Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids read it too, and mutter about vampiric bunnies when our veg in the fridge look limp :lol:

I was quite surprised to learn that in Vietnam, they celebrate the Year of the Cat rather than the Rabbit. I remember there was a song by that name. The big cat scarf which I find difficult to wear is Dallet's Panthera Pardus. The panther is majestic but hard to feature when you wear it. Here in a 90 and 2 gavs.
View attachment 5698568
You are the master of tying 2 gavs together… this really works for this design… So srriking!

I have 2 scarfs with bunnies. Both are from Kermit Oliver and both are framed. So I can’t wear them. Here they are, from “ the time when nothing is real” and” Texas wild life”. Speaking of what scarf to wear for my 1st work day of the CNY, I am debating between the red kachinas ( which I wore last year for CNY) and the gold Zenobie. Both are lucky colors for CNY. What do you think?

View attachment 5698570

View attachment 5698571

View attachment 5698572

View attachment 5698574
I acrually love both choices… Those KO graphics and details always take my breath away

I was searching for bunnies in my scarf collection and found more than I expected! Many of them are designs from recent years and there are some dupicates. It also happen to be three of my favourite, current scarf artists!

Sur Mon Nuage - Dmitri Rybaltchenko
View attachment 5698334

Sous le Charme d'Orphee by Alice Shirley - 90 double face and twillies

View attachment 5698337

Bonus rabbits on the twilly in the same design. I just wear twillys on my bags.
View attachment 5698689

Tea for two - Jonathan Burton

The bunny was one of the reason why I had to have this scarf in my collection. It's too cute!!

View attachment 5698687

Hermès Story - Jonathan Burton
View attachment 5698694
View attachment 5698695

Exposition Universelle - Jan Bajtlik

Possibly the scarf that fits with most SOTD themes. It has everything!
View attachment 5698690
View attachment 5698691

View attachment 5698336
Such wonderful examples! These Jonathan Burton and Jan Bajtlik scarves are so useful for these special themed days… plus they are a delight

Welcome to Day 2 of the Paws for Thought theme week! Today we're focusing on kitties*! Housecats. Kittycats. Pussycats. Tomcats. Grimalkins. There are somewhere between fifteen and 73 breeds of cat, depending on your source. These include the fluffy Persian, the sleek Siamese, the tail-less Manx and the hairless Sphynx. The smallest breed is the Singapura, which weighs under 5 pounds. The largest breed is the Maine Coon (aka fluff monster) which can weigh as much as 25 pounds.

There are many famous cats: Morris, Grumpy, Smudge, Puss in Boots, Garfield, Sylvester, the Cheshire Cat.

Man’s love of feline companionship is not new. In ancient Egypt, cats were sacred animals, and often mummified at the sanctuary of the cat goddess Bastet or entombed with their owners’ remains. Abraham Lincoln had two cats, one which was fed with a gold fork, and the other which was reputed to be smarter than Lincoln’s whole cabinet. France launched a cat into space (Felicette, who was chosen for her calm disposition, survived the flight), and tradition has a mouser with Britain’s Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street.

Kitties are featured prominently in Daphne Duchesne’s Les Chats, Christine Henry’s Cave Felem, and Florence Manlik’s Le Chat Carre.

View attachment 5698836View attachment 5698830
View attachment 5698832I went searching my scarf drawer for a good ol’ grimalkin, and found them in Pierre Marie’s La Maison des Carres, and Dimitri Rybaltchenko’s Sur Mon Nuage.
View attachment 5698831View attachment 5698833
View attachment 5698834View attachment 5698835

And so, my Silken Sisters and Brothers, I ask you to show me your kitties! Bonus points for showing your real life catkins!

(*Have no fear – wild cats will be featured later this week! And remember, any SOTD is on-theme!)
Such great examples! I especially love the Sur Mon Nuage on you

Oh, good morning and thank you @Snausages-- what great scarves and examples. I wish we could have cats at my house but everyone is so allergic (including me!) so we have to admire from afar and love our hypo-allergenic dogs! If I did have a cat, it might be tempted to nestle into one of my orange boxes and become as flat as the little kitty on my SOTD: Le Chat Carre!
View attachment 5698838
Such an unusual style! I can’t think of any other design quite like it… Looks amazing on you and it is so striking tied

Contributing some Chats. I have a weakness for kitties and BIN this design whenever I find it at a reasonable price point.
View attachment 5698848
A pic of Table - overhead view showing her rectangular figure :giggle: Also, there are entire websites devoted to the loaf form of dogs and cats. I just discovered them today! And fell off my chair when I saw this photo of an extremely loaflike corgi!
View attachment 5698847
Aaaaah! Such a special one! And, you have TWO?!

