Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minette and Chiff are beautiful, soulful, precious, and I can imagine how you miss them.
Maedi, thank you so much. Minette is still with us but I’ve been reluctant to bring up that she has kidney disease. She is doing well with her fluids and therapies, so we are very grateful. She’s been more herself these days! :hugs: to you.

Welcome to Day 7 - the final day - of the Paws for Thought theme week! Today we’re focusing on fantastical pets*.
What fantastical animal do you wish you could have as your pet? A unicorn or winged horse (winged unicorn?) would be high on my list. As would a GOT dire wolf. Godzilla would be fun, too!

Woof Woof, Awooooo!, L’Epopee 70
View attachment 5702841View attachment 5702845View attachment 5702840View attachment 5702843View attachment 5702842View attachment 5702844
(*Have no fear – any SOTD is on-theme!)

And thank you all for a lovely week! I’ve so enjoyed seeing so many scarves and so many pets! It’s been a delight to guest host - my hats off to the full-time scarf mistresses for coming up with a fun calendar!
Thank you for a fun-filled week. I feel like we all have even greater camaraderie on this thread now after sharing our dear pets.

A fuschia snek sounds beautiful! The ones around here are less vibrant. Was walking the pooches one day and stepped over a stick… that moved after we’d passed it.

I’m more afraid of pelicans! They are ENORMOUS and I’ve seen them eat things that would put a snake to shame. (Shudder)

And so as not to end my reply on a shudder… true penguin story: a friend fell into a penguin exhibit at a zoo when he was a teenager. To this day he fears them!
Lol. I love and am fascinated by pelicans.

Maedi, thank you so much. Minette is still with us but I’ve been reluctant to bring up that she has kidney disease. She is doing well with her fluids and therapies, so we are very grateful. She’s been more herself these days! :hugs: to you.
I am so glad and am sorry I misunderstood. Kidney disease seems common among cats. Our cat never drinks inside which worries me. I have bought the cat fountain but she didn't like that either. May Minette be well, she's so precious.

We are having a cold snap in Singapore due, supposedly, to the effects of the polar vortex. And while the locals love cooler weather, 22 degrees C with nonstop rain and an icy wind is really chilly :-s

Looking forward to warmer times when I can wear my Wild Singapore again.
20200902_082149.jpg
And a few glimpses of the wildlife in our urban jungle: a civet cat on a neighbour's wall - it was caterwauling in the middle of the night. A hornbill in a rooftop garden in the middle of the shopping district, 10 mins away from my home H. And a cockerel which escaped another neighbour's garden and strolled through our front yard.
Picsart_23-01-28_16-10-59-366.jpg

Joining [slightly nervously] in on the fun with my "scarf of the year" - Jardin des metamorphoses - as I've declared this year to be one of the changes (and courage :smile:).

Styled in my "signature" "V-tuck". Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow much artwork to be seen, but it allows me to wear scarves without too much hassle (especially when being out and about), and I’m happy with that deal. :smile:

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 11.42.42.png

Joining [slightly nervously] in on the fun with my "scarf of the year" - Jardin des metamorphoses - as I've declared this year to be one of the changes (and courage :smile:).

Styled in my "signature" "V-tuck". Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow much artwork to be seen, but it allows me to wear scarves without too much hassle (especially when being out and about), and I’m happy with that deal. :smile:

View attachment 5703465
Be brave more often ! Nice post and well done for your resolution!

This silk really should not remain in your drawer! This steely grey is gorgeous! Love it! The yellow is just the tiny bit of contrast that makes it shine even more imo! And with a crisp white shirt in summer and silver jewelry it would be stunning :love:

The more I see the Orphée the more I love it. But all three are absolutely beautiful :love:

As my scarf of the day a big fat owl on my Kawa Ora :smile: View attachment 5702657View attachment 5702658

Thank you, KL, and this is a great cw for Kawa Ora!

Beautiful!

Gorgeous!!
Thank you, Pirula!

Thank you, Magjes, for your compliments, and spot on for the weekly theme!

Hello, Scarfies! I am back in a limited way and will never be able to catch up, but I want to join in and so will start by following dear @Snausages’ journey as host, starting with Monday, as I already chimed in on bunnies.

