VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

I probably wouldn’t stack more than two at a time. My first bracelet was YG onyx, I removed 4 links (one set between each motif) on that as per the SA suggestion. I just got YG MoP, and also plan to get the YG hammered and maybe the YG guilloche eventually. The guilloche I probably wouldn’t stack though. So aim for the 4 links again?
I wear two WG MOPs as part of my WG MOP set. They are both the same length, two links out. The two bracelets tuck nicely together, giving it more punch which is the look I was hoping to achieve. I like it a lot.

Reactions: hhw and ProShopper1
So I went back and looked at your pics of it stacked with the love. It looks ok and to be honest I’m not sure I would be willing to take loss of 25% to get new size. That’s a significant amount. In addition the flip side is if I were purchasing such an expensive item I would wait and get from VCA. No way would I pay almost 30k on resell market for item that I can get from boutique and have that reflected on my account. Just something to think about when considering ebay sales and so forth.
Thank you @missie1, I am going to get quotes from a few places before I make any decision. Funny after I saw your comment, I opened the box and put in on again, if I align the bracelet with my wrist, it slip up and down, but if it doesn’t align, then the narrow side bracelet stuck with the wide side of the wrist, hence uncomfortable, if you know what I mean.
it is a hard decision or lesson if I should take 25% loss or force myself to wear it.

Thank you @missie1, I am going to get quotes from a few places before I make any decision. Funny after I saw your comment, I opened the box and put in on again, if I align the bracelet with my wrist, it slip up and down, but if it doesn’t align, then the narrow side bracelet stuck with the wide side of the wrist, hence uncomfortable, if you know what I mean.
it is a hard decision or lesson if I should take 25% loss or force myself to wear it.
So if I understand correctly your issue with fit seems to be bracelet isn’t totally able to spin around on your wrist? It’s not designed to be a round bangle so that seems normal to me. If bracelet is turned to narrow part on wide part of you arm it should be uncomfortable because it’s not sitting properly. The hinge and clasp should be on inner and outer side of your arm. If it fit’s good there then honestly your fine. Do you mind taking pic of the uncomfortable way so we can see it

I really need help from you lovely ladies. I went into a local boutique hoping to try on RG pave earrings to see how they pair with my 20 GMOP. As I walked in rather than booking an appointment, my usual SA wasn’t in and the earrings which I wanted to try were out of stock- apparently no stock left where I live. However, the SA who was helping me suggested that I try RG frivole pave earrings (small) and surprising I really liked them. I say “surprisingly” because I didn’t really like the pink sapphire pairs when I tried them on about a year ago- I know I am in minority as I know these are very popular. Then to make things even more complicated for me, he brought out WMOP rose de noel mini earrings for me to try on and WOW! These were stunning! This was my first time trying on these pairs and they just blew my mind away! Now, I am really torn as I initially wanted to have earrings which I can match my 20 GMOP which could also match my other perlee pieces but after trying on two earrings today I am completely off my track and rather lost. In perfect little world, I would want them all but in practicality I wouldn’t want too many earrings knowing I don’t wear earrings that much. FYI- I currently have just two pairs of earrings (YG MOP and guilloche) but I don’t wear them as much as I would like to. If I don’t think about matchy/matchy, rose de noel would stand on stop of my list, frivole second then Alhambra pave third but then I know Alhambra pave will be most versatile piece which will go with my other items.
I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions. I am adding few photos I took when trying these on. Because they didn’t have RG pave, I just held up the pendant on my ear to see how it looks. F316A61A-3E3F-4D2D-88E1-04EA4FD1E4E8.jpegF316A61A-3E3F-4D2D-88E1-04EA4FD1E4E8.jpeg Thank you

Attachments

• B33468B7-6175-4147-A1FC-5850EACF515A.jpeg
    B33468B7-6175-4147-A1FC-5850EACF515A.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 151
  • A849CD51-B89D-4201-94FB-2AE5E74391D2.jpeg
    A849CD51-B89D-4201-94FB-2AE5E74391D2.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 146
Here are two old photos..
one bracelet and two. I think two bracelets pack a punch. The look is still clean and not busy because the bracelets are matching. They lay nice too. Hope this helps.

