What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

After reading EVERY page of this thread, I know this will be a fairly unpopular opinion but I like to think my thought process might be appreciated.

I know that many have expressed their feelings on “haul” videos, but I must say I enjoy watching them simply for expanded knowledge on what’s available within the brand. Yes, some creators give WAY too much commentary but overall given that h.com doesn’t come anywhere close to showing what could be purchased at any given time and my boutique isn’t large enough to have everything out on display so I wouldn’t even know to ask, it can be nice when I find something that speaks to me that I otherwise wouldn’t have known existed. Sure, a lot of times you see pieces that are quite popular all over SM and YouTube, but every so often I’ll find things that stand out. For me, I just look at them as an opportunity to see what else is out there

After reading EVERY page of this thread, I know this will be a fairly unpopular opinion but I like to think my thought process might be appreciated.

I know that many have expressed their feelings on “haul” videos, but I must say I enjoy watching them simply for expanded knowledge on what’s available within the brand. Yes, some creators give WAY too much commentary but overall given that h.com doesn’t come anywhere close to showing what could be purchased at any given time and my boutique isn’t large enough to have everything out on display so I wouldn’t even know to ask, it can be nice when I find something that speaks to me that I otherwise wouldn’t have known existed. Sure, a lot of times you see pieces that are quite popular all over SM and YouTube, but every so often I’ll find things that stand out. For me, I just look at them as an opportunity to see what else is out there
I agree with you as a general idea, but I find that in practice all anybody ever shows is either a B/K/C, twillys, rodeo charms or that damn sushi platter. I used to love the mosaique 24 platinum but after seeing it "everywhere" I feel burned out. When will I see some more home goods or RTW! Where´s my tea boxes, turtlenecks, furniture, ponchos and vases! *throws tantrum on the floor* :panic::lol:
Edit: I forgot the Oran sandals and clic clac bracelets!

Last edited:
I agree with you as a general idea, but I find that in practice all anybody ever shows is either a B/K/C, twillys, rodeo charms or that damn sushi platter. I used to love the mosaique 24 platinum but after seeing it "everywhere" I feel burned out. When will I see some more home goods or RTW! Where´s my tea boxes, turtlenecks, furniture, ponchos and vases! *throws tantrum on the floor* :panic::lol:
Edit: I forgot the Oran sandals and clic clac bracelets!
Don’t forget those Avalon hand towels…………

My unpopular opinion: I think I'm the only lover of Hermes handbags who doesn't like Chevre leather. I don't like the sheen of the leather, nor the texture/pattern. I don't mind it on the inside of a bag (where you hardly notice it) since it is so durable.
I don’t like it either. I like that it is lightweight but that’s about it for me.

My unpopular opinion: I think I'm the only lover of Hermes handbags who doesn't like Chevre leather. I don't like the sheen of the leather, nor the texture/pattern. I don't mind it on the inside of a bag (where you hardly notice it) since it is so durable.
+1 :wave:
I do have a vintage metallic silver chèvre H clutch, but the other chevre pieces I’ve owned look sad and flaccid