My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

Hi…
I’m thinking about Jogak.
How did you do since this post? Any issues or regrets? Would you do it again? Thanks
Hi there, it's gone really well. Not the perfect results because of the limitation of my sculp but so much better and I'm so much more comfortable :smile: also the scar is pretty much non existent for me.. I tried to find it but can't so I'm very happy about that. The jogak team is amazing and Dr Song is the best! I'm so glad I did this and don't need to worry and overthink it everyday. Makes everyday living much easier lol

How long after the surgery did you feel pressure / pain / discomfort

The clinic is very much operational. I just got my head fixed.
For the email, try: [email protected]
Thank you for your reply. Turns out I had the wrong email. I have since heard from him. I just now need to figure out how I will get the finances together to make the trip down there. He told me the procedure will cost $6,600.

I had longer hair so this isn’t the best picture for a comparison but I just got a haircut and have great results from Line. Highly recommend.

View attachment 5805257

View attachment 5805258
Turned out really nice! I was quoted 6600 USD. I'm thinking about doing this. Another comment asked about pain and discomfort in the following months but how much pain and discomfort exactly? And could you describe it? Thanks.

Reactions: will_3736
Turned out really nice! I was quoted 6600 USD. I'm thinking about doing this. Another comment asked about pain and discomfort in the following months but how much pain and discomfort exactly? And could you describe it? Thanks.
I did my surgery in LA so it was 9500$ for me. I had a mild headache and it was tender for the first week and a half. After that it was smooth sailing. I don’t experience pain or discomfort whatsoever at the moment. I even began working out two weeks after surgery even though I wouldn’t recommend it. Some people are different though so take that for what it’s worth.

Reactions: will_3736
Experience with Dr. Francisco J. Guerrero Jazo (MEXICO) - 13.000 USD total costs.

Hey guys,

An update from my and my surgery. I had surgery on 18 May (2023) by Dr. Francisco J. Guerrero Jazo.
He did forhead shaving on the protruding side and placed on bonecement implant (pre-processed on 3d model of my skull according CT scan by dr. Dunaway from London) on the flattened side of my skull. He also has placed it on the sides of my skull were you cant put bonecement and lower then eyes.

The total costs were 500 USD for making of skull model, 9000 USD for back of head and 2000 USD for removing of frontal bossing, some costs for hospital. All together I think around 13k USD.

Dr. Francisco always replied fast on my e-mails and wasnt tired of making changes to the implant when I asked. When I arrived in Mexico and got to the hospital I got served well by hospital staff. Altho the hygiene of the hospital wasnt that good.

After surgery i returned to my hotel after 1 day with a drain in my head and bandage, which got removed after 3 days or so and then got lighter covering. The stitches were removed after 11 days. After five days I was already able to fly from Guadalajara to Merida (Yukatan) and felt a lot better. The first days were bad and I felt much pain. I had to shave all of my head, cuz of big stroke of hair was taken down. My scar is from ear to ear, My head was opened like a banana. Thats why I dont recommed the surgery in Mexico if you only need a little augumentation in the back and not in the sides and also not for the things below overall.

The surgeon was really into my money, im not kidding and said after some payments didnt go well, few hours after surgery (I was really sick then) in Mexico we know how ways for this.... and left with saying: I come back tomorrow (he meant: ...make sure the payment is done) I asked, but what do you mean? Im not lying, my bank just has problems, I have enough money. But he just left and didnt reply lol. Also when I had to come back after 2 days for follow up he let me wait for more then one hour when I was still really bad and dizzy before he helped me (he also treats little babies with helmet therapy) without priortizing me beijng with a drain in my head etc... But maybe thats just me Idk.

Besides this he was a kind and polite doctor, but I didnt want to hold this back. After surgery he wrote report for my local GP and sent me pictures and details etc when asked. The scar is healing good and the redness goes down. On top of my head there is still a big dent as he didnt do stitches after removing the drain. But hair will cover this. Maybe I will get hairtransplant in the scar tissue after 1 year to make it invisble. When I look back I wont do it again probably, my head was not really bad and i think we overrate the roundness of our head a little bit too much especially as man, but plagio is uneven flatness so yeah I understand why it bothers us so much. The costs also were just quite high for a f*cking back of head, its sad we have this thing with could easily be treated as child and could have made our lives more pleasurable and less stressfull, but it happened and thats how it is.

Sorry for this messy story, but I hope you guys have gotten some info this way. All the best for everyone with did surgery, want to do it or has to deal this!

Marco

P.s. Here some pics I just took, before pics you can see on my profile, my acne cleared up a lot also:smile:
Sometimes I think my back of my head is uncanny large, but I like it more and more, thank God!