View attachment 5405438
View attachment 5405439
So pretty! When you say tuck, do you mean they end up like sliding together where the spaces of one is fit with the motifs of the other? Or does it generally sit like that?

Reactions: BigAkoya
I really need help from you lovely ladies. I went into a local boutique hoping to try on RG pave earrings to see how they pair with my 20 GMOP. As I walked in rather than booking an appointment, my usual SA wasn’t in and the earrings which I wanted to try were out of stock- apparently no stock left where I live. However, the SA who was helping me suggested that I try RG frivole pave earrings (small) and surprising I really liked them. I say “surprisingly” because I didn’t really like the pink sapphire pairs when I tried them on about a year ago- I know I am in minority as I know these are very popular. Then to make things even more complicated for me, he brought out WMOP rose de noel mini earrings for me to try on and WOW! These were stunning! This was my first time trying on these pairs and they just blew my mind away! Now, I am really torn as I initially wanted to have earrings which I can match my 20 GMOP which could also match my other perlee pieces but after trying on two earrings today I am completely off my track and rather lost. In perfect little world, I would want them all but in practicality I wouldn’t want too many earrings knowing I don’t wear earrings that much. FYI- I currently have just two pairs of earrings (YG MOP and guilloche) but I don’t wear them as much as I would like to. If I don’t think about matchy/matchy, rose de noel would stand on stop of my list, frivole second then Alhambra pave third but then I know Alhambra pave will be most versatile piece which will go with my other items.
I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions. I am adding few photos I took when trying these on. Because they didn’t have RG pave, I just held up the pendant on my ear to see how it looks. View attachment 5405560View attachment 5405560 Thank you
If you're going for a piece which works best with your GMOP 20, I say get the Alhambra pave. I think they look good together (even with your mock up using the pendant). I see how beautiful those Rose de Noel earrings are! What statements! However, together with GMOP 20, I don't love the pairing, so if you got those earrings, I would assume, they would be worn alone or with a different pairing? Personally, I am a big fan of pave frivoles (on my list) however, again, if I were to choose between frivole and Alhambra paves for the purpose of pairing with Alhambra necklaces, Id say stick with the pave Alhambras. I am a big fan of buying what you love, so if you love the RdeN, I'd get those. Id hate you miss out on them. There will always be something which comes along that will work with your GMOP 20 so if you feel the priority should now be on the RdeN, I'd say, yes.

You'll never enjoy this bracelet if you're forcing yourself to wear it. It's unfortunate the store would not allow you to exchange. Did they advise you of the no return policy when you bought it? Was the return policy prominently displayed? I believe the merchant must do this in order to enforce a no return condition.

However, if I understand correctly, you don't want to return. You want to exchange. That makes a huge difference. The merchant may not have understood what you were requesting.

The meaning of the term "policy," as distinguished from a "rule," is that it affords the merchant discretion to make an exception.

Before completely giving up and selling this, I would recommend that you ask to speak with the store manager. I understand you may have bought this overseas. If you're no longer in the vicinity, call. If that doesn't work, ask to speak to the regional manager. If this is a boutique that carries VCA, find out who the CEO of the company is and call them. I've gone straight to the top when I've had a significant issue I've been unable to resolve at the store level, each time with success.

Trust me, sometimes executives don't know how their staff is handling things at the store level, and they're appreciative of the information. They know if this isn't properly resolved you'll never buy from them again. Not only don't they want the loss of a prominent customer, there is the loss of goodwill, and injury to their reputation that will result when you publish a bad experience as you have here. Someone in upper management will recognize these consequences, all of which can easily be avoided.

