Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having a cold snap in Singapore due, supposedly, to the effects of the polar vortex. And while the locals love cooler weather, 22 degrees C with nonstop rain and an icy wind is really chilly :-s

Looking forward to warmer times when I can wear my Wild Singapore again.
View attachment 5703449
And a few glimpses of the wildlife in our urban jungle: a civet cat on a neighbour's wall - it was caterwauling in the middle of the night. A hornbill in a rooftop garden in the middle of the shopping district, 10 mins away from my home H. And a cockerel which escaped another neighbour's garden and strolled through our front yard.
View attachment 5703448
Heading out to an alfresco dinner with DH and friends wearing this beautiful wash 140 scarf, The Cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus by Robert Dallet). This scarf was purchased on impulse and is probably my most worn scarf. Now that my beautiful dog Bella has left us, the kangaroos are back! Found this cheeky one yesterday eating the grapes and vine leaves! View attachment 5703245View attachment 5703246
I love both of these sightings!

We are having a cold snap in Singapore due, supposedly, to the effects of the polar vortex. And while the locals love cooler weather, 22 degrees C with nonstop rain and an icy wind is really chilly :-s

View attachment 5703449
And a few glimpses of the wildlife in our urban jungle: a civet cat on a neighbour's wall - it was caterwauling in the middle of the night. A hornbill in a rooftop garden in the middle of the shopping district, 10 mins away from my home H. And a cockerel which escaped another neighbour's garden and strolled through our front yard.
View attachment 5703448
A cold snap is a perfect time to snuggle in to your giant silks! But- those are lovely flowers there with those Toucans, and well...now I know what an adult Plumeria looks like! Mine is just a baby by comparison, about the size of one of the side shoots...

Joining [slightly nervously] in on the fun with my "scarf of the year" - Jardin des metamorphoses - as I've declared this year to be one of the changes (and courage :smile:).

Styled in my "signature" "V-tuck". Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow much artwork to be seen, but it allows me to wear scarves without too much hassle (especially when being out and about), and I’m happy with that deal. :smile:

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

View attachment 5703465
Beautifully styled. I will have to remember this idea for wearing around the house and still leaving room for a large scarf outside in the cold. :biggrin:

Good morning Scarflandia! With many thanks to @Snausages for a fabulous week, please get ready to transition to:
mix and match
idiom
:
to put different things (such as pieces of clothing) together in different ways
(Merriam-Webster)

This week, our theme is "Pattern on Pattern," exploring this tried-and-true style concept in the context of our scarves. Every morning this week, I will give you a “prompt” to get you started along with some examples from my closet and others (including some of our own TPF mavens of this strategy). We will cover stripes and dots, florals and graphics, tops and bottoms, jewelry and outerwear as we make our way through the week.

For today, and to make a nice transition from our furry friend week, the focus is on animal prints! So whether you are already a “vintage” style icon like this:

View attachment 5703487
Or just starting on your independent style journey like my little granddaughter,
View attachment 5703489
“Embrace the power clash. You don't always have to match patterns. Mixing bold patterns like leopard print and plaid may seem like a fashion faux pas, but there’s a lot of power in selecting two prints that don’t share any commonalities. Anchor the look with a neutral item, like a black blazer or denim jacket.” (masterclass.com)

So bring it on Style Mavens! Here are my two examples for today:

View attachment 5703495
View attachment 5703494
Fantastic intro and thank you for taking on this fabulous week! You are a mixmaster for sure with pattern on pattern. :yes: I adore Iris Apfel's courage and only hope that when I get older, I will have the same "stick my tongue out at it all" attitude when people encourage older ladies to dress inconspicuously or with reserve.

Fabulous intro! Granddaughter is so cuuuuuute!

I don’t tend to mix/match animal prints much, it appears from the archives. But here’s a few fun ones!
View attachment 5703552View attachment 5703553View attachment 5703554View attachment 5703555
Beautiful pattern on pattern picks!

