Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

I would like to share a very special rehab today from a very special person :smile:

My good friend @Morgan_Bellini found & gifted me this courier because she knew I had wanted a regular sized one for a very long time. The original owner had the piping replaced by Coach & as a result, it looks like a beautiful spectator courier! Thank you x 1000 for being the reason I have both of my couriers MB, you are the absolute best! I can’t believe this bag is mine!:hbeat::hugs:

Before:
66E633E2-768A-457F-B61B-00CAFC713F06.jpeg

After:
B833B68C-0259-43E1-A5D6-021635BD5113.jpeg

Hello! I am trying my first rehab on a $14 goodwill find based on lots of time reading the tips in this thread and all the awesome videos linked/referenced. After a bath and a couple rounds of leather CPR, it’s looking pretty great! But I have one ink stain and a minor smudgy kind of stain I’m not sure how to address. It’s darker in person it was hard to get the camera to focus on it. Should I bother trying to remove or should I let it be?

The only other issue is on the strap- where the ends of the binding meet is a little loose. Is there a way to glue these back down?
9E65A98D-1649-4375-962F-EFC68B12B04F.jpeg

Reactions: Tilis and LadaZuri
I would like to share a very special rehab today from a very special person :smile:

My good friend @Morgan_Bellini found & gifted me this courier because she knew I had wanted a regular sized one for a very long time. The original owner had the piping replaced by Coach & as a result, it looks like a beautiful spectator courier! Thank you x 1000 for being the reason I have both of my couriers MB, you are the absolute best! I can’t believe this bag is mine!:hbeat::hugs:

Before:
View attachment 5615603

After:
View attachment 5615604

It is stunning, Ca!!! :loveeyes: You do absolutely awesome restorations! :flowers:

Before:
View attachment 5615603

After:
View attachment 5615604
:faint:

Hello! I am trying my first rehab on a $14 goodwill find based on lots of time reading the tips in this thread and all the awesome videos linked/referenced. After a bath and a couple rounds of leather CPR, it’s looking pretty great! But I have one ink stain and a minor smudgy kind of stain I’m not sure how to address. It’s darker in person it was hard to get the camera to focus on it. Should I bother trying to remove or should I let it be?

The only other issue is on the strap- where the ends of the binding meet is a little loose. Is there a way to glue these back down?
View attachment 5615746
I lean toward less is more for that spot. What do the ends look like? Would love to see the whole bag…

I lean toward less is more for that spot. What do the ends look like? Would love to see the whole bag…

It’s just a little loose now- I’ve been trying to press it down each time I apply conditioner. The whole bag after I just brought it home is first photo, then with two layers of cpr is second photo! It was really in pretty good shape- very dry and some scuffs and scrapes. It’s funny there are lots of scrapes in one direction on the non pocket side- like they shoved it underneath something everyday.
4F96E918-188C-4EC6-9079-6E2443FA56E2.jpeg84BFD48E-5FE8-4530-9E0D-9DE7CECF914A.jpeg
9EE2DF2A-DCDF-4905-A080-608BB9CA7F64.jpeg

As someone who has dunked a lot of vintage bags and a few non-vintage bags, I can honestly say I learned by doing after a bit a reading here and some videos on the internet. If you have the patience to do a search of my posts here, with some going back to 2017, I gave a brief description of my process and included the products. My favorite was Buckle Bag Tote from last summer! It’s worth a look. I also recommend a search of katev’s posts, she includes lots of helpful info. A member here made a great video on YT, will look for the link.
I like to encourage newbie’s to hold off on rehabbing a rare or special bag until you have a few dunks under your belt. I was lucky to start my rehab journey on a few black bags that were in good condition and a few 10 buck flea market specials that were purchased specifically to try the process on as test bags. They actually came out great and hooked me on rehabbing.
Happy rehabbing and I hope you have storage space for dozens of bags :lol: This is your warning
I have the urge to dunk but I think you are right. I have a few other bags that need less work so maybe I’ll keep reading about everyone’s projects, gather information, do some small stuff, and tackle it after the new year. In two weeks I am heading to my daughter’s and son-in-law’s house to care for my first grandson until he goes to daycare in January. I want to have time when I start the “Willis” and the next couple weeks are for getting ready to leave and wrapping Christmas gifts, making and wrapping caramels and getting those gifts to my people. I’ve been trying to figure out storage for future bags! I looked through the wonderful catalogs last night that several of you so kindly posted and I have quite a list.

It’s just a little loose now- I’ve been trying to press it down each time I apply conditioner. The whole bag after I just brought it home is first photo, then with two layers of cpr is second photo! It was really in pretty good shape- very dry and some scuffs and scrapes. It’s funny there are lots of scrapes in one direction on the non pocket side- like they shoved it underneath something everyday.
View attachment 5615809View attachment 5615810
View attachment 5615806
Wow, what you did made a huge difference. Nice.

Reactions: LadaZuri and Tilis

Before:
View attachment 5615603

After:
View attachment 5615604
WOW!

Before:
View attachment 5615603

After:
View attachment 5615604
This one really is special! I was so excited when this one came your way, it was out of the blue, and completely meant to be! Enjoy it, you did a beautiful job!

Before:
View attachment 5615603

After:
View attachment 5615604
That is a beautiful bag! And a great story! Love a bag with great provenance!

View attachment 5615809View attachment 5615810
View attachment 5615806
The bag looks to be in really good shape to me. Great job on the dunk! One thing I may caution about is “over rehabbing”, or trying to restore a bag to perfect as new condition. These bags have patina of 20-30 years of age on them and that’s ok, that’s why we love vintage bags so much. Lol this was a lesson I had to learn the hard way!

Nowadays I just make up interesting stories about spots and scrapes - While enjoying a clandestine liaison with her lover on the Orient Express, Odette accidentally kicked her bag across the floor, scraping one side. ;)

Enjoy your beautiful bag!