How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

I am over 11 months post smas facelift and all is holding nicely at age 56.5 years of age. I weigh 95.2 lbs. Here is today's selfie at arm's length which seems to be the most accurate for android selfies. As my right cheekbone is bigger than my left cheekbone, I worked out I look better from my left profile!

I had a look at 70 yo Sharon Osbourne who has had 5 facelifts and her eyes are tiny! This may be a side effect of too many facelifts?

20221207_175130.jpg

20221207_222924.jpg

Good luck @justbeingmejose! Let bio clinic know asap you are flying for a consult. Idk his schedule so can't say if they can fit you in for surgery on this trip. I booked my surgeries at mvp before I flew out. Korean surgeons are amazing with scars. Part of being a plastic surgeon there is fine suturing leaving almost invisible scars. I would call mvp and kakao to reach them to schedule my op. You could try all the comms ports to reach Bio.
34K for FL revision with Dr. Dongman Park. Ummmm, no sir.

Reactions: MissOrange
@MissOrange you probably don't remember me but we were in the same kakao group chat for people who were going to Korea in 2020! I had been talking with you about fat grafting back then after mine went badly. I'm curious to know how your fat grafts are now and if you'd still recommend MVP? I'm looking to get mine fixed.

Your smas facelift looks amazing, by the way! I've been following you on Instagram and just want to say I love all your updates.

@MissOrange you probably don't remember me but we were in the same kakao group chat for people who were going to Korea in 2020! I had been talking with you about fat grafting back then after mine went badly. I'm curious to know how your fat grafts are now and if you'd still recommend MVP? I'm looking to get mine fixed.

Your smas facelift looks amazing, by the way! I've been following you on Instagram and just want to say I love all your updates.
Hi @derpbunnie, please send me an IG message to remind me. I am now done with facial fat grafts and am happy with the fat content. I would say in hindsight, I needed prednisolone tablets for a week postop to prevent the skin stretching from swelling. But as I did not know this, each time the face swelled after full face fat grafting, the face then deswelled, looked great for a month but continued to deflate and then sagged big time! Partly my fault as I did not know I needed to feed the fat for 4 months postop. This made me desperate to fly back to Korea 2 months later to get a top up. But yet again it inflated then deflated and I got into a never ending cycle of flying back to Korea, getting more fat put in, swelling, deswelling, losing the fat and sagging more and more in my lower face.

What I should have done is take a week of prednisolone postop so the face did not swell up like a balloon and I should have eaten a lot of protein and fat for 4 months to keep the fat grafted cells alive. I do not think Korean surgeons prescribe prednisolone. If you have 3 full face fat grafts, you may end up needing a lower facelift like I got. I literally lost track of how many face fat grafts I had including top ups but would guess 5?! It ultimately stretched my lower face skin by a whopping 7 cms!!! Best to stop after 2 or 3 facial fat transfers and get a lower facelift or take postop pred so the skin does not stretch and no facelift is then required later.

Dr Seo, who did my better facial fat grafts, has left MVP and is now at his own clinic Machimpyo, same area Apgujeong. From what I hear, it is difficult for foreigners to get in touch. Most of his patients are locals and his bread and butter are upper blepharoplasties.

Last edited:
34K for FL revision with Dr. Dongman Park. Ummmm, no sir.
Hi @justbeingmejose, wow!!!! OMG! $34,000! Okay well that rules out Dr Park forever! No point in following him now on IG. lol. Only rich Chinese tourists can afford his inflated prices or local Koreans who pay a fraction. Let’s hope my £3495 smas plication facelift with Dr Nick Rhodes lasts 10 years! I would say everyone get a free virtual consult or face to face consult and fly to York, UK, for his £4k facelift or £9k face and neck lift but make sure you source postop prednisolone steroids. I have not needed any botox or fillers, which is the ultimate test to see if the facelift was successful! And don’t believe lines that we continue to age so the facelift will not last! It should last at least a decade in my opinion if done right without significant postop swelling. I totally object to paying towards a plastic surgeon’s ferrari or Rolls Royce or Beverly Hills mansion!

What did View and Banobagi quote you? I consulted at View, Girin and Namu for a facelift in Jan 2020.