WIN_20230704_17_35_29_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230704_17_35_36_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230704_17_36_24_Pro.jpg

Experience with Dr. Francisco J. Guerrero Jazo (MEXICO) - 13.000 USD total costs.

Hey guys,

An update from my and my surgery. I had surgery on 18 May (2023) by Dr. Francisco J. Guerrero Jazo.
He did forhead shaving on the protruding side and placed on bonecement implant (pre-processed on 3d model of my skull according CT scan by dr. Dunaway from London) on the flattened side of my skull. He also has placed it on the sides of my skull were you cant put bonecement and lower then eyes.

The total costs were 500 USD for making of skull model, 9000 USD for back of head and 2000 USD for removing of frontal bossing, some costs for hospital. All together I think around 13k USD.

Dr. Francisco always replied fast on my e-mails and wasnt tired of making changes to the implant when I asked. When I arrived in Mexico and got to the hospital I got served well by hospital staff. Altho the hygiene of the hospital wasnt that good.

After surgery i returned to my hotel after 1 day with a drain in my head and bandage, which got removed after 3 days or so and then got lighter covering. The stitches were removed after 11 days. After five days I was already able to fly from Guadalajara to Merida (Yukatan) and felt a lot better. The first days were bad and I felt much pain. I had to shave all of my head, cuz of big stroke of hair was taken down. My scar is from ear to ear, My head was opened like a banana. Thats why I dont recommed the surgery in Mexico if you only need a little augumentation in the back and not in the sides and also not for the things below overall.

The surgeon was really into my money, im not kidding and said after some payments didnt go well, few hours after surgery (I was really sick then) in Mexico we know how ways for this.... and left with saying: I come back tomorrow (he meant: ...make sure the payment is done) I asked, but what do you mean? Im not lying, my bank just has problems, I have enough money. But he just left and didnt reply lol. Also when I had to come back after 2 days for follow up he let me wait for more then one hour when I was still really bad and dizzy before he helped me (he also treats little babies with helmet therapy) without priortizing me beijng with a drain in my head etc... But maybe thats just me Idk.

Besides this he was a kind and polite doctor, but I didnt want to hold this back. After surgery he wrote report for my local GP and sent me pictures and details etc when asked. The scar is healing good and the redness goes down. On top of my head there is still a big dent as he didnt do stitches after removing the drain. But hair will cover this. Maybe I will get hairtransplant in the scar tissue after 1 year to make it invisble. When I look back I wont do it again probably, my head was not really bad and i think we overrate the roundness of our head a little bit too much especially as man, but plagio is uneven flatness so yeah I understand why it bothers us so much. The costs also were just quite high for a f*cking back of head, its sad we have this thing with could easily be treated as child and could have made our lives more pleasurable and less stressfull, but it happened and thats how it is.

Sorry for this messy story, but I hope you guys have gotten some info this way. All the best for everyone with did surgery, want to do it or has to deal this!

Marco

P.s. Here some pics I just took, before pics you can see on my profile, my acne cleared up a lot also:smile:
Sometimes I think my back of my head is uncanny large, but I like it more and more, thank God!

View attachment 5815274

View attachment 5815275

View attachment 5815276

Hey mate!
Quite an interesting story and is a value-add for this forum.
It is nice to hear a story from someone who did not choose LPS or Jogak as most of us here did. The costs are a little high for sure, but not that much more than LPS charges e.g.
As some mentioned already, Jogak increased prices as well (I think for locals it's cheaper tho if you read the korean website..). But nevermind the costs as long as we are happy with the results.

You are right. Some of us wish for a bigger head even tho we do not acutally need it or at least only a little change (like in my case) to mentain natural symmetries and not look weird (yeah, I feel looking weird no matter how many people here or irl tell me "its looks good and alright").

As for the surgeant you chose, he does not sound very professional/respectful, but yeh, seems that everything went well at the end of the day and I think your result looks quite good (it was not bad before tho). Congrats that you did it!
So your scar is from ear to ear over the top of your head? Did I understand this right? :O

Hey guys,

Marco

View attachment 5815274

View attachment 5815275

View attachment 5815276
Congratulations on your result! Could you tell me more about the shaving part of the skull, did you mean your surgeon shave the sides?

I did my surgery in LA so it was 9500$ for me. I had a mild headache and it was tender for the first week and a half. After that it was smooth sailing. I don’t experience pain or discomfort whatsoever at the moment. I even began working out two weeks after surgery even though I wouldn’t recommend it. Some people are different though so take that for what it’s worth.
Are you able to share who your doctor was and what office and what procedure is? I tried looking up line an can’t find anything. Appreciate the help.