when laying down every night no problem if i let my hair grow out though it feels kinda of uncomfortable but short hair it feels nice so I usually have it short all the time, as for the bone cement having screws i have no idea he never mentioned any screws so i cant answer that question to my knowledge, the bone cement seens pretty firm though unless i get hit with a bat or something im sure itd be just fine lol just kidding but im not sure to be honest
Hello chris.

I am omar from Iraq. I am planning to undergo to such surgery at dr.Song’s clinic. I am happy for your amazing results yet I am concern about a point that you raised when you said that I feel kind off uncomfortable when I let my hair being long as long as you have some headache. May you please elaborate more about these point. Did the doctor told you about these collateral symptoms. Why you have headaches, and being uncomfortable?!!.

Thank you in advance

I went to Jogak in Seoul two weeks ago to go through the surgery and the results are satisfying. Here are some before and after pictures. Everything went smooth and the Mr. Song was very friendly and professional.

The only issue that occurred to me was that I am claustrophobic, and can have a hard time if my body is under pressure or I am in small rooms. This will lead to minor panic attacks in worst cases. On the surgery bed, layers will be put on your head which can make you feel trapped if you are too claustrophobic. The solution was general anaesthesia in my case which went good.

After pictures were shot 2 days after surgery (right after the bandages were taken off).

View attachment 4163841 View attachment 4163842
Hello marioKa.
I am happy for you for the satisfying reult you got. I would know how it is going with you now? Any pain, headache, numbness, any other issues?

Thank you

I went to Jogak in Seoul two weeks ago to go through the surgery and the results are satisfying. Here are some before and after pictures. Everything went smooth and the Mr. Song was very friendly and professional.

The only issue that occurred to me was that I am claustrophobic, and can have a hard time if my body is under pressure or I am in small rooms. This will lead to minor panic attacks in worst cases. On the surgery bed, layers will be put on your head which can make you feel trapped if you are too claustrophobic. The solution was general anaesthesia in my case which went good.

After pictures were shot 2 days after surgery (right after the bandages were taken off).

View attachment 4163841 View attachment 4163842Do you feel that there is something in you back head or edges that bothers you?

Hi everyone interested in skull augmentation surgery,

Well, I had it done three years ago. It was fine initially, apart from some discomfort when resting my head on hard surfaces. It later developed into waking up with a headache at the back of my head, then with an extreme headache that lasted all day and required multiple painkillers to subside. CT scan showed nothing. I am getting it removed soon because I cannot live my life. Lesson learnt: try to learn to love your body, and do not spend a penny on something that can jeopardise your health. In the end, nobody will take any responsibility for anything and you pay the full price. I wish I had never done that.

Well, I had it done three years ago. It was fine initially, apart from some discomfort when resting my head on hard surfaces. It later developed into waking up with a headache at the back of my head, then with an extreme headache that lasted all day and required multiple painkillers to subside. CT scan showed nothing. I am getting it removed soon because I cannot live my life. Lesson learnt: try to learn to love your body, and do not spend a penny on something that can jeopardise your health. In the end, nobody will take any responsibility for anything and you pay the full price. I wish I had never done that.
Sad to hear this. If you havent already.. would you mind sharing more information? What technique did you decide for? silicon implant or bone cement? And what clinic? Had a CT too and they can see nothing wrong there, all looks like fine and I also do not have any issues with bone cement so far (almost 1.5 years post OP)

Well, I had it done three years ago. It was fine initially, apart from some discomfort when resting my head on hard surfaces. It later developed into waking up with a headache at the back of my head, then with an extreme headache that lasted all day and required multiple painkillers to subside. CT scan showed nothing. I am getting it removed soon because I cannot live my life. Lesson learnt: try to learn to love your body, and do not spend a penny on something that can jeopardise your health. In the end, nobody will take any responsibility for anything and you pay the full price. I wish I had never done that.Sad to hear that

Sad to hear that. May you please tell us which method you used: silicone or MMA, and at which clinic ?

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Are you Kurdish by any chance? I'm asking because of your username and also because I've noticed that this is quite common among the Kurdish community and Kurds that i know personally, especially Iraqi Kurds.

I'm booking my trip to Korea in July after my second vaccine dose and would appreciate any tips you have to make our stay in Korea easier. i was especially wondering about transferring money to the surgery, can you pay by VISA debit card or does it have to be bank transfer?
Are you from Iraq?