These are wonderful examples of our feline-themed scarves, Snausages, and I love the cat information, being krazy for kitties. Le Chat is iconic. The reclining Sealpoint in the foreground reminds me of my beauty, Minette, a queen if ever there was one. You’ve seen this before but it’s worth showing again for this theme.
View attachment 5702773

This is her son, Chiff, my beloved boy who left us on September 19. Wearing Dans un Jardin Anglais twilly.
View attachment 5702767
And a photo of a most adorable birthday card I received, photo by Rachel Hale, this little darling is all dressed up for tea and crumpets. She would look so fab in H silk :giggle:.
View attachment 5702766
Lovely, Karenska!

Oh, my goodness! Pages and pages of wonderful posts and silks-- I can never hope to catch up! I had a lovely lovely lunch with a scarfie friend on Wednesday and got home to a bit of a curve ball and have not been to surface until just now. All will be well and a few deep breaths later, here are some mod shots in my attempt to jump back in to the thread and the theme...
A shared twin goodness with my lovely young scarfie friend-- I was reminded how very very beautiful this cw of Into the Canadian Wild is. My first duplicate; started with the red hemmed one and added this because it was so soft and spring-like. But it is full of the wildlife even if they are a fauna of a different color...
Editing to add: The lovely glass ring on my twilly was made by our own @bunnycat!
View attachment 5702769
And here are some doggies from way back in the week on the twilly version of En Liberte, just as fetching (pun intended) as the 90!...
View attachment 5702771
And here, with my slightly uncooperative little Scout as a model, is my attempt at a "meta" mod shot with Tea for Two. This one gets me a rabbit, a cat, a horse, even a tiny dragon and of course, a pup. As a lifelong multi-generation four o clock tea drinker with a new puppy, y'all can see why I had to have this scarf!
View attachment 5702777
And now to scroll through the Week That Was...

This is a wonderful post! It’s apparent you love all creatures great and small, dear Snausages, even squirmy snakes - more power to ya, my blood runs cold just like theirs when I even think of them. I am both repelled and fascinated. I love their place in nature, just don’t bring one near me. But to prove I’m a live and let live kinda gal, I did wax poetical back on Jan 9, 2022 SOTD about a tiny fuscia pit viper I saw in the herpetarium at the National Zoo :lol:.
Focusing on our feathered friends, pelicans, penquins, an owl and eagle.
View attachment 5702800View attachment 5702802View attachment 5702803View attachment 5702804

Thank you to everyone for the likes and loves and comments-- I have loved all your photos and am commenting mostly on those that feature your critters as well as your lovely silks!

Yes @Coco2606 -- I believe it was AW2021.

Thank you both @Croisette7 and @Snausages!

Twins on both Les Bassets @Naessi and your little "Kluska" is precious...and so nicely styled!

Your Ispahan is very very glam @Coco2606... and I am not sure about Cerberus as a pet but great catch!

Beautiful-- you do warm colors so very well @Living.la.vida.fifi ...

This scarf is gorgeous and congratulations on finding such a beauty @EtsyBoss. Now if only we could get an audio of your dinner party...

You look beautiful in all your scarves @bunnycat but I am terribly sorry you had a fall-- we are dealing with that at my house too and it is No Fun At All...please rest up and get well soon!

I could not love this happy, exuberant post any more than I do @hotgalaxy and how fantastic to find a charming and whimsical scarf that is such a perfect illustration of so many wonderful life events and memories...

Your DuJA is a dream on you @laurenad ...

Stunning photo @Stylehound-- your pooch is magnificently gorgeous with the most alert and beautiful eyes.

Thank you @Maedi! I am twins on that one too! The pink was an unexpected and irresistible find-- pure lagniappe.

These are all fantastic but the Accident Scarf takes the cake @Snausages-- just fabulous.

What a great photo @Smae-ze -- Charlie is wonderful!

Fantastic! I like to see your Quality Control manager hard at work in the sewing room and that is a beautiful beautiful photo of you with your god-dog @Katharina Luise! (wonderful scarves and great vignettes for the theme too!)

How could you not have this scarf @Naessi? And what a terrific action shot too...What a beauty (horse and rider)

What a cutie @MAGJES-- we have the same doggie beds for our sweeties. You must miss that sweet Sophie every day.

Yes! And I am here to bear witness to the beauty of that CSGM and all its wonderful colors, details and of course the killer hem. A lovely way to spend an afternoon-- in friendship and silky splendor @Nomad!