Last edited:
Here is a closeup of the scars after smas facelift and then retightening. Nick has achieved invisible scars by putting zero tension on the skin when he closes. At 11 months out, this is a brilliant result. Even my bullhorn lip lift needed kenalog steroid injection to flatten my scar at a year postop but Nick's facelift work is amazing and no steroid injections required. My periareolar scars needed umpteen steroid injections to flatten the scars as the periareolar mastopexy puts enormous skin tension on the periareolar sutures to hold up the breasts! Never ever get this procedure. Always go for the full lollipop or anchor breast lift. No one ever sees my chest now as it is extremely obvious with the uneven pigment and spillage of pigment that my areolas look like they have been damaged. This makes me appreciate so much more the surgeon who left me with zero scars, ie Dr Nick Rhodes of Coppergate Clinic in York, UK, a 13 minute stroll through the historic city centre from York rail station. Parts of York were used to film Harry Potter! The diagonal creases on my earlobes are Frank’s sign, which suggests coronary artery atherosclerosis but I chalk that up to having high cholesterol and high lipoprotein A. It just means that in my 70s I may get a stroke like my father, grandmother and aunts unless I can maintain a dairy free and protein low diet. The word lipo means fat and protein means protein! Simples! lol.

Now a word of advice, if after your facelift your surgeon uses excuses like aging continues, you need to still use fillers, then this may suggest poor work by the surgeon or what happens when you don’t take postop steroids to keep swelling and skin stretch to a minimal.

I have seen ladies post facelift complain of drop and urged to use dermal fillers by friends instead of being persistent to get free retightening and this time use postop steroids. The hallmark of a great facelift is that you never need to go back to dermal fillers, a non surgical facelift. I have also seen ladies post lip lift go back to thin upper lips after deswelling. This means the lip lift was too conservative. Remember a young lady’s philtrum should be 11-13 mms in length. If the surgeon does not cut enough skin away, the upper lip may not evert and stay full. I am almost 6 years post bullhorn lip lift after a whopping 9 mms of skin or almost 2 cms was cut away and my upper lip is still very full. In my 40s I required upper lip restylane fillers every 2 months but in my 50s I needed nil. The bullhorn pays for itself.

Screenshot_20221210-085018_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221210-085100_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gats
MissOrange, what do you think about chin implants? i'd like to get a V-shape face but without the v-line surgery. I'm afraid that my skin wont be tight enough to snap back.
Hi @Teina, interestingly facelifts bulk up the midface/cheeks and may then make the chin look smaller as the skin is pulled up. If the face is pulled tight across the cheeks, it can even make the eyes look smaller. Some surgeons recommend a chin implant if the face looks too round after a facelift. A long face may end up rounder and it depends on whether the patient is okay with this. Even with v line surgery, some Korean surgeons want to create a sharp pointy chin by moving bone to the chin and fixing it there. I think it depends on what your aesthetics are. In Japan a small chin is desirable. In Korea, a pointy chin with V line jaw is desirable. In the US a square jaw is more desirable. I think my aesthetic is more towards the Japanese look.

The pro is a pointy V line chin if done well. But the cons with a chin implant is if a too big implant is placed, it creates a masculine, strong chin and if removed or exchanged there is still loose skin from the stretch. Or the chin implant may become infected or rejected as it is a foreign body and this can happen in the short term or long term. Have you tried fillers to see if you like a bigger pointy chin? I would say try fillers to achieve the V line look first before you spend $1000s on a chin implant. Once you put an implant in, you start the cycle of replacements every 2-5 years on average and rarely every 10 years. Prices of surgery escalate each year so one has to factor this in whenever one gets any foreign body implant as even removal costs $$$$. I have made it a point now never to get a foreign body implant after spending a fortune on implants with all its complications, replacements, removals and fixing sagging skin.