Happy Lunar Year of the Rabbit (or Cat) silkies! Lots of fUn furry deets and regretfully I released my Zodiac Rabbit scarf because I hoped to collect all the zodiac pochettes and H stopped producing my zodiac year (Ram) and DD’s (Year of the Monkey). But, the lovely winter to spring design Ballade de Heian makes up for the loss!

one of my fav furry creatures silks of the north: la Vie du grand Nord. Honore captured huskies, Polar bears and creatures with such sweet faces.

View attachment 5698849

View attachment 5698851

View attachment 5698852

View attachment 5698853
Beautiful silks… The Heian is a treasure and I am so happy to be your Vie du Grand Nord twin… Both are works of art

Here are some rabbits on Petit Venerie, or small game hunting, designed by Charles-Jean Hallo in 1971.

View attachment 5698671View attachment 5698670

My teal version is sisters with the red version shown by @Croisette7 yesterday. Petit Venerie is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5698870

And, my apologies to the sweet kitty on Sur Mon Nuage for missing her yesterday.

View attachment 5698854
OMG love the kitty cat!

Love the pops of red of this CW

Cave Felem ... In my dreams...
Seriously
View attachment 5698899View attachment 5698900
Oh wow! Looks like my Ponki! Adorable! And, beautiful CW of Chat Carré

Such beautiful and special kitties on these glorious scarves… And your kitty cats are so precious

You’re right! No bunnies, or cats, that I can find on Animapolis. That is a surprise, given the menagerie of mischief contained there. There are dogs though. 18 of them, to be precise. Can you find them all?

I have dogs on my mind, as my dear old boy is in for surgery today, which is always a worry, especially at his age. Wish us luck.

Animapolis then, is the scarf I choose for today. On theme, and a favourite for my very favourite boy while he’s at the Veterinary hospital. Excuse the hoodie; I am dressed for practicality today.
View attachment 5699084

Jan Bajtlik included an homage to Kluska, his dog, who is a central character and who appears repeatedly through the design. There are 18 Kluskas in Animapolis, including a dear one with Jan himself. Kluska makes an appearance in many of Jan’s designs.
View attachment 5699089

For anyone who wants to join the hunt, archive web pic below. It’s the charity SE edition (I don’t own it, but I wish I did: it’s a grail of mine!). Including this for anyone who wants to play, as I think it’s the clearest CW for finding Kluska!
View attachment 5699085
I will post the answers later today, so as not spoil the fun for anyone who wants to join in. Can you find them all?
Kluska is so cute! And, yes, so fun to play Where’s Waldo the Kluska version with this design!

Happy Sunday, Scarflandia, and welcome to a new theme week for SOTD. Not only is today the beginning of a new theme week, it’s the beginning of the Lunar New Year!

According to Chinese astrology, today marks the beginning of a Year of the Rabbit. So inspired, this week’s theme is Paws for Thought: Bunnies, kitties, dogs and other furbabies (or featherbabies, or scalebabies – go on and stretch that theme!).​

To start the week (and the year) I’m focusing today on the Rabbit. The bunny. The hare. The lagomorph. There are more than 60 bunny breeds, including several lops (dangly ears), those identified by countries of origin (American rabbit, Netherland dwarf rabbit, Polish rabbit - to name a few), and different variations of cottontail (Eastern cottontail, New England cottontail, Desert cottontail…). The Flemish giant rabbit weighs on average 15 pounds, while the Pygmy rabbit weights less than a pound.

There are many famous rabbits: the Easter Bunny, Bugs Bunny, the Energizer Bunny, the Cadbury Bunny, Peter Cottontail (aka Peter Rabbit), Jessica Rabbit (she’s not bad – she’s just drawn that way!), and Bambi’s friend Thumper.

Bunnies are featured prominently in Hugo Grykgar’s 1950s classic Le Bles (which actually celebrates the wheatfield), Claudia Stuhlhofer-Mayer’s La Magie (watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!), and the rabbit/duck illusion gav. And yes there was a Year of the Rabbit gav!
View attachment 5698186
View attachment 5698187
View attachment 5698189View attachment 5698184
I went searching my scarf drawer for rabbits, and found them in Texas Wildlife, Premier Chants, and DUJA.
View attachment 5698195View attachment 5698193View attachment 5698196View attachment 5698192

View attachment 5698191View attachment 5698194
And so, my Silken Sisters and Brothers, I ask you to show me your bunnies!