Thank you for sharing your case with us ,

I also had skull correction by bone cement 1 year ago and I m not satisfide by the result at all since it made my headshape even worse and i saw dr song in seoul recently and he said that he can redone my surgery using the cement but in order to to do that first I have to get the bone cement removed from my head and unfortunately he cant help me to remove it since his clinic isnt suitable for such big surgery , he cant help me to find any clinic / dr to do the removal eighter

so I m looking for some tips , recommendations to find a reliable Dr to remove the cement from my hear ..

Acctually i dont trust the doctor I had the surgery thats why I m looking for someone/ somewhere trustworty,better

did you already remove it ? can you share your dr or clinic to do the removal if you know any please ?

thank you in advance ..

I also had skull correction by bone cement 1 year ago and I m not satisfide by the result at all since it made my headshape even worse and i saw dr song in seoul recently and he said that he can redone my surgery using the cement but in order to to do that first I have to get the bone cement removed from my head and unfortunately he cant help me to remove it since his clinic isnt suitable for such big surgery , he cant help me to find any clinic / dr to do the removal eighter

so I m looking for some tips , recommendations to find a reliable Dr to remove the cement from my hear ..

Acctually i dont trust the doctor I had the surgery thats why I m looking for someone/ somewhere trustworty,better

did you already remove it ? can you share your dr or clinic to do the removal if you know any please ?

thank you in advance ..

thank you in advance ..

thank you in advance ..

thank you in advance ..
Hello heady

Sorry for hearing that. May you atrach some pictures of your case. Where did you do your augmentation at which clinic/dr.

Thank you

thank you in advance ..
Hey Heady,
like omarmohammed wrote, it would be nice to get more information and perhaps pictures of your case. To be honest I am pretty surprised that Dr. Song says he would not be able to remove the bone cement in your case. What are his reasons? Is the bone cement affecting an uncommon huge area? Was a special technique used other from the one Dr. Song invented?
I also thought (and still think) about getting my bone cement removed (I was at Dr. Song) and he wrote that he could do that for sure, but reinserting bone cement right after the removal (to shape a new smaller implant than the one I have right now) might be difficult due to the inside of the skin being damaged from the removal process. Therefore a smooth shape can not be guaranteed and that is why he might only remove it but dont reinsert new bone cement then. However, my understanding is that removing bone cement usually shouldnt be a big problem at all. You might think about getting a head CT if you dont have already. I made a CT aswell. It helped a local clinic where I live to check the bonce cement implant. Since it is one hard piece the local clinic said they would be able to remove it aswell, so I would not need to travel to South Korea again (from Germany). The plan is to combine the removal with a fat transfer right afterwards to just have a little volume increase. The success of fat on the scalp is difficult to calculate tho. Fat can barely survive there. But these are just some side facts.
Feel free to share more information/pictures and maybe we can help you :smile:

Last edited:
Hey Heady,
like omarmohammed wrote, it would be nice to get more information and perhaps pictures of your case. To be honest I am pretty surprised that Dr. Song says he would not be able to remove the bone cement in your case. What are his reasons? Is the bone cement affecting an uncommon huge area? Was a special technique used other from the one Dr. Song invented?
I also thought (and still think) about getting my bone cement removed (I was at Dr. Song) and he wrote that he could do that for sure, but reinserting bone cement right after the removal (to shape a new smaller implant than the one I have right now) might be difficult due to the inside of the skin being damaged from the removal process. Therefore a smooth shape can not be guaranteed and that is why he might only remove it but dont reinsert new bone cement then. However, my understanding is that removing bone cement usually shouldnt be a big problem at all. You might think about getting a head CT if you dont have already. I made a CT aswell. It helped a local clinic where I live to check the bonce cement implant. Since it is one hard piece the local clinic said they would be able to remove it aswell, so I would not need to travel to South Korea again (from Germany). The plan is to combine the removal with a fat transfer right afterwards to just have a little volume increase. The success of fat on the scalp is difficult to calculate tho. Fat can barely survive there. But these are just some side facts.
Feel free to share more information/pictures and maybe we can help you :smile:
Hello, I still think your result is good and believe there is not a standard paradigmatic headshape but I appreciate that you have a specific shape in mind you'd like to achieve. I am happy that your local clinic is able to do this so you don't have to do have it removed in Korea. Just out of curious, did they explain how they would do it? Do they have to separate the bone cement from the skull? I am trying to understand how the cement and skull are attached, in order to have a insight how secure they are in the long term.

Thanks!

Reactions: mrtst93