Fab' intro!
Thanks again to @Snausages for last week. A real pleasure to see all those little cutties!
Next week is going to be a lot less comfortable for me but I'll try to rise to the challenge and especially get some ideas from the experts! @LKBNOLA sets the bar very, very high from the start!
In my wardrobe, there are very few patterns. I prefer plain clothes but I do go crazy with scarves that are quite intense in information. You can probably help me with some ideas... I love these trousers but I don't wear them much because I feel like I'm being disguised with too many patterns. Which scarf to wear with it? Any other suggestion?View attachment 5703564View attachment 5703568
Fantastic choices to mix here! I would have a hard time choosing.

Welcome to Day 7 - the final day - of the Paws for Thought theme week! Today we’re focusing on fantastical pets*.
What fantastical animal do you wish you could have as your pet? A unicorn or winged horse (winged unicorn?) would be high on my list. As would a GOT dire wolf. Godzilla would be fun, too!

Woof Woof, Awooooo!, L’Epopee 70
View attachment 5702841View attachment 5702845View attachment 5702840View attachment 5702843View attachment 5702842View attachment 5702844
(*Have no fear – any SOTD is on-theme!)

And thank you all for a lovely week! I’ve so enjoyed seeing so many scarves and so many pets! It’s been a delight to guest host - my hats off to the full-time scarf mistresses for coming up with a fun calendar!
LOVE your Chartuese Awoooo! I tried to have my SA track one down a long time ago but sold out in the US!

Reactions: Snausages
Good morning Scarflandia! With many thanks to @Snausages for a fabulous week, please get ready to transition to:
mix and match
idiom
:
(Merriam-Webster)

This week, our theme is "Pattern on Pattern," exploring this tried-and-true style concept in the context of our scarves. Every morning this week, I will give you a “prompt” to get you started along with some examples from my closet and others (including some of our own TPF mavens of this strategy). We will cover stripes and dots, florals and graphics, tops and bottoms, jewelry and outerwear as we make our way through the week.

For today, and to make a nice transition from our furry friend week, the focus is on animal prints! So whether you are already a “vintage” style icon like this:

View attachment 5703487
Or just starting on your independent style journey like my little granddaughter,
View attachment 5703489
“Embrace the power clash. You don't always have to match patterns. Mixing bold patterns like leopard print and plaid may seem like a fashion faux pas, but there’s a lot of power in selecting two prints that don’t share any commonalities. Anchor the look with a neutral item, like a black blazer or denim jacket.” (masterclass.com)

View attachment 5703495
View attachment 5703494
Wonderful introduction, LKB. I especially love your last combo. Very striking.

I don't even own animal print clothing, but I did pick up the Lazy Leopardesses a few seasons ago. Aside from one quick outing this scarf has stayed in its box. But, I'm bringing these ladies out now to commit the so-called fashion faux pas and mix an animal print scarf with a plaid shirt.

Looking forward to a wonderful week of amazing patterns and daring fashion. My scarf of the day is Lazy Leopardesses.

20230129_100607.jpg

Last edited:
Joining [slightly nervously] in on the fun with my "scarf of the year" - Jardin des metamorphoses - as I've declared this year to be one of the changes (and courage :smile:).

Styled in my "signature" "V-tuck". Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow much artwork to be seen, but it allows me to wear scarves without too much hassle (especially when being out and about), and I’m happy with that deal. :smile:

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

View attachment 5703465
Welcome @gga+ and there’s no need to be shy!

A very resonant choice of theme for many, I would think. I hope that there is a good mix of positive in with the change. Time always tells - sometimes it’s the unexpected changes that lead to the most surprising outcomes.

mix and match
idiom
:
(Merriam-Webster)

View attachment 5703487
View attachment 5703489

View attachment 5703495
View attachment 5703494
Oh my goodness, @LKBNOLA , where have you been hiding this pattern-matching talent??

Wonderful introduction to what will no doubt be a much more challenging week LKB! I don't know if I actually own anything with a pattern, strictly a solids only style here with scarves that tend to be busy and colorful to make up for it. I have on my checklist discovering at least one thing with some sort of pattern in my stash of things that have not been donated away. I may have to steal from my husband's plaids! In the meanwhile, I'll be sitting in the corner over here taking notes furiously this week, trying to learn from you more experienced and stylish experts!