(No time for rabbit hunting? That’s ok – any SOTD is on-theme!)
Well - erm - I’m not sure what I did… but… fabulous intro @Snausages, and hello to my Les Bles twin!
(All I can say is that there was not enough coffee yesterday :facepalm:)

Couldn’t resist posting just a few more awesome bunnies

Just look at the beautiful hare and all the other animals in Les Mythologies des Hommes Rouges
F08C8202-3248-4479-AD41-6F09BD095E3D.jpeg
335FA625-5280-4BBD-AF1D-18FFC7F770DD.jpeg

Fleurs d’Hiver features mainly a repeating pattern of reindeer, but one of my favorite details is the border with all the cute critters, which includes bunnies
D8731A9A-0484-4BEA-B1DD-1F3C7FFF7965.jpeg
D76BE7B1-D76E-44CA-866B-FA338BC044EB.jpeg

And, one of the most iconic cats on an Hermès scarf: Cave Felem
D9461569-48E3-4941-8BE5-94D65F4439AB.jpeg
4BBC10CE-2788-4FE6-9B81-9E22EE8FF14B.jpeg

Peuple du Vent is full of delightful animals, including two dogs and a kitty cat
AD8CCDD8-DA23-46D8-BB65-383592F4464C.jpeg
7DB657A8-272F-43D3-9833-E1BFB53C11A9.jpeg

La Maison des Carres depicts a cute cat and dog in a couple of its vignettes. In that room, there is a woman with a goldfish and man with his dog
17800F1A-582B-4A52-8B4A-93DF05EDC25F.jpeg
In the scene top right, an airtist paints in the company of her cat
B7B73BD1-614D-4A2A-993B-FF820BFF729F.jpeg
A4CD990D-EB17-4DF3-AA26-4EBFC0B2B354.jpeg

Couldn’t resist posting just a few more awesome bunnies

Just look at the beautiful hare and all the other animals in Les Mythologies des Hommes Rouges
View attachment 5699164
View attachment 5699166

Fleurs d’Hiver features mainly a repeating pattern of reindeer, but one of my favorite details is the border with all the cute critters, which includes bunnies
View attachment 5699165
View attachment 5699163

And, one of the most iconic cats on an Hermès scarf: Cave Felem
View attachment 5699167
View attachment 5699168

Peuple du Vent is full of delightful animals, including two dogs and a kitty cat
View attachment 5699170
View attachment 5699171

La Maison des Carres depicts a cute cat and dog in a couple of its vignettes. In that room, there is a woman with a goldfish and man with his dog
View attachment 5699172
In the scene top right, an airtist paints in the company of her cat
View attachment 5699175
View attachment 5699208
Oh swoon, that black Peuple du Vent is divine :loveeyes: Your scarf collection makes me want to faint.... I need to invest in one of those Victorian fainting couches for viewing this thread
:lol:

You’re right! No bunnies, or cats, that I can find on Animapolis. That is a surprise, given the menagerie of mischief contained there. There are dogs though. 18 of them, to be precise. Can you find them all?

I have dogs on my mind, as my dear old boy is in for surgery today, which is always a worry, especially at his age. Wish us luck.

Animapolis then, is the scarf I choose for today. On theme, and a favourite for my very favourite boy while he’s at the Veterinary hospital. Excuse the hoodie; I am dressed for practicality today.
View attachment 5699084

Jan Bajtlik included an homage to Kluska, his dog, who is a central character and who appears repeatedly through the design. There are 18 Kluskas in Animapolis, including a dear one with Jan himself. Kluska makes an appearance in many of Jan’s designs.
View attachment 5699089

For anyone who wants to join the hunt, archive web pic below. It’s the charity SE edition (I don’t own it, but I wish I did: it’s a grail of mine!). Including this for anyone who wants to play, as I think it’s the clearest CW for finding Kluska!
View attachment 5699085
I will post the answers later today, so as not spoil the fun for anyone who wants to join in. Can you find them all?
This whole time I thought there was just one, LOL, but now I see 7 Kluskas and at least 7 non-human primates too. Monkeys! Monkeys! Monkeys!

Status
Not open for further replies.