YSL price increase

So cool! Seems some of us pulled the trigger on black hardware before the price increase!

I'm thinking since there is a two-year warranty, we can enjoy our cool bags and just send the bags for repair if the black hardware chips.
I bought the black on black College bag earlier this year and the SA told me that the warranty does not include chipping of the black hardware as this is considered normal wear and tear. I bought it anyway as I think it is absolutely gorgeous. I just don't think about it and enjoy the bag. Enjoy your new Sunset bag - it's a stunner :loveeyes: .

I bought the black on black College bag earlier this year and the SA told me that the warranty does not include chipping of the black hardware as this is considered normal wear and tear. I bought it anyway as I think it is absolutely gorgeous. I just don't think about it and enjoy the bag. Enjoy your new Sunset bag - it's a stunner :loveeyes: .

The black on black college is so cool!

Did you hardware chip? If it happens, will they still repair it, just with a fee? Or totally won't be repaired?

The black on black college is so cool!

Did you hardware chip? If it happens, will they still repair it, just with a fee? Or totally won't be repaired?
It did not chip so far, but I have also not used it a lot yet. I don't know, but I'd assume that they would offer repair / or replacement of the chain with a fee. The good thing with the college bag is that the chain is detachable, So I could easily replace it.

Reactions: Antigone
My partner got me the black on black Sunset. The black hardware on the sunset makes me giddy everytime I see it but the chipping...:sad:

Now I'm wondering if I should have been sensible and got the antique gold hardware instead. But I don't really like gold hardware bags and all my Saint Laurent bags have silver hardware.
oh my
how is the chipping?
can you please tell me, what color do you see after the black hardware chipped?
is it silver or gold or dark silver/gunmental hw?

oh my
how is the chipping?
can you please tell me, what color do you see after the black hardware chipped?
is it silver or gold or dark silver/gunmental hw?
Oh sorry, it hasn't chipped (I haven't used it), I just meant I'm afraid of the black hardware chipping. There are several threads here that talk about it.

Reactions: Mei90
They are a reputable retailer, same family as Flannels. But owned at the top by the head of Sports Direct. Customer service is so-so, returns are not free unless defects. But they are a reputable business. I’ve read elsewhere that they don’t need to raise their prices like other retailers, because they buy the stock themselves first.
Bummer, looks like Cruisefashion also raised their prices--just did it later than the other retailers.

Holiday greetings, fellow YSL lovers.
I want to get a Lou Camera bag in Taupe (preferably with the new outside pocket although not a deal breaker if it doesn't have it), and I would ideally want to get it with some type of discount. I've looked everywhere and it seems none of the typical discount codes are working anymore. I tried Farfetch, Net-A-Porter, Neimans, Saks, Bergdorfs, Nordstrom, etc.

It would be nice to get at least a 10% off somehow, because these price increases have been insane.
Ideas are welcome. Thank you and Happy New Year!:heart::drinks:

Last edited:
I want to get a Lou Camera bag in Taupe (preferably with the new outside pocket although not a deal breaker if it doesn't have it), and I would ideally want to get it with some type of discount. I've looked everywhere and it seems none of the typical discount codes are working anymore. I tried Farfetch, Net-A-Porter, Neimans, Saks, Bergdorfs, Nordstrom, etc.

It would be nice to get at least a 10% off somehow, because these price increases have been insane.
No back pocket. FWRD has 10% off 1st purchase via the app or 1st purchase I can't remember. If you add your Bday then they usually give you 10% off around that date--I do not know if it is stackable. They recently had 15% off but I don't know if that code still works--see deals thread. Check Rakuten/ShopStyle. Also I don't have Capital One Shopping and some other Capital One thing but you may want to check those bc people have mentioned up to I think 30% cash back with one of the big dept stores a while back. I'm not feeling too great today otherwise I would be more detailed and check a few other things for you. If I think of anything else later though I will reply again later. Happy new year!

Try signing up with rakuten. Keep checking the various stores on there. You get cash back. I have purchased YSL getting 15% cash back from neiman and a 20% from bergdorf. They often have 10% (not currently but I’m sure they will again.). Also just keep checking on line.