Reactions: philirina45
Hi @derpbunnie, please send me an IG message to remind me. I am now done with facial fat grafts and am happy with the fat content. I would say in hindsight, I needed prednisolone tablets for a week postop to prevent the skin stretching from swelling. But as I did not know this, each time the face swelled after full face fat grafting, the face then deswelled, looked great for a month but continued to deflate and then sagged big time! Partly my fault as I did not know I needed to feed the fat for 4 months postop. This made me desperate to fly back to Korea 2 months later to get a top up. But yet again it inflated then deflated and I got into a never ending cycle of flying back to Korea, getting more fat put in, swelling, deswelling, losing the fat and sagging more and more in my lower face.

What I should have done is take a week of prednisolone postop so the face did not swell up like a balloon and I should have eaten a lot of protein and fat for 4 months to keep the fat grafted cells alive. I do not think Korean surgeons prescribe prednisolone. If you have 3 full face fat grafts, you may end up needing a lower facelift like I got. I literally lost track of how many face fat grafts I had including top ups but would guess 5?! It ultimately stretched my lower face skin by a whopping 7 cms!!! Best to stop after 2 or 3 facial fat transfers and get a lower facelift or take postop pred so the skin does not stretch and no facelift is then required later.

Dr Seo, who did my better facial fat grafts, has left MVP and is now at his own clinic Machimpyo, same area Apgujeong. From what I hear, it is difficult for foreigners to get in touch. Most of his patients are locals and his bread and butter are upper blepharoplasties.
This is the first time I've heard about taking prednisolone after fat grafts; that makes so much sense. Thanks for sharing this knowledge! The problem I had with mine was that the fat on the left side of my forehead disappeared, leaving a weird looking indentation, while the right side was fine, and the nerve on the left side (supraorbital nerve) might have been damaged, according to what one doctor told me. Needless to say, I'm not going back to that same clinic.

I just checked out Machimpyo and their website appears to have an English version! I will try to get in touch with them and see what happens. Thanks for the info!

FYI my IG is @itzwhuteva. I tried to message you there first actually but it must have gotten stuck in your message request inbox, so I deleted it and tried contacting you here instead xD

This is the first time I've heard about taking prednisolone after fat grafts; that makes so much sense. Thanks for sharing this knowledge! The problem I had with mine was that the fat on the left side of my forehead disappeared, leaving a weird looking indentation, while the right side was fine, and the nerve on the left side (supraorbital nerve) might have been damaged, according to what one doctor told me. Needless to say, I'm not going back to that same clinic.

I just checked out Machimpyo and their website appears to have an English version! I will try to get in touch with them and see what happens. Thanks for the info!

FYI my IG is @itzwhuteva. I tried to message you there first actually but it must have gotten stuck in your message request inbox, so I deleted it and tried contacting you here instead xD
Hi @derpbunnie, I have messaged you on IG.

Hi @Teina, interestingly facelifts bulk up the midface/cheeks and may then make the chin look smaller as the skin is pulled up. If the face is pulled tight across the cheeks, it can even make the eyes look smaller. Some surgeons recommend a chin implant if the face looks too round after a facelift. A long face may end up rounder and it depends on whether the patient is okay with this. Even with v line surgery, some Korean surgeons want to create a sharp pointy chin by moving bone to the chin and fixing it there. I think it depends on what your aesthetics are. In Japan a small chin is desirable. In Korea, a pointy chin with V line jaw is desirable. In the US a square jaw is more desirable. I think my aesthetic is more towards the Japanese look.

The pro is a pointy V line chin if done well. But the cons with a chin implant is if a too big implant is placed, it creates a masculine, strong chin and if removed or exchanged there is still loose skin from the stretch. Or the chin implant may become infected or rejected as it is a foreign body and this can happen in the short term or long term. Have you tried fillers to see if you like a bigger pointy chin? I would say try fillers to achieve the V line look first before you spend $1000s on a chin implant. Once you put an implant in, you start the cycle of replacements every 2-5 years on average and rarely every 10 years. Prices of surgery escalate each year so one has to factor this in whenever one gets any foreign body implant as even removal costs $$$$. I have made it a point now never to get a foreign body implant after spending a fortune on implants with all its complications, replacements, removals and fixing sagging skin.
Thank you. I didn't consider the risk. I've never really heard anyone talk about the chin implant being an issue. I'll look into genioplasty. I'm 29, i dont think i'll be qualified for the face lift.