The reason I say this, is because there is no downside for them to resolve this in your favor--you didn't change your mind-- you wanted to exchange this for a different size. They also need to accept some responsibly here, they sold you the wrong size in the first place. They're supposed to sell you something that will make you HAPPY. THIS IS JEWELRY! A good salesperson would have discussed the sizing issue in advance so as to avoid the very issue of which you now complain. Insuring a proper fit is an aspect of their job. They created the issue by not acting responsibly or ethically.

Persistence pays. It might take a few calls but at this price-point it's worthwhile exploring further. The worst they can say is no.

Also, if this is one of VCA's vendors, they may want to see a favorable outcome and the regional division of VCA will intervene on your behalf. That's another option to pursue. I would discuss it first with your local store manager. If he/she can't help, again, call corporate.

The other option is to call your credit card company. If this can't be returned to the merchant in person, e.g., handing it to someone at the store and obtaining a receipt, you could return this by mail and dispute it on your credit card. They can't charge you if it's been returned and you no longer have the goods in your possession. Proof of delivery would prove you're not in possession of the merchandise. Some of these rules might be different if you bought overseas. On the other hand, the protections may be even stronger. So call your credit company and find out what your options are.

There's still a lot you can do. Don't give up. Yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions. I am adding few photos I took when trying these on. Because they didn’t have RG pave, I just held up the pendant on my ear to see how it looks. View attachment 5405560View attachment 5405560 Thank you
My priority would be cost per wear. If I would choose the one I would wear the most first. Is that a function of whether it matches you 20 motif? Or maybe your wardrobe? The other jewelry you wear? Or all of the above?
What is your priority? To match your 20 motif?
And just because you don’t get the RDN now doesn’t mean you can’t get it later.

Choose what you love, not what's practical. You'll reach for the practical and regret what you really wanted but didn't buy. The RDN are glamorous and make a real statement. I have a version of these and love them. They're quite versatile. I can dress them up or down. Sometimes I just wear the earrings; they're simple and elegant.
I know others love frivole, but I don't any longer. I outgrew them. I had multiples; all have been rehomed in favor of pieces more unique and less commonplace.
Notwithstanding, frivole is lovely and very wearable and you can't go wrong with either. The issue is that one may be more right than the other.
Go with your gut, not what we say.

I love the way the Frivole earrings look on you. Honestly, I don’t like the way the rose de Noel sits on your ear, although is it possible the strings from your mask are pulling on your ear so those earrings don’t sit right? The Alhambra earring looks like it may be too small and hardly show up. Just my opinion. Get what you love, not what others like.

So if I understand correctly your issue with fit seems to be bracelet isn’t totally able to spin around on your wrist? It’s not designed to be a round bangle so that seems normal to me. If bracelet is turned to narrow part on wide part of you arm it should be uncomfortable because it’s not sitting properly. The hinge and clasp should be on inner and outer side of your arm. If it fit’s good there then honestly your fine. Do you mind taking pic of the uncomfortable way so we can see it
Hi @missie1, thank you for taking time review these again. I took 3 photos, first two showing the hinge and clasp on inner and outer side of my arm, the third photo showing narrow part of the bracelet against the wider part of the wrist, which kind of scratch my skin, and uncomfortable.
IMG_3476.JPGIMG_3474.JPGIMG_3475.JPG

Hi @missie1, thank you for taking time review these again. I took 3 photos, first two showing the hinge and clasp on inner and outer side of my arm, the third photo showing narrow part of the bracelet against the wider part of the wrist, which kind of scratch my skin, and uncomfortable.
View attachment 5405917View attachment 5405916View attachment 5405918
Hi, I think this is what Missie was commenting on. The 3rd photo orientation is supposed to be unnatural and uncomfortable so the bracelet does not rotate in this direction. I’m sure that your Love is not comfortable worn in the vertical orientation as well (screw facing you). If this is your concern I would definitely keep it. It looks like it lines up with your Love ok. Is the Perlee uncomfortable in the first two photos (normal position)?