No back pocket. FWRD has 10% off 1st purchase via the app or 1st purchase I can't remember. If you add your Bday then they usually give you 10% off around that date--I do not know if it is stackable. They recently had 15% off but I don't know if that code still works--see deals thread. Check Rakuten/ShopStyle. Also I don't have Capital One Shopping and some other Capital One thing but you may want to check those bc people have mentioned up to I think 30% cash back with one of the big dept stores a while back. I'm not feeling too great today otherwise I would be more detailed and check a few other things for you. If I think of anything else later though I will reply again later. Happy new year!
Happy NY! And thank you so much for the tips. I will try with FWRD. I signed up but never received a first order code. I also noticed there is an actual Elyse Walker site that is different from FWRD, which is supposed to be owned by Elyse Walker.
They have different items and prices so I’m a bit confused. Will keep trying on both sites.
Any other sites I could be forgetting? Thanks again, darling. :flowers:

Try signing up with rakuten. Keep checking the various stores on there. You get cash back. I have purchased YSL getting 15% cash back from neiman and a 20% from bergdorf. They often have 10% (not currently but I’m sure they will again.). Also just keep checking on line.
Thank you! I love Rakuten. Have been using it for a while and I’ve saved quite a bit.
Thing is, the taupe color is only available on sites that only give 1 or 2% cash back. Would like at least 10% off (to justify it in my shopaholic head) so I can feel that I got it on “sale” at least. You know how it is. :biggrin:

I also haven’t seen the 15 or 20% cash back on there for a while. NM and BG are usually 10% but right now they’re 5%.
Thanks again and do keep me posted if you see any other deal.

Reactions: snibor
Thank you! I love Rakuten. Have been using it for a while and I’ve saved quite a bit.
Thing is, the taupe color is only available on sites that only give 1 or 2% cash back. Would like at least 10% off (to justify it in my shopaholic head) so I can feel that I got it on “sale” at least. You know how it is. :biggrin:

I also haven’t seen the 15 or 20% cash back on there for a while. NM and BG are usually 10% but right now they’re 5%.
Thanks again and do keep me posted if you see any other deal.
Happy new year! I know how it is, especially with the recent price increases! Yeesh they have been tough!
You can try messaging or calling FWRD customer care and see if they will send you a new customer promo code or maybe even honor the 15% discount around Christmas since you missed that sale. Wost they can say is no. I called them before about something different once and they have very good customer service so I think it is worth reaching out to them.
Right now there's only 1 YSL bag that I'm really really wanting but I am trying to hold off on that one or anything else until I can get a much bigger discount--will see if that happens though. Will try to keep you in mind if I run across an especially stellar deal.

Reactions: WillWordForBags
Any other sites I could be forgetting? Thanks again, darling. :flowers:
I think it was FWRD by Elyse Walker but then I think FWRD spun off and then Elyse Walker created anotger site. I'm not positive though. Elyse Walker is a legit site with some physical stores but I have never ordered from them in person or online. The only other small boutiques that I know of that sell YSL bags--but I have never ordered from--are The Webster and Mitchell Stores. The Webster is slow about marking prices up but don't have a lot of items and I think they have a 1st customer discount as well. Not sure about Mitchell Stores.

Reactions: WillWordForBags
Happy new year! I know how it is, especially with the recent price increases! Yeesh they have been tough!
You can try messaging or calling FWRD customer care and see if they will send you a new customer promo code or maybe even honor the 15% discount around Christmas since you missed that sale. Wost they can say is no. I called them before about something different once and they have very good customer service so I think it is worth reaching out to them.
Right now there's only 1 YSL bag that I'm really really wanting but I am trying to hold off on that one or anything else until I can get a much bigger discount--will see if that happens though. Will try to keep you in mind if I run across an especially stellar deal.
I hear you. Finding a deal is the only way to keep purchasing these bags, moving forward. I will keep looking for better prices too. Otherwise it doesn’t feel worth it anymore.

And will totally contact FWRD. Thank you for that. I checked again and they never sent me any codes so hopefully, they’ll want to help.