Fab' intro!
Thanks again to @Snausages for last week. A real pleasure to see all those little cutties!
Next week is going to be a lot less comfortable for me but I'll try to rise to the challenge and especially get some ideas from the experts! @LKBNOLA sets the bar very, very high from the start!
In my wardrobe, there are very few patterns. I prefer plain clothes but I do go crazy with scarves that are quite intense in information. You can probably help me with some ideas... I love these trousers but I don't wear them much because I feel like I'm being disguised with too many patterns. Which scarf to wear with it? Any other suggestion?View attachment 5703564View attachment 5703568
I am leaning towards Caucasse, as there’s so much harmony between the colours. But if that’s too safe, I’d go with Ailes for the complimentary contrast in both colour and scale.

Fab' intro!
I think all these except the 1st scarf in the 1st photo (brown & ochre IMO are discordant with the pants) would look amazing with a solid colour top (dark -black, navy blue or ink, white might be a bit harsh). Really would love the pants with the Flowers of South Africa & the Cavaliers du Caucase (sp?). Together these combos would make a really chic outfit.

Wonderful introduction, LKB. I especially love your last combo. Very striking.

I don't even own animal print clothing, but I did pick up the Lazy Leopardesses a few seasons ago. Aside from one quick outing this scarf has stayed in its box. But, I'm bringing these ladies out now to commit the so-called fashion faux and mix an animal print scarf with a plaid shirt.

Looking forward to a wonderful week of amazing patterns and daring fashion. My scarf of the day is Lazy Leopardesses.

View attachment 5703580
My favourite corner !

View attachment 5703449
View attachment 5703448
I love your Wild Singapores @xincinsin (I spy that glorious SE)! what a super way to wear two of them! It’s such a luscious design, with a plethora of wonderful wildlife. Thank you for the mini-safari too: civet and hornbill are so different to anything we get here - wow! And… a jungle chicken (nearly)! You should definitely be first in line for a mythique phoenix as a companion, for the conclusion of furred and feathered friends week!

mix and match
idiom
:
(Merriam-Webster)

View attachment 5703487
View attachment 5703489

View attachment 5703495
View attachment 5703494

Wonderful introduction! Love the JL pairing!

Fabulous intro! Granddaughter is so cuuuuuute!

I don’t tend to mix/match animal prints much, it appears from the archives. But here’s a few fun ones!
View attachment 5703552View attachment 5703553View attachment 5703554View attachment 5703555
Gorgeous!

Fab' intro!
Love these trousers - and would combine them with FoSA and a plain white T-shirt.

I am a little bit late to the party but first my thanks to @Snausages for hosting this wonderful week of furry, feathery or other friends. We don’t discriminate in the pet category! I love to see all your beautiful cats, dogs, birds and horses :hbeat:
I have found out that as a cat lover I really need more scarfs with cats :thinking: I have to fill this void! Any excuses to buy more H are always welcome :happydance:
Please excuse this massive post!
So my contributions are:
On Tournez Manège a regal looking cat as well as a party of horse, pig, sheep and goat (I think) galloping along together.
A cat, a really big dog and some horses on Early America.
Some goats - if I am not mistaken - on my Pavement.
And the beautiful big furry dog on La Vie du Grand Nord
The real deal: my Miss Marple, really fluffy because half Persian. Her favorite pastime is to take place in the middle of my cutting table on top of the fabric always when I try to cut out something for sewing… Or on top of my sewing machine.
In addition my godchild-dog, Heidi, my best and oldest friend‘s dachshund. :heart:
View attachment 5701356View attachment 5701357View attachment 5701360View attachment 5701365
View attachment 5701368
View attachment 5701367
View attachment 5701374View attachment 5701352View attachment 5701353View attachment 5701354
What a fun post, Katharina. Beautiful scarves and I must check out Tournez Manège. Your sewing area is lovely, as is that Bernina. And your kitty! So sweet and balancing herself on your sewing machine. Minette is a Persian type, too - horizontal face, very long haired with densest undercoat I’ve ever seen - could live on Everest:lol:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.