All so wonderful but congratulations on your beautiful new Pavement @Living.la.vida.fifi -- a very favorite design...

They are gorgeous @Barbette!

We have coyotes and many many wild marine animals in our neck of the woods @Snausages-- love your beautiful scarves and I do hope you achieve your fat bear bucket list item-- you will be well-scarved when you do!

This is just fabulous in art and coloring @momasaurus.

Wonderful @Smae-ze -- I am your sister in the 90 version...

Aw, sweet photo @Coco2606 -- and wonderful scarves of course.

Love both scarves and not a big fan of iguanas and large lizards of any kind @Cookiefiend-- they were ubiquitous where I grew up and I never liked them then either!

How fantastic and I am so thrilled for you that you have such a beautiful talisman scarf to memorialize all your sightings @shrpthorn!

:lol: sisters on this wonderful and humorous CSGM @EtsyBoss-- I had to have the "Bookcase Cats" and this one is a favorite of mine, too. Wonderful colors!

It is beautiful on you @Lellabelle and both y'all if you cannot figure it out, please send it on to meeeeee. I know exactly what I would do with this beauty--long been on my wish list...

Always beautiful and so happy to see you @Agrume.

Wonderful all-- cats silks and comments @Karenska. Glad you could pop back in!

Hahaha @Redbirdhermes-- that was the plan, actually but my photographer DH is unfortunately otherwhere at the moment so I had to improvise! Taking a selfie with a new silk scarf around your neck and a squirmy pup who is trying hard to get the small treat in your camera hand... well, I am amazed scarf, dog, phone all survived...

Love all these @Karenska-- especially with your orange and pink sweaters...
Thank you, LKBNOLA “

Welcome to Day 7 - the final day - of the Paws for Thought theme week! Today we’re focusing on fantastical pets*.
What fantastical animal do you wish you could have as your pet? A unicorn or winged horse (winged unicorn?) would be high on my list. As would a GOT dire wolf. Godzilla would be fun, too!

Woof Woof, Awooooo!, L’Epopee 70
View attachment 5702841View attachment 5702845View attachment 5702840View attachment 5702843View attachment 5702842View attachment 5702844
(*Have no fear – any SOTD is on-theme!)

And thank you all for a lovely week! I’ve so enjoyed seeing so many scarves and so many pets! It’s been a delight to guest host - my hats off to the full-time scarf mistresses for coming up with a fun calendar!

Love the details and the color of Jardin! Drooling at DUJA and wishing Orphee had made it to my boutique
Thank you, Snausages, and thank you for hosting! Love your awooooo!

The Boulevards is a great design!

Thank you so much for being a wonderful guest host this week, @Snausages . I'd like to finish with last night's scarf mail. Here are two of the delightful monsters of our dreams as imagined by Jan Bajtlik.

View attachment 5703007View attachment 5703008View attachment 5703009

It is single digits Fahrenheit for the next few days, so my new warm giant triangle will get some use. My scarf of the day is Sweet Dreams CSGT.

View attachment 5703011
Good colour pairing, RBH!

The Royal Mews for Karenska

View attachment 5703046

Wonderful, Croisette!

Heading out to an alfresco dinner with DH and friends wearing this beautiful wash 140 scarf, The Cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus by Robert Dallet). This scarf was purchased on impulse and is probably my most worn scarf. Now that my beautiful dog Bella has left us, the kangaroos are back! Found this cheeky one yesterday eating the grapes and vine leaves! View attachment 5703245View attachment 5703246
Such a great scarf!

We are having a cold snap in Singapore due, supposedly, to the effects of the polar vortex. And while the locals love cooler weather, 22 degrees C with nonstop rain and an icy wind is really chilly :-s

Looking forward to warmer times when I can wear my Wild Singapore again.
View attachment 5703449
And a few glimpses of the wildlife in our urban jungle: a civet cat on a neighbour's wall - it was caterwauling in the middle of the night. A hornbill in a rooftop garden in the middle of the shopping district, 10 mins away from my home H. And a cockerel which escaped another neighbour's garden and strolled through our front yard.
View attachment 5703448
Thank you for sharing these!

View attachment 5703465
This is a perfect pairing of those colours, and yes, be brave!

Status
Not open